Preview Changes: QF v GWS

Pick ONE defender and FOUR half forwards/wingmen from the players below

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The 3 ins are easy

The outs not so. If Milera Seedsman and Hartigan came in to cover then they would go out. But I think Hartigan was getting pencilled in for a return. I like Keath and think he could and will do wonderful things for our club but I see Hartigan in for Keath who will make way for Talia

Seedsman and Milera are difficult ones. Lets deal with the easy. Once again if Milera was only in as coverage then he goes back out. Thought he did some good things and thought he drifted out at times and looked rusty. He didnt really make a case to be kept so he goes out for Greenwood.

Walker comes in but they really didnt cover him, just shifted the deckchairs. I thought Seedsman played very well and as someone noted if Smith is held then Seed can take over. Mackay has too many tickets to be dropped just yet, so much so i see him pencilled in for the rest of the year. Atkins. He worries me , he really does. Love him but there is a level of fancy that I would love to see changed to direct. I liked his game deep against Essendon and therefore think he will stay.

Cameron. Oh boy. Oh boy. averaging 12.5 disposals in the last 4 games. Definitely has x-factor but allowing himself to be pressured by Jetta showed his head isnt in the game. Unfortunately I think x-factor may carry him through. Means Seedsman might be unlucky

In: Big 3
Out: Milera, Seedsman and Keath

I don't think Betts played well, that's an average game for Eddie.

I would play Mackay instead of Cameron, I trust him in front of goal more than Cameron. He's quick enough and goes in hard these days.

Agreed we've left it late to drop Cameron but that doesn't mean he deserves to keep his spot.
So you're going into finals with Mackay after a sub standard outside mid effort as a pressure forward for the first time this year - a new role shutting down the likes of Williams , Shaw and Wilson

Sorry - but are you mad ( ps I know you're not I'm just surprised )

Interesting week:

In: Tex, Talia, Greenwood.
Out: Milera, Keath, Mackay.

Cameron is safe seeing that his direct replacement broke his jaw last week, and we really don't have anyone on our list outside of Greenwood that'll step in to replace him; it's an absolute waste of Greenwood as well to do that.

Milera and Keath are both outs, I reckon they're both going to be very good players but will get overlooked for more experienced players.

Final two spots are between Atkins, Seedsman and Mackay and out of the three, it's really out of Seedsman and Mackay seeing we've had no interest in dropping Atkins this season; whereas Mackay has been relegated before.

I reckon Seedsman has more weapons, and is more important as a player then Mackay.

Interesting week:

In: Tex, Talia, Greenwood.
Out: Milera, Keath, Mackay.

Cameron is safe seeing that his direct replacement broke his jaw last week.

Milera and Keath are both outs, I reckon they're both going to be very good players but will get overlooked for more experienced players.

Final two spots are between Atkins, Seedsman and Mackay and out of the three, it's really out of Seedsman and Mackay seeing we've had no interest in dropping Atkins this season; whereas Mackay has been relegated before.

I reckon Seedsman has more weapons, and is more important as a player then Mackay.
This makes most sense to me

So you're going into finals with Mackay after a sub standard outside mid effort as a pressure forward for the first time this year - a new role shutting down the likes of Williams , Shaw and Wilson

Sorry - but are you mad ( ps I know you're not I'm just surprised )
Given how Charlie is playing Mackay can't do any worse.

Back to the team we named on Thursday.

OUT: Hartigan, Milera, Seedsman
IN: Talia, Walker, Greenwood

Hartigan did a good job of keeping Kennedy quiet, but coughed up a lot of goals to other players, through some awful, awful mistakes. No way he plays ahead of Keath.

I wouldn't totally rule out Seedsman remaining in, and Mackay dropping out - but I wouldn't bet on it happening.
A the least I wasn't the only one who thought that Hartigan made some terrible blues today.

Edit: Hartigan had 12 touches, 3 of which were turnovers. I'd be interested to know how many led directly to goals. Keath only had 7 touches, but no turnovers. I don't know. I'm not super confident either of them kill it come finals.

