Preview Changes for The Prelim

Remove this Banner Ad

He's underated hardly ever loses a one on one.

He’s described as this mythical creature who cannot be defeated. He is rated incredibly highly.

I can’t remember where I saw it, but I think the stat I saw was that he has the worst one on one record in marking contests this year.

Edit:

21F11F3E-5327-4C16-90AF-90B30E6968BC.png
961AAEB6-AC45-413F-B1B9-B85F8EE91369.png

Last edited:
WCE needs to be brave to make the GF and win. The ruck situation is horrendous and is being compounded by having two of them out there.

It's disgraceful that Simpson didn't trial a number of styles prior to the finals. Lycett and Vardy may be able to dominate a Brisbane or Fremantle, but it's naive to think two pears beats an apple. Stop with the argument that Lycett and Vardy will outwork Gawn - they haven't shown this ability all season and just aren't capable.

While not ideal, WCE should drop one of them. Lycett i'm looking at you - You're a dinosaur who would have done well back in the early 2000s. Another midfielder will allow WCE to actually compete rather than be handicapped with one less mid. Play a Schofield who will provide a contest... Anything but the current status quo.

WCE needs to be brave to make the GF and win. The ruck situation is horrendous and is being compounded by having two of them out there.

It's disgraceful that Simpson didn't trial a number of styles prior to the finals. Lycett and Vardy may be able to dominate a Brisbane or Fremantle, but it's naive to think two pears beats an apple. Stop with the argument that Lycett and Vardy will outwork Gawn - they haven't shown this ability all season and just aren't capable.

While not ideal, WCE should drop one of them. Lycett i'm looking at you - You're a dinosaur who would have done well back in the early 2000s. Another midfielder will allow WCE to actually compete rather than be handicapped with one less mid. Play a Schofield who will provide a contest... Anything but the current status quo.

And the weather warming up is going to knock ALL the players
We’ve had a cold winter
Need as much run as possible

But I don’t think Simpson will change the 2 ruck formula unfortunately

TB would probably go with McDonald and maybe a stint or two on Petracca. Gov probably takes Weidman and Schoey on Petracca.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A different opinion amongst all the Vic hype with Demons... an article from the Age says
the Demons are the romantic story of September and have been running over teams
they haven't been able to beat for the past decade.
The Demon's style of play is built for September.

But, this will be their toughest challenge,
for they will also need to withstand a Rockin' Optus Stadium.
Kennedy and Darling may be a problem.
The Eagles finished 2nd on the ladder for a reason.
Eagles by 5 points. (Here's hoping?)

Barrass needs to go to Tom McDonald and shut him down. Even when Hogan is playing forward and the commentators all fawn over him I reckon McDonald is a far more dangerous forward threat. For a guy that spent a lot of time as a defender he is also a dead eye in front of goal. Presents their biggest forward threat for mine

I see what you're saying but why change a working formula. What if Vardy does go down? Gov to ruck, then what about our defence?
I would prefer our AA Defender staying in defence. For us to win, our Mids have to be harder inside and be first to the ball.

Our forward line is what's different about us this year, get them first use.

Barrass needs to go to Tom McDonald and shut him down. Even when Hogan is playing forward and the commentators all fawn over him I reckon McDonald is a far more dangerous forward threat. For a guy that spent a lot of time as a defender he is also a dead eye in front of goal. Presents their biggest forward threat for mine
Yeah he’s the form key forward of the finals

Max Gawn could make or break the game. I'm scared of his ruck taps to his mids. We had trouble with him last game aswell
Scott Cummings did mention on today‘s Footy WA about:
1. Lycett should give Gawn some physical hits to limit his impact as Gawn is tall but not as strong.
2. Melbourne like to pressure the opposition but not good in receiving pressure and suggested WCE should pressure Melbourne hard.

I'm feeling pretty confident based on:

-playing them with Kennedy (after blowing out some cobwebs against the pies) and Darling (concussed and missed basically the whole game)
-We were a man down the last time we played them
-No Ah chee in the backline and Gov back where he should be.
-Melbourne have defeated two poor finals teams that doesnt truly reflect how good/bad they are.
-Their contested ball stats were poor against Hawthorn and this was without O'meara and a struggling Mitchell.
-Melbourne struggle with the kick and mark game style as they rely on doing their best to create 'chaos' (btw I hate how this term is being used every time they play) If our kicking is on, they will be soundly defeated.
-They would be worn down after playing a pretty bruising encounter.
-7 Media claiming them as the next Richmond/fairytale nonsense with all their tips in favour of Melbourne. Puts us under completely the radar.

On a side note I don't think there could be a more satisfying non-grand final win, the Vic media would be absolutely devastated.

Tom Morris and Sam McClure's reactions will be priceless. Can't wait to see their smug faces at the end of the game.

Yep. When Gov had to switch forward to cover JD, we effectively were without him in our backline in that game. So it was almost like, no Jk, no JD and no Gov

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes for The Prelim

Remove this Banner Ad

Back