Unofficial Preview Changes and Discussion - Grand Final Edition v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh Sandilands is the same size and never caused us sleepless nights.

He is pretty much their only forward target (De Goey more midsized) so you know where the ball is going and our defence has never been afraid of the big lumbering forward types.

Yeah but how often does Sandy take leaping contested marks in forward 50? Lol.

We just have to avoid even kicking it to where Cox can even get a look in.

My gf told me I'm not allowed to change my undies til after the grand final

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Appreciate your sentiment but I couldn't disagree more. You've got to take your GF chances when they come. I felt in 2015 that everyone took the attitude "we've done well to get here, if we don't win this year then we'll have a good crack next year too", including the players. I think you are correct in that, as a fan, we should appreciate the team for the season they've put together, win or lose, but at the end of the day I will be very disappointed with a loss because this could be our last chance for a while. Would also be somewhat pissed with Gaff if we lose by anything less than 5 goals.

The players must take a now-or-never attitude (appreciate you may not be talking about the players though).

You’re not wrong, and of course everyone has every right to be gutted if the result goes the wrong way.

I’m not talking about the players or club, more to the posters on here - if things completely balls up, of course we’ll all be disappointed, I just don’t want to see a cavalcade of “sack _____”, “______ should never play again”, “fold the club” doom and gloom we’ll predictably get.

It’s been a fun and enjoyable ride. We’d be gutted if we blew it now, but it’s undeniably been fun and some perspective (after the initial much needed vent) would serve us well.

Anyway it’s not going to come to any of that because the bloody Coasters are going to roll.

It’s going to be a cracking game! Out of all the top 8 you guys were the only other team I could deal with winning it.
No one gave either of us a chance coming into the season, we’ve both lost key personal during the season, and we’re both hitting our best form coming into the GF.
I was actually pretty confident going into the Richmond game, and I think we can get the job done against you guys but we will need to win the midfield battle pretty comprehensibly.
Either way can’t wait for next weekend.

Do my eyes deceive me, or after the fifth, yes fifth year in a row of a lower ranked team hosting a higher one in the GF are people starting to think about it?

Now I don’t agree with Ralph here, I think the GF being at the MCG is great. There should be a way to make it more equitable for travelling sides though. Whether that’s more guaranteed games at the ground or (my preferred method) is 1) always put the teams who may have to travel on the earlier prelim and 2) give the higher ranked side double the match day tickets of the lower.
Higher ranked team gets 50k of seats
Lower ranked team 10k

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who do you think will present the cup if we win ?
Woosha would be good, but probably can't do it as a current coach of another club. Judd doesn't seem WC enough. Maybe Peter Matera?
Also, what is the rule with selecting a presenter. Could we nominate Gaff/Naitanui to do it ?
Julie Bishop

Eh Sandilands is the same size and never caused us sleepless nights.

He is pretty much their only forward target (De Goey more midsized) so you know where the ball is going and our defence has never been afraid of the big lumbering forward types.
Cox can actually take a mark though. SANDI IMO has been overrated his entire career as he cant mark for shit.

LeCras is probably the guy I most want to get a flag. Was pretty much the only shining light during those dark times and deserves some glory.
Hear hear..
Lecras has received a lot of flak from supporters and BF bots, he's been there through thick and thin,
a very reliable soldier, a solid scorer, a team player and a damn fine fisherman..!
Does deserve some glory along with JK. Would love to see JK get his jollies before he exits.
At GF, maybe Darling can rip it up this time, (or at least a solid game)
along with Marky-Mark and his funky bunch?

Same team beat them 2 weeks ago.

We’ll have an extra man for the whole game (Shep went down 1st quarter). So whatever we did with Degoey just do that again.

Our forward line willbe massively improved over that game as well.

We’ve got this easily.

Last edited:
Cox can actually take a mark though. SANDI IMO has been overrated his entire career as he cant mark for shit.

Cox didn't much week 1 though.

But tall lumbering forwards have never been our weakness. Is the nimble mid sized ones that cause us grief. We shut down De Goey and there really isn't too much other goal scoring from the pies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back