Prediction Changes v Whoever The **** It Is After The Bye

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting to see Jones playing extremely well at CHB for Caaaarrlton after being quite ordinary as a forward there and at the Bullies.Its not too late to try Darling at CHB and chuck the Gov forward!! I was just saying.....

Interesting to see Jones playing extremely well at CHB for Caaaarrlton after being quite ordinary as a forward there and at the Bullies.Its not too late to try Darling at CHB and chuck the Gov forward!! I was just saying.....
Darling can't mark though

Different types of players, Jones, as an athlete is an animal, strong, good leap and speed. The focus on beating/neutralising an opponent suits Jones a lot better than it would Darling.

Different types of players, Jones, as an athlete is an animal, strong, good leap and speed. The focus on beating/neutralising an opponent suits Jones a lot better than it would Darling.

I agree with you that Darling isn't a defender but I think there's some merit in what eaglesnutcase is saying.

I'd like to see Jack spend some time in defence when a game is totally gone - like when we're down by 10 goals in the 4th. I think it would be good for him to see how hard defenders have to try just to stop a shot at goal. Then he'd hopefully understand how much he lets defenders off the hook when he dives or looses his feet in a contest as a forward. Defenders go from scrambling for dear life to loping outside 50 with plenty of time.

Now, I don't actually mind if we overlook guys like Partington and bring back Masten and/ or Redden this week. I really don't see us winning this game, so we'd be better off losing with guys like Masten and Redden in the side rather than any of the young lads, because we all know who will pay the price for a loss at the selection table next week. And that way it really is glaringly obvious we aren't in contention and things absolutely need to change. Then bring in the younger lads for the next game.

Now, I don't actually mind if we overlook guys like Partington and bring back Masten and/ or Redden this week.
Ignoring your sound point..

giphy.gif

Now, I don't actually mind if we overlook guys like Partington and bring back Masten and/ or Redden this week. I really don't see us winning this game, so we'd be better off losing with guys like Masten and Redden in the side rather than any of the young lads, because we all know who will pay the price for a loss at the selection table next week. And that way it really is glaringly obvious we aren't in contention and things absolutely need to change. Then bring in the younger lads for the next game.
But you could say the same for the week after. Then the week after that......

Get the young guys in now. Sooner the better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jones is 198cm. Darling is 191. He's too short to be a CHB
Schoey and Barass give us the height,darling can play a role as per Burgoyne.Didnt we reach a GF with a small defence? And really at this stage dont we need to change things?Its a darn sight easier to stand next to someone and spoil than it is to mark.We know he can chase and tackle.Wew need to think outside the box.

Ignoring your sound point..

giphy.gif
Where this club is at the moment it is essential we test out as much of our squad as possible.Do we wait till next year to start playing them? What waste another year?? Hey Biggie are you on the "we wont make the eight bandwagon yet"??

Where this club is at the moment it is essential we test out as much of our squad as possible.Do we wait till next year to start playing them? What waste another year?? Hey Biggie are you on the "we wont make the eight bandwagon yet"??
I tagged you in a post and said you may well be right, might have been the game v Gold Coast..

Agreed- we need the youth and the time is now

The problem is that whilst our season is still alive, the club will see it that way and given where we are, our run home and how unpredictable other teams' form is, our season is still technically alive. On that basis, they will probably be reluctant to play too much youth and will stick mostly with the experienced players. Personally, I think our season is over and have for quite a while as I don't see us rectifying various deficiencies in a hurry and we should be playing more youth as long term it will benefit us. I also think playing a bit more youth could provide a spark for this season as well. But I wouldn't be holding our breaths for wholesale changes until the season is absolutely shot (and even then, I am not so sure the necessary changes will be made as they will think we are a chance next year).

The problem is that whilst our season is still alive, the club will see it that way and given where we are, our run home and how unpredictable other teams' form is, our season is still technically alive. On that basis, they will probably be reluctant to play too much youth and will stick mostly with the experienced players. Personally, I think our season is over and have for quite a while as I don't see us rectifying various deficiencies in a hurry and we should be playing more youth as long term it will benefit us. I also think playing a bit more youth could provide a spark for this season as well. But I wouldn't be holding our breaths for wholesale changes until the season is absolutely shot (and even then, I am not so sure the necessary changes will be made as they will think we are a chance next year).

Depends what you term as "alive"? If thats to scrape into the eight and have no chance realistically of winning the flag with this midfield then yep, its alive.. :D

All we need to improve the structures of the team is Lycett to come back and in form and stay fit to be a lot better placed , also Wellingham and Barrass to come into the side and we look better I reckon . Cole and Partington should be the two in line to play as youth for parts of the second half of the season .
This season is so even any team in the eight could win the flag this season .

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes v Whoever The **** It Is After The Bye

Remove this Banner Ad

Back