Preview Changes: Round 19 v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Very surprised that Menzel hasn't been considered for the Eddie role.
Milera will probably come in for him, would love Poholke to come in for Brouch, whilst Hartigan for Otten looks predictable, despite me personally liking Otten in our backline far more than Kyle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I sure hope Doedee stays but where does he play even next year?

Kelly seems to have locked up the medium defender position, and we prefer to push a mid like Douglas/Mackay/anyone back if Laird or Brown are injured rather than bringing in another defender.

I'd like to see Doedee train all pre-season as a midfielder and play there in 2018. He moves beautifully for his size and would dominate in the air against other mids.

Thoughts, y'all?

If we had Thommo playing off a flank instead of punching out 100% midfield time then he'd have had a chance to roll through the midfield in spurts. It's not a coincidence that our developing mids have stagnated with Thommo's 'coaching' role. He reduces available time considerably.

People are over analysing the Doedee situation. If you would have asked the question at this time last year whether Jake Kelly would get a game this year, pretty much every person would have said no. Kelly hasn't quite had enough bad games all season and only 1 or 2 in the last 10 games so n real reason for him to be dropped but that spot is up for grabs next pre season.

Would not be surprised if we moved Cheney on and left the two youngsters to make the spot their own. Get the idea though, when Tommy gets the gig, he won't give it up because he fought so hard for it.

Onto selections, hope they go Seed and Pokey. Think Harto and jnr could use a game or two in the twos, we have the flexibility in our side to cover Eddie and still tag if we need too.

People are over analysing the Doedee situation. If you would have asked the question at this time last year whether Jake Kelly would get a game this year, pretty much every person would have said no. Kelly hasn't quite had enough bad games all season and only 1 or 2 in the last 10 games so n real reason for him to be dropped but that spot is up for grabs next pre season.

Would not be surprised if we moved Cheney on and left the two youngsters to make the spot their own. Get the idea though, when Tommy gets the gig, he won't give it up because he fought so hard for it.

Onto selections, hope they go Seed and Pokey. Think Harto and jnr could use a game or two in the twos, we have the flexibility in our side to cover Eddie and still tag if we need too.
It's not over analysing, it's putting yourself in Doedees shoes.

First round pick, from Victoria who hasn't had one game and is uncontracted. That's a recipe for a player leaving if I've ever seen one.

Very surprised that Menzel hasn't been considered for the Eddie role.
Milera will probably come in for him, would love Poholke to come in for Brouch, whilst Hartigan for Otten looks predictable, despite me personally liking Otten in our backline far more than Kyle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Did you see Menzel on the weekend?

It's not over analysing, it's putting yourself in Doedees shoes.

First round pick, from Victoria who hasn't had one game and is uncontracted. That's a recipe for a player leaving if I've ever seen one.

Like I said they don't give you games because you have a nice hair cut, Greenwood had to demand his position but if the team is on top and flying it's exactly what you would expect, spots aren't given out like train tickets you need to earn them like Greenwood did

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Like I said they don't give you games because you have a nice hair cut, Greenwood had to demand his position but if the team is on top and flying it's exactly what you would expect, spots aren't given out like train tickets you need to earn them like Greenwood did

And what does that have to do with whether Doedee decides to stay?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And what does that have to do with whether Doedee decides to stay?

It will be whether we cut him or not

He will stay on the list I see him as a similar prospect to CEY he was a third round pick and we persisted with him

Doedee is the same except we used a first on him just made a little error on that one, ask your bro he will tell you all about it

Having not seen much of him, who is he most like? Brad Crouch mould?

Not much like him IMO

At present he's a forward / mid and we know Brad is very much a mid and prob could play back ( like his U17 year in U18 nationals )

Poholke is very good overhead and a goal kicker , a long way behind Brad in contested ball, stoppages , tackling not to say he's poor in those areas but he's no Brad

He's a little bit like Luke Parker in style due to his forward work but once again a long way to go to be as good but you get the point

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: Round 19 v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back