Preview Changes v Geelong, Sun 14 April 1:00pm at VicGovFundedKardinia Park [Zurhaar (calf)/Shiels (GS)/KDaws (ankle)/Stevo OUT; Sellers/Big/Laz/Drury IN]

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets Go Sport GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING

Yes! Really hope he goes well and doesn't take a smashing personally. Blood him up now for the Hawks next week...

We could use this guy running around again

You know it's going to be a good 3 mins when that's the title and the first goal is actually ridiculous.

Well, this is interesting.

I don't think we've gone in with two genuine KPF since Comben played there last year and since we had Ben Brown. It really has been a void that needed to be sorted.

Larkey will still get the best defender but let's see how it happens for Sellers. They will both need to work their arse off to create space on a ground that has very little of it.

If they can both clunk a few in some genuine 1v1s that's where we can at least be competitive for longer.

Geelong will hurt us on the turnover when it goes inside 50 so bringing in Sellers and if RHJ plays that might help with some of those issues.

I can't say I have the confidence we'll win but just bring the intensity and don't get sucked into their style. Play to ours. We've been so reactive recently and gone away from the structures that we've shown works against very good opposition.

Well, this is interesting.

I don't think we've gone in with two genuine KPF since Comben played there last year and since we had Ben Brown. It really has been a void that needed to be sorted.

Larkey will still get the best defender but let's see how it happens for Sellers. They will both need to work their arse off to create space on a ground that has very little of it.

If they can both clunk a few in some genuine 1v1s that's where we can at least be competitive for longer.

Geelong will hurt us on the turnover when it goes inside 50 so bringing in Sellers and if RHJ plays that might help with some of those issues.

I can't say I have the confidence we'll win but just bring the intensity and don't get sucked into their style. Play to ours. We've been so reactive recently and gone away from the structures that we've shown works against very good opposition.
This is a much better setup to allow players with real dangerous attributes - like Curtis, who is already going pretty well - to get off the chain. Hope Sellers kicks 2 in the first quarter and then Larkey / Curtis feast.

This is a much better setup to allow players with real dangerous attributes - like Curtis, who is already going pretty well - to get off the chain. Hope Sellers kicks 2 in the first quarter and then Larkey / Curtis feast.
Curtis has been actually pretty good at ground level. When he gets the opportunity that is.

The ball was being too easily intercepted by defenders with very little accountability. I think Sellers would've came in anyway regardless of the Zurhaar injury.

The minute we make opposition backline earn the footy, that makes most teams best qualities much harder to execute. I don't actually rate the pressure stuff inside 50 as such (as much as it is a good thing to have anyway). The metric I'd be looking for is how we block the exits and force a long kick or how we setup behind the play so that we can have repeat entries for scoreboard pressure.

If we can stop being forced to chase and pressure like headless chickens then it gives us more energy to score from inside 50s and clearances. The midfield battle will be interesting on Sunday as much as how we will look forward.

Not too concerned about the backline now Comben is back there. There's so much upside to that I reckon he'll be a ripper with very little if any doubt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Curtis has been actually pretty good at ground level. When he gets the opportunity that is.

The ball was being too easily intercepted by defenders with very little accountability. I think Sellers would've came in anyway regardless of the Zurhaar injury.
Agree with pretty much everything and I agree Sellers would have come in either way, the pity is that it would have been even more dangerous with Zurhaar there. I've been vocal that Sellers should have been rolled out weeks ago, but he's in now and we get a chance to see what having (hopefully) some decent structure forward of the ball does to help further up the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes v Geelong, Sun 14 April 1:00pm at VicGovFundedKardinia Park [Zurhaar (calf)/Shiels (GS)/KDaws (ankle)/Stevo OUT; Sellers/Big/Laz/Drury IN]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back