Opinion Can the Hawks make finals in 2024?

Can the Hawks make finals in 2024?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

After the win against the Dockers, it’s now onto Collingwood this week. Win that game we move onto Adelaide with a bit more optimism. Lose next week we still move onto Adelaide with a little bit less hope. All we can do is 1 week at a time.

So to come.

1 game against top 4 (we have gone 1W1L recently)
2 games against the following throng (2W1L recently) wildcard is GWS on neutral ground
3 games against the bottom of ladder (4W recently)

Spectimur Agendo

Last edited:
I'd have us at 60/40 against the Crows, we tend to play well at Adelaide.

Giants and blues will be tough I agree.

I see us finishing on 13 wins which will be lineball with our percentage.
Yep, i don't see 13 being enough.

Actually, I recently ran one predictor and it's also possible ( most unlikely ) we don't even make it with 14 wins.

I’ve done the ladder predictor 50 times. Picking all the favourites apart from our games we can only lose 1 game because of our percentage.

If there are a couple of upsets we may be able to get in but very unlikely if we lose 2 games. Beat Coll & Adel and we would only have to win one of GWS & Carl. We should beat Rich and North if finals are up for grab.

Results not going our way this weekend.
Well, the most important one did.

It’s such a strange season. On the one hand the sides immediately above us winning (Dogs, Dees, possibly GC here) keeps more clubs in it. On the other hand losses to Port, Pies, Bombers keeps more spots in the 8 up for grabs.

I definitely see Suns beating Port as a positive. port are vulnerable in the 8 and Suns will lose most of their interstate games on the run home

Amazingly brisbane can go top 4 over freo denying us of our top 4 scalp

If they win. Don’t look that impressive right now. It would be the first time higher than 7th this year

Last edited:
Doesn’t matter, we are in control of our own destination. Win 2 of the next 4 games and we’ll make it. Last 2 games against Richmond and North are our percentage boosters.
Mm, I don’t think we will make it relying on 13 wins and flogging Richmond and North. Would need to beat both of them by 70-plus. Looks like we will need 14 wins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn’t look likely now too many sides with better percentage ahead of us. All they can do is keep winning even if we don’t it’s not a big deal it will be a good season and a great platform to build off. And an important part of the puzzle to become a place players want to come again to add the missing pieces. If you’d offered me 12 wins at the start and certainly after being 0-5 I would have snapped your hand off!

Gold Coast v port adel. One has to lose
Next week gws v Gold Coast and freo v melbourne
Then gc v lions melb v giants
Then dogs v melbourne Essendon v dockers

In all these games there has to be losers
Yep and as long as we keep winning, we'll make the finals

Doesn’t look likely now too many sides with better percentage ahead of us. All they can do is keep winning even if we don’t it’s not a big deal it will be a good season and a great platform to build off. And an important part of the puzzle to become a place players want to come again to add the missing pieces. If you’d offered me 12 wins at the start and certainly after being 0-5 I would have snapped your hand off!

Agreed, in some ways, missing finals this year could be a good thing (not that I want to!) in the same way losing to Port ultimately was.

It will give players drive knowing that whilst we played well and are on the path, we need to improve and turn some of
these 1-15 point wins into 30+ and limit losses similarly.

our last game against the Roos in Tassie is still to be scheduled which doesn’t help anyone that may be thinking of travelling with kids 🤦🏼

It's a bit of a tangent but round 24 is shaping as a belter if results go the right way with almost every match potentially impacting the shape of the top 4 and 8.

We could even have the bottom three tied on points and playing for percentage to avoid/win the spoon.

Melbourne vs Pies could actually be the least relevant match of the round.......

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Can the Hawks make finals in 2024?

Back