Unofficial Preview Changes and Discussion - Grand Final Edition v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go you WEAGLES!!!!!

Smash those pies and their home ground advantage!

You're a much more disciplined side, with a better coach. I'll be cheering you guys to win!

Cheer! Cheer!

Also, guys, whatever happens this week, just remember;

This was a team predicted by many to finish bottom four. Certainly the most optimistic of us had us in the 6-10 range.

We've lost Nic Nat, Shep, Kennedy, Gaff, Darling and Barrass at various stages for long stretches, and have continued to deliver.

We've debuted 8 players, including three who will be playing on GF day.

There's no excuse for dishing up an embarrassing or humiliating performance, but in the worst timeline where that hypothetically happens, let's just remember where we are right now. This side, and this season, has been brilliant at all levels. Be proud of the boys, enjoy the week and keep it all in perspective. This season has been everything you could ask for as a supporter.

I love you all.
Appreciate your sentiment but I couldn't disagree more. You've got to take your GF chances when they come. I felt in 2015 that everyone took the attitude "we've done well to get here, if we don't win this year then we'll have a good crack next year too", including the players. I think you are correct in that, as a fan, we should appreciate the team for the season they've put together, win or lose, but at the end of the day I will be very disappointed with a loss because this could be our last chance for a while. Would also be somewhat pissed with Gaff if we lose by anything less than 5 goals.

The players must take a now-or-never attitude (appreciate you may not be talking about the players though).

No changes.

Gov, shuey and rioli may be talked about in the lead up but they will get up.

Im not as nervous as the lead up to 2015. There is a belief and resolve in this group. even in the interviews after the game, the tone in their voice they know there is still work to do.
And it helps a lot not going up against the Hawks in beast mode

I’ll enjoy the week - but then it’ll be a nervous, gut churning Friday evening, Saturday morning.
Same I feel fantastic now, come Friday I’ll start feeling sick and headachy. Stocking up on drugs this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No changes.

Gov, shuey and rioli may be talked about in the lead up but they will get up.

Im not as nervous as the lead up to 2015. There is a belief and resolve in this group. even in the interviews after the game, the tone in their voice they know there is still work to do.

In a way knowing we have a real shot makes me more nervous. Also the prospect of a Pies victory and Eddie jizzing would be unbearable. But I also feel more confident than 15.

Just retain the same game plan and hope that you can defensively absorb Collingwoods bursts, which will come.

There's no chance Cox plays two game like that in a row.

I have you as slight favorites. An amazing coaching exhibition from Simpson, all things considered.

Just retain the same game plan and hope that you can defensively absorb Collingwoods bursts, which will come.

There's no chance Cox plays two game like that in a row.

I have you as slight favorites. An amazing coaching exhibition from Simpson, all things considered.

I think we are much better at containing the big Texan. But 211cm still worries me a bit.

Appreciate your sentiment but I couldn't disagree more. You've got to take your GF chances when they come. I felt in 2015 that everyone took the attitude "we've done well to get here, if we don't win this year then we'll have a good crack next year too", including the players. I think you are correct in that, as a fan, we should appreciate the team for the season they've put together, win or lose, but at the end of the day I will be very disappointed with a loss because this could be our last chance for a while. Would also be somewhat pissed with Gaff if we lose by anything less than 5 goals.

The players must take a now-or-never attitude (appreciate you may not be talking about the players though).

Yep gotta play like we really want it, match their desperation. That's all I expect from the boys, proud of em. If we do that and go down fighting it will be an honourable loss. But genuinely feel our best is good enough, so will have to bring it.

I reckon it'll take a lot to rain on our parade, including the rain or Melb. weather?
No fear or nerves going forward now.
Need to nail down Cox.
2015 burns in these boys, they have a mission to accomplish.
Should make a good account of themselves this time.
Just waiting for the predictable gutterpress muck-raking to start, games+distractions...?

Good luck to EF boys in JK, Yeo, Cripps and Masten next week, bad luck to Sheppard on his hammy too.....would be great to see JK kick a bag and extinguish all those Hawthorn GF nightmares from a few years back....great WA fella is our JK...enjoy your week and day WCE fans....definitely will be supporting the blue and gold next weekend.

I think we are much better at containing the big Texan. But 211cm still worries me a bit.

Eh Sandilands is the same size and never caused us sleepless nights.

He is pretty much their only forward target (De Goey more midsized) so you know where the ball is going and our defence has never been afraid of the big lumbering forward types.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back