Preview Changes: R4 2021 vs North Melbourne

What will the AFC do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Next man up.

Pedlar / Hatley / Fogarty ... bring it on.

If we are going to blood the next band of players, there is no time like the present - and by "present" I mean the gift that is playing the Roos right now :)

I'm not saying we are walk up winners, just that they are clearly the worst team in the AFL right now (as we were last year).

I'd immediately put Lynch on ice. Fog in for him to play half forward with midfield spurts. Perfect opportunity with Sloane out to have a little extra stoppage grunt among the rest of the group. It's a rebuild, let's hope we don't see Mackay in the side and/or Lynch play under duress when there's perfectly good other options.

We did well with Talia Crouch and Milera all out. But losing Lynch and Sloane could be the knee buckler

Eh it's a good opportunity to get used to life without these two. Who knows what we unearth from it.

Do we know how it happened?

My understanding is it doesn’t need to be direct contact to the eye, it can happen from a blow to the head

Can we bring Worrell in and shuffle the deck chairs to cover Sloane with someone else already in the team? I don't pretend to know enough about the game to understand all the different roles in modern footy.

We have 7 in last week's 22 that are listed on the website as defenders - Butts, Doodee, Moose, Smith, Brown, Hamill and Kelly.
7 are mids - Sloane, Seeds, Berry, Schoenberg, Laird, Scholl, Keays.
7 forwards Murphy, McAdam, Tex, Lynch, Rowe, McHenry, Frampton
+ ROB = 22

Is it possible to play an 8/6 Def/Mid setup and give maybe Doods, Smith and Kelly some on-ball minutes?

4 weeks for a detatched retina?...

wishful thinking?...

guy I work with had a detatched retina a couple of years back.. took him six to eight weeks to recover from the operation... and he wasnt subjecting his body, and thus his newly re-attached retina, to the rigours of AFL footy...

me thinks we might not see ol sloaney for a good while..

ohwell, silver linings, another opportunity for one of our youngsters to step up...
I thought this as well.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Magically, just as we play the weakest team in the comp a couple of senior players go out, with bizarre injuries that no one in public saw happen hmmm. Not the first time since Nicks has coached either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Magically, just as we play the weakest team in the comp a couple of senior players go out, with bizarre injuries that no one in public saw happen hmmm. Not the first time since Nicks has coached either.

Yup, a pretty unfortunate injury to Sloane, and sounds like Lynch had it for a week or so.

Good time to test the character of this young group, seeing they'll be riding on a high after a good three weeks.

We did well with Talia Crouch and Milera all out. But losing Lynch and Sloane could be the knee buckler
Sloane is a major loss based on his form. Lynch is not a major loss at all and in turn this is an opportunity to find his replacement.

Last edited:
With the news Sloane is out for a few weeks minimum, Chayce Jones' time has arrived.

Pedlar probably unlucky to not be ready to go, but now it's Jones' time.

If it's otherwise, like Hately, then I'm seriously concerned for Jones, but Hately could be favoured given his point of difference as a tall mid.

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jones needs some form and confidence in the SANfL first. I’d be bringing Fogarty in and playing him and berry 50/50 midfield and forward.

If Lynch goes out I’m not sure who we bring in. I’m a bit worried about lack of on ground leadership
I agree it could be Fog. Alternatively Hately. This is set up perfectly for Hately (groins permitting), but the selectors may be wanting to give Fog a go. Both would be capable of sharing the midfield and forward duties with Berry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R4 2021 vs North Melbourne

Back