Changes vs Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe Hoff could ask the ump if he can roll the ball along the boundary line from 50m and soccer it through?

Be the equivalent of the Buddy arc. :p

Maybe Hoff could ask the ump if he can roll the ball along the boundary line from 50m and soccer it through?

Be the equivalent of the Buddy arc. :p

He just needs the ump to call on randomly so he is kicking under duress and not thinking about it.

If summarises that well.

For all his greatness this year, his shakey goal kicking gets me worried at times. Off to defense young man until you kick goals regularly :)

Westhoff's goal kicking is no worse than Robbie Gray's. In fact Westhoff is one of our more reliable kicks at goal. He is no Jay Schulz but he is no Robbie Gray either. Put Westhoff into defence (please note the Oxford spelling) and we will loose this weekend. At least Westhoff is getting regular shots at goal which is more than can be said of others.

Westhoff's goal kicking is no worse than Robbie Gray's. In fact Westhoff is one of our more reliable kicks at goal. He is no Jay Schulz but he is no Robbie Gray either. Put Westhoff into defence (please note the Oxford spelling) and we will loose this weekend. At least Westhoff is getting regular shots at goal which is more than can be said of others.

He's not stationed there forever but floats back a bit more often. Hombsch were on the nose last game IMO and I'd rather Marshall and Westhoff dropping back in the hole to aid the defense (not the non traditional way of spelling) :)

Was hoping that AJ would prove me wrong but he just isn't quite up to it yet, it was a really strange selection because his form in the SANFL hadn't been that flash either. Probably would've been better off giving Todd Marshall another chance, but anyway it's done now and AJ hasn't done enough to keep his gifted spot.

For me AJ is the only omission, with Jonas out injured. Who comes in depends on if Sam Gray is fit. I'm wondering if Lienert can take Jonas spot, not Hombsch? I still like Hombsch, has a decent crack but it's as if those hip surgeries have really taken the wind out of his sails. As hard as he tries he just isn't as mobile as what he used to be.

I really like the idea of Lienert getting a run, but no contested possessions, limited tackles and 10 marks that were all uncontested. Just don’t think he’s done enough hard work to warrant selection yet - his body just may not quite be ready?

Ouch!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bass made a point of dropping Leinerts name during the 5aa interview. Just casually. Lienert is a lock.

Controversial selection time:

Hombsch for Jonas
Pittard for Houston
Lienert for Bonner

I need me some raking 45 degree kicks to the other side of the ground from Lienert and some line breaking from Pittard, because the other two sure as shit haven't done it this year.

Hombsch for Jonas
Pittard for Houston
Lienert for Bonner

I need me some raking 45 degree kicks to the other side of the ground from Lienert and some line breaking from Pittard, because the other two sure as shit haven't done it this year.

You’re dreaming!

Hombsch for Jonas
Pittard for Houston
Lienert for Bonner

lol, nah.

Bonner has dropped off a fair bit from his first month though, I wouldn't melt too hard if he was dropped.

lol, nah.

Bonner has dropped off a fair bit from his first month though, I wouldn't melt too hard if he was dropped.

It's either Houston or Trengove.

It's either Houston or Trengove.

Then it's Trengove, and by a long way too. Houston played the worst game of his career against Hawthorn six weeks ago but he's been clearly our most in form half back since.

Or if you're that worried about our lack of run it'd make more sense to bring Lienert rather than Hombsch in for Jonas. Clurey, Howard and Lienert should be more than a match for Cox and Apeness.

Then it's Trengove, and by a long way too. Houston played the worst game of his career against Hawthorn six weeks ago but he's been clearly our most in form half back since.

Or if you're that worried about our lack of run it'd make more sense to bring Lienert rather than Hombsch in for Jonas. Clurey, Howard and Lienert should be more than a match for Cox and Apeness.

It's a small sample size, and against poor opposition, but Trengove had better disposal efficiency, a better kick rating, more inside 50s, more tackles, more marks and has more uncontested possessions per game than Houston, playing a role that he's never really played before. Those numbers mean he's working hard to provide options. I wanna see what he can do and let him grow into the role - and there's no harm in giving Houston a rest for 'general soreness'. It probably won't happen though - it's just wishful thinking.

I want Lienert playing half back in the Hartlett role. I think he'd be great at it, and I think like Lindsay Thomas he'll add a completely different dimension to the side with his long kicking. Too many times we were forced to head down the line against St Kilda or switch back through defensive 50 to get to the other side when someone with a decent leg could have got the ball to the other side of the ground where we had free players. I wouldn't be bringing him in to replace Jonas, but to keep him as a permanent fixture of the best 22 if he's capable of performing to the level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes vs Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back