Prediction Changes v Whoever The **** It Is After The Bye

Remove this Banner Ad

Depends what you term as "alive"? If thats to scrape into the eight and have no chance realistically of winning the flag with this midfield then yep, its alive.. :D

We are currently ninth despite putting our future on hold as we play senior players over youth. I do believe our lack of a dominant ruckman has hurt us badly, but even so only the delusional could possibly think the addition or Lycett or even Nicnat will turn our fortunes around. What is needed is clear as day but we will see tonight whether the club is interested making the hard decisions.

It is very clear that the current crop of senior players treat playing for West Coast, and the privilege of playing in the AFL, like a welfare recipient. 'It is my right to get a game every week/receive some sort of government payment every week.'

If West Coast bring back Masten and Redden against Geelong then I will be totally convinced that the club needs a clean out from top to bottom. There is no point scraping into the eight with a bunch of experienced players who have lost the desire to put their bodies on the line each week and more than happy to gather 15-20 easy possessions, especially when the game is lost, convincing themselves that they contributed.

Far better to start playing some younger guys who will bring enthusiasm, desire, commitment and pace. We might not make the eight, but at least we will know where our list stands, and we might actually see some fight amongst the players. I would rather lose a few games seeing what depth we have in our playing squad than have players like Priddis, Redden, Masten, Petrie, Hutchings and Mackenzie plod around every week proving nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the changes might look something like this?

IN: Cole, Barrass, Wellingham, Partington
OUT: Butler, Mackenzie, Priddis (rest), LeCras

So the changes might look something like this?

IN: Cole, Barrass, Wellingham, Partington
OUT: Butler, Mackenzie, Priddis (rest), LeCras

If Priddis was going to be rested I think that would have come up. Ditto a Partington debut :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes v Whoever The **** It Is After The Bye

Remove this Banner Ad

Back