I feel Seed and Mackay are fighting for one spot. Seedsman is the far more damaging player as evidenced by today's game but you just know Campo won't let DMac get dropped.

Look I would play Seed everyday of the week over Mookay, but as we have already found out Pyke loves the 400k dollar man.

So Walker, Talia and Greenwood in.

Who to drop, consensus seems to be:
Keath v Hartigan
Cameron v Seeds
Milera out.

I'd drop Hartigan and Seedsman personally.
Keath v Hartigan isn't a great choice, both have issues.
I also think Cameron has more upside than Seeds. Seeds was pretty good today, so it's hard luck, but I reckon he went missing a bit and not sure he can tackle at all. Cameron has been awful though, it's a risk but if he fires up for finals, watch out.
And Milera is just not mature enough yet. Confidence and poise - then he'll be a solid player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't care how many games Mackay has been "not bad enough to drop" this year, as far as I'm concerned Seedsman is not only less of a liability but a far more dangerous player and needs to take his spot.

I've been no fan of Charlie's recently but I wouldn't replace him with Milera.

Atkins hasn't been setting the world on fire lately either, but like Seedsman they're dice we'll just have to roll IMO.

IMO Hartigan took Keath's spot today too.

In: Walker, Talia, Greenwood
Out: Keath, Mackay, Milera
Agree with these changes. I was leaning towards Keath > Hartigan before the game but H stood up better in the one on one contests as the game wore on. Keath got a bit lost, panicky and 'grabby'

So Walker, Talia and Greenwood in.

Who to drop, consensus seems to be:
Keath v Hartigan
Cameron v Seeds
Milera out.

I'd drop Hartigan and Seedsman personally.
Keath v Hartigan isn't a great choice, both have issues.
I also think Cameron has more upside than Seeds. Seeds was pretty good today, so it's hard luck, but I reckon he went missing a bit and not sure he can tackle at all. Cameron has been awful though, it's a risk but if he fires up for finals, watch out.
And Milera is just not mature enough yet. Confidence and poise - then he'll be a solid player.
The issue with seed was evident in the last quarter when he was easily shrugged off the tackle as though he wasn"t there. Was pretty disappointing to see and may have sealed his fate. The selection problem is made more difficult by cameron being out of form. His pace will be invaluable so he may get the nod. Keath is also a much better player with Talia in the team. He is green but is worthwhile persisting with. Our structure has looked the best it has all year with Keath in the backline imo.

The issue with seed was evident in the last quarter when he was easily shrugged off the tackle as though he wasn"t there. Was pretty disappointing to see and may have sealed his fate. The selection problem is made more difficult by cameron being out of form. His pace will be invaluable so he may get the nod. Keath is also a much better player with Talia in the team. He is green but is worthwhile persisting with. Our structure has looked the best it has all year with Keath in the backline imo.
Shuey is very difficult to tackle though, insane core.

Agreed ... Talia and Hartigan are not a good combo , GWS will isolate Harto and switch with space which will bring in there small forwards .
Keath offers presence and cut out which allows Lever to play the intercept plus Kelly is a great team defender who locks down and helps out .
Those 3 are crucial for defensive triangle with Talia and Brown in lockdown mode and Laird to mop with Brodes to link .

That's how much I've rated Charlie's last 3 months.

He's getting a game on name and that's it. If his name was Wright this board would be going to town on him, hell hes not producing much more than Petrenko used to.

Agreed

Cameron has been absolute garbage for weeks and has somehow inexplicably escaped the axe.

Nothing sums up his recent form more than seeing him today do that stupid skip when Jetta was behind him. He doesn't have a football brain and he's gone from being a questionable shot on goal to now being psychologically scarred to the point of where he has the yips from a set shot.

He's quick and is a great tackler, but he's been on the list now for four years has not really progressed/developed at all as a player.

If the Brions give us Pick 19 for him it'll be a "start the car" trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: QF v GWS

Back