Preview Changes: Round 19 v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Not much like him IMO

At present he's a forward / mid and we know Brad is very much a mid and prob could play back ( like his U17 year in U18 nationals )

Poholke is very good overhead and a goal kicker , a long way behind Brad in contested ball, stoppages , tackling not to say he's poor in those areas but he's no Brad

He's a little bit like Luke Parker in style due to his forward work but once again a long way to go to be as good but you get the point

Probably reflects in his draft position compared to brad

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's not over analysing, it's putting yourself in Doedees shoes.

First round pick, from Victoria who hasn't had one game and is uncontracted. That's a recipe for a player leaving if I've ever seen one.

They talked Lyons into staying, then shafted him.

They talked Wigg into staying - and then ignore him.

We prefer proven plodders to unproven talent - if you're a smart kid, you'd move on.

It will be whether we cut him or not

He will stay on the list I see him as a similar prospect to CEY he was a third round pick and we persisted with him

Doedee is the same except we used a first on him just made a little error on that one, ask your bro he will tell you all about it

No chance we will cut him, he will cut us if anything

They talked Lyons into staying, then shafted him.

They talked Wigg into staying - and then ignore him.

We prefer proven plodders to unproven talent - if you're a smart kid, you'd move on.

Look, I agree with you to a point, your other examples are fine but Doedee is basically up against one guy for his league spot and that guy has played some reasonable footy and brings a level of hardness to our team that is missing in our backline. Granted, I'd still put Doedee in over him but it isn't like Kelly has been stinking it up like Mackay and still getting a game, Doedee is being held out by a guy performing.

In saying that, I still think Doedee gets a gig this year, think we may start giving players a week off if we win the next two

Serious? You don't think a Victorian club would grab Doedee?
Why would they? Wasn't ass highly rated when we picked him. Hasn't played a game for us. If other clubs rated him as a 2nd rounder at best I think they'd back themselves to pick their own 2nd rounder at draftee rates rather than Doedee who's already lost 2 years without enough development to get a look in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you being serious or taking the piss, we are going to be lucky to get a first rounder for Gov

We got him with pick 17, he is pretty much tracking at that pick. Only Greesham and Burton are definitely better than him. Anybody that was interested in him in 2015 wouldnt have lost interest with the way he has developed. He is being kept out by Jake Kelly who has had just 5 goals kicked on him all year according to Footy Classified I think it was. We wont get better than a late first for him, but given his development I think he is good value for a pick in the range 15-25. Those a pretty speculative picks anyway and you dont really have to speculate on Doedee anymore. You pretty much know your going to get a 5 year to 10 year defender that is a marking machine but needs some work on his kicking.

I wouldn't trade him for a pick in the range 15-25. But I would do it if it was a means to an ends of a FA like Kelly.

Ķ
Ok. Let's bet:

I bet if Doedee decides not to re-sign for the Crows he will be picked up. You bet he won't.

Lunch.

Done deal?
I hope it's moot :(

We got him with pick 17, he is pretty much tracking at that pick. Only Greesham and Burton are definitely better than him. Anybody that was interested in him in 2015 wouldnt have lost interest with the way he has developed. He is being kept out by Jake Kelly who has had just 5 goals kicked on him all year according to Footy Classified I think it was. We wont get better than a late first for him, but given his development I think he is good value for a pick in the range 15-25. Those a pretty speculative picks anyway and you dont really have to speculate on Doedee anymore. You pretty much know your going to get a 5 year to 10 year defender that is a marking machine but needs some work on his kicking.

I wouldn't trade him for a pick in the range 15-25. But I would do it if it was a means to an ends of a FA like Kelly.

We got pick 24 for Gunston and a third rounder for Lyon do you honestly think we will get anything better than a fourth rounder

It's an irrelevant bet as he will be resigning

If he was to leave we wouldn't get anything for him and he would go in the draft that's for sure

If it's irrelevant you have nothing to lose.

So you said he won't get grabbed by a club, so what does it matter if he goes into the draft?

Cmon, surely the odds are in your favour?

You don't rate him.
He hasn't played a game.
You don't think anyone would grab him.

Why would they? Wasn't ass highly rated when we picked him. Hasn't played a game for us. If other clubs rated him as a 2nd rounder at best I think they'd back themselves to pick their own 2nd rounder at draftee rates rather than Doedee who's already lost 2 years without enough development to get a look in.
Or they could rate him but realise we've used the least amount of players in the comp for two years running and we are are a hard side to break into.

They might not have to use a second rounder on him anyway.

If it's irrelevant you have nothing to lose.

So you said he won't get grabbed by a club, so what does it matter if he goes into the draft?

Cmon, surely the odds are in your favour?

You don't rate him.
He hasn't played a game.
You don't think anyone would grab him.

If he signs again with Adelaide it's a draw I'll take that as he will resign he is so limited

We got pick 24 for Gunston and a third rounder for Lyon do you honestly think we will get anything better than a fourth rounder

As I said. We sign Doedee up first so he will be contracted. We only consider trading him, or any of our other good young players if its part of a trade that gets us Kelly. That is more unlikely than getting a fair trade for one of our players.

Gunston was not best 22 and demanded to go home. He was probably only worth pick 24 at the time. He was picked up for pick 29 according to wikipedia.

Not sure if we ever traded Garry Lyon. But Jarryd Lyons we didnt want. Its a shame that we couldnt get fair value for him because I really liked his game and thought he would keep on his trajectory and his form at GC doesnt surprise me. Having said that he is not a midfielder that would take us or any team to a flag. What value do you place on those types of players? Not sure, but I think in the end we probably take that pick and speculate on Poholke. May not be good enough either, but in the grand scheme of things at least it gives us a chance to pull another Rory Sloane from nowhere.

Moore Reid Cox is a small forward line? We have to play Otto or Harto to be able to match that if Cox is picked.

They have a very quick and small backline with Maynard, Howe, Langdon & Crisp. The Sack is not a Key Back so whoever gets him needs to take it to the house
MOORE won't play.. you can lock that in,.. COX and REID are both spuds, not to mention Reid will likely play back to cover one of our forward threats.. their forward line of Fasolo, Elliot etc is the worry. I stand by my opinion that playing Talia, Hartigan, Keath AND potentially Otten will create one of the slowest backlines ever fielded..

No other AFL club is going to take him.
Don't think you could be more wrong, Geelong would be all over him with the raps former Geelong "team of the century" player and now Geelong Falcons Talent Manager Mick Turner had on Doedee, not to mention the Hawks who Gary Buckenara said had plenty of interest. Geelong especially and to a lesser extent the Hawks who have had a dearth of top end picks to use on young talent which Doedee certainly still is.

Surely Harto doesn't get anywhere near a immediate return. He was playing like faeces before he pinged the hammy
MOORE won't play.. you can lock that in,.. COX and REID are both spuds, not to mention Reid will likely play back to cover one of our forward threats.. their forward line of Fasolo, Elliot etc is the worry. I stand by my opinion that playing Talia, Hartigan, Keath AND potentially Otten will create one of the slowest backlines ever fielded..

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: Round 19 v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back