Changes for semi-final v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be inclined to bring Rosa/Hams in as sub and replace Waters with Brennan in the 21.

Ideally, we would have got a game or two into Stevenson through the year and he could've come in...but I wouldn't give him his first game of the year in a semi final.

We smashed them last time by holding back a tall in the forward line (Lynch). Would be funny if we did it again after Lynchy gets off.

^^^ Would be a great troll of NM if Woosh did that.

Listening to Woosha on 6pr on Monday night, I think Stevenson is a big chance.

yeah it will be interesting to see if lynch is named, surely we would have taken the week suspension if he wasn't in the mix for the game. If it wet or dewy he probably wouldn't play anyway, or maybe we will stretch them in defense with the land of the giants. Cant see how they will match up on Kennedy, lynch, darling, and cox/nicnat, not to mention hill is very handy over head. If we can win it in the middle I cant see them containing all our forwards.

Haha mate there have been a few massive chances this year according to Woosh. Keeps his cards close to his chest. Not exactly brave, but love the way he goes about it.

Structurally I firmly believe we play better with Lynch, Kennedy and Darling. It just frees those guys up because they actually compliment each other perfectly and Lynch's decision making becomes less of a problem. It is obviously they way we would have played all year had Kennedy not gone down.

Out: Waters
In: Rosa (if ready) otherwise Hams in to sub

yeah it will be interesting to see if lynch is named, surely we would have taken the week suspension if he wasn't in the mix for the game. If it wet or dewy he probably wouldn't play anyway, or maybe we will stretch them in defense with the land of the giants. Cant see how they will match up on Kennedy, lynch, darling, and cox/nicnat, not to mention hill is very handy over head. If we can win it in the middle I cant see them containing all our forwards.

why? assess the situation on it merits if you think you can beat it challenge it. also there was no risk for challenging. also i reckon Q will play, play as that higher forward that leads up the wing.

why? assess the situation on it merits if you think you can beat it challenge it. also there was no risk for challenging. also i reckon Q will play, play as that higher forward that leads up the wing.

Yeah i guess your right, I suppose it will also be better for his record in the future not to have another suspension, it was never a reportable offense anyway. I hope he does play, worked well last year with all the big forwards in and I think lynch still has plenty to offer further up the ground as you said. Lets hope for a few monsters from outside 50!!!

All the best guys for the game against the pies I personally think you will stretch the pies defence with your mobile forward options and will probably win by 2-3 goals. Hardest aspect for eagles will be containing the mids of the pies if you can do that then eagles should win comfortably.

Who do you think is best to matchup on in the middle? I think (and correct me if i'm wrong):
Pendlebury - scott selwood or Priddis head to head?
Swan - Adam Selwood?
Beams - Kerr head to head?

Good luck!:):footy:

Kennedy, Darling, resting ruck - do we play a 4th tall?

9MCHx.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All the best guys for the game against the pies I personally think you will stretch the pies defence with your mobile forward options and will probably win by 2-3 goals. Hardest aspect for eagles will be containing the mids of the pies if you can do that then eagles should win comfortably.

Who do you think is best to matchup on in the middle? I think (and correct me if i'm wrong):
Swan - Adam Selwood?

tagging swan is a pointless endeavour, that mans a freak, might reduce his 38 to a 35

tagging swan is a pointless endeavour, that mans a freak, might reduce his 38 to a 35

I agree with that but he usually drifts forward and slots a couple of goals was just thinking who would match up on him best when he does go forward?

Big call, he hasn't played in 2012.

In saying that id love his boot(s) in the side.

Swan - Adam Selwood?

I'd say Shuey will spend large portions of time on Beams. A. Selwood will go to Swan if he drifts forward, Scooter will go to Pendles and Kerr will go head to head with the others rotating through.

That's how I see it anyway.

We just need to keep him out of the 50, he'll be exposed vs good rebounding sides like Hawthorn. We should have Darling and Lynch leading up on the wings with Cox and Kennedy deep. Obviously they swap all through the game but this is what we should start with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes for semi-final v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back