Opinion Changes vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

The Magpies playing on ANZAC day places ridiculous limitations on our selections for the NM game. How on earth are we supposed to approach that?
That’s why Jasper will play two more games with the Magpies before he will be considered for the A’s. Perhaps playing Houston will be the chance for him to get back his mojo.
If Marshall & Rockliff are available, then I reckon there will only be 1 change, Neade for Amon.
If Todd & Tom don’t get up for selection then I would select Billy for Todd and Jack Trengove for Rocky.
And I guess you could always argue for Thomas, Hombsch and Atley to have a place in the 22.

The Magpies playing on ANZAC day places ridiculous limitations on our selections for the NM game. How on earth are we supposed to approach that?

There are two mid-week games for the Magpies. That's just the first one.

Unless McKenzie is used for what he has, a big foot, I don't see him getting many more chances. He was pretty much the passenger against Essendon but a couple of handballs to him in space would have cut them wide open. As a defender alone he is well down the list of what we have available and selecting him and then ignoring his long kicking doesn't help us at all. Hombsch has regained his form and he is the one who should be coming in. He makes the backline a bit taller which would be required in containing Esava Ratugolea(197cm) and Tom Hawkins(198cm). Although height isn't everything, Jonas at 188 often has the wood over taller opponents, it reduces the number of 2-up defenders leaving 1 forward free on the ground. The best option would be to be able to move Dougal back but I've consigned myself to accepting this won't happen.

Cleverbot was no help at all
8JcN67U.png

Get them in: Midfield bull Sam Powell-Pepper is set to return from a club-imposed one-game suspension. Defender Jasper Pittard had 28 possessions in the SANFL in his first game back from a hamstring injury.

Under the pump: Tom Rockliff's slow start to life at the Power continued, averaging 12 possessions through four games. One of Riley Bonner, Dan Houston or Trent McKenzie might have to make room for Pittard.

Medical room: Rockliff had calf tightness in the loss to Essendon. The six-day break after playing at Etihad, coupled with his poor form, might be reason to give him a rest. Forward Todd Marshall needs to pass concussion tests this week.

Verdict: The Power are 3-1 so won't be making mass changes. Likely to be first in, first out. Powell-Pepper for Karl Amon, and Pittard for McKenzie. - Lee Gaskin

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-04-17/in-the-mix-round-five

Couldn't see Jonas, Clurey, McKenzie and Hombsch all playing in the same side as they all play a similar role. Especially if Howard and Westhoff are in the team as well.
Howard in ruck, did well last week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm all for Neade playing. Performing well at SANFL level and we do need some forward pressure. As long as it's not for an expense of a tall.

I just can’t see Neade making it as an AFL forward. Personally I think his best work is done in the centre of the ground where he has space.

Yeah his always in good form at the Maggies, when in the last two years has it meant anything for the Power???
He's better as a forward flanker than a KPF. Also the whole forward pressure thing might be a bigfooty meme around these parts, but we legitimately need some pressure around the ball because the last 2 weeks, with the exception of Robbie Gray, have been the most gutless performances I've seen in a while.

Last edited:
Can someone tell me what Hinkley sees in Amon? He's soft, has poor awareness, isn't as quick as people seem to think, doesn't work hard enough and is just a nothing player.

His left foot is literally the only thing he has going for him.

I wouldn't have him anywhere near our squad.

If Hinkley insists on using Howard as a ruck, Hombsch needs to come in to provide defensive cover. Clurey and Houston have looked shaky all season and one needs to go out.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

Amon had the fastest average speed on both offense and defense on the weekend. Questioning his speed and work rate either means you're seeing it wrong or you just don't like him.

Neade has a proven ability to perform when it counts, particularly in September. If he’s selected, hopefully he’ll be able to impact and not spend the game running around like a headless chook.

Thomas in for sure ...playing good enough for me...will cause headaches for Geelong defenders..looks like he wants to go out and kick goals again ....

We have to quicken our midfield. Ebert, Wines, Fatcliff, Robbie as our main mids is just far too slow. Then our change up is chucking Boak in there.... Im not sure thats the answer.. I previously suggested Motlop and Wingard running through but we are just far too slow. What's the point winning it at the contest if you have no one that can break the lines out the pack? Is Atley quick? Seems to be mixed opinions on that... maybe run Barry on ball.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Changes vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back