Unofficial Preview Changes vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

So you're saying Atkins is better defensively than Gibbs???
In the sense of team defence, certainly.

One on one probably not, but actually running defensively he is certainly better. In the games I've seen Gibbs barely gets past a walk defensively, and the fact he's been dropped 2x this year for it shows.

I'd also hedge a bet Atkins has the better GPS numbers to back in his workrate

Gibbs ain't slow. They are floundering in coming up with a reason to drop him.

In the context of the rumour I have heard this is a desired outcome from an outside party.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Are you able to explain this ?

Sounds like they think the trio of MCrouch, Greenwood and CEY wont work especially against GWS. I have had these thoughts as well it makes our midfield very one paced.

But then I would.play Thor up forward in this case. But I case it then takes away a midfield resting spot up forward.

I can kind of understand this decision.

The reasoning for Gibbs is a joke. This is exactly the game to play him. He is capable of shutting a mid down and can go forward and kick a goal.

Dropping him for this home game confirms the rumour I have been told which up till this week I though was BS.

2019 AFC win/loss record

With Greenwood:
5 wins, 2 losses

Without Greenwood:
1 win, 3 losses

With all 3 of M Crouch, CEY and Greenwood in the side:
4 wins, 0 losses

With 1 or more of those 3 missing from the side:
2 wins, 5 losses

Yep, too top heavy with all 3 of them, how could we even consider such a thing. 🙄

Silly comment. They won 4 flags and hardly ever went to the draft during that period. Of course they were going to fall off a cliff. The fact Clarko has got them contending for the 8 this year and They were a top 4 team last year proves his brilliance. Don't hear their supporters complaining either. They are still basking in their 4 flags.

Hawthorn more so Geelong, as Elite Crow will point out had a gifted draft run, where elite calls adelaides missing of picks destroyed us, hawthorn got gifted them and geelong with their F/S were even more kissed on the D.

Don't compare yourself to a team that is afforded picks we could only dream and simply cant be compared

Gibbs ain't slow. They are floundering in coming up with a reason to drop him.

In the context of the rumour I have heard this is a desired outcome from an outside party.

Come on: from the number of times you are repeating this, you are just dying to tell us! Is it more than the Modra gambling rumour?
I'm interested to know why he can't play home games: have the bikies promised to take him out if he does?

Come on: from the number of times you are repeating this, you are just dying to tell us! Is it more than the Modra gambling rumour?
I'm interested to know why he can't play home games: have the bikies promised to take him out if he does?

Vague quotes after the fact like "this confirms the rumour I was told" shows about the level of inside knowledge he has.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe the bikies are power supporters trying to get their team into the 8? Makes sense. :)

Last edited:

It's not home games. He's missed every second match since the Geelong game so he's played home games against Gold Coast and Fremantle

So as expected Greenwood isn't rested, but dropped for ******* Douglas
Do you think Hart is telling the truth ??

The decision is odd, but Greenwood has been our least effective inside mid.

So as expected Greenwood isn't rested, but dropped for ******* Douglas
But we've all commented how slow our midfield is .....and PS with the new 6 rules, it was commented that quick midfields would be a focus of clubs in 2019

We've basically not addressed it .....will be OK once Ned and Jones come thru and Milera is a FT mid

Constantly getting caught HTB in critical moments and dropping clutch marks is outside run now.
Led our metres gained and score involvements on the weekend, so that would have been enough to keep him in.

Fails the eye test almost every week though.

Do you think Hart is telling the truth ??

The decision is odd, but Greenwood has been our least effective inside mid.
He was great in his first couple of comeback games ......winning last week wall papered big cracks in our structure .....the club saw it that way as well & had to address the failures of last week

He was great in his first couple of comeback games ......winning last week wall papered big cracks in our structure .....the club saw it that way as well & had to address the failures of last week
He was as bigger part of being down by as much as we were as he was getting back into it.

Led our metres gained and score involvements on the weekend, so that would have been enough to keep him in.

Fails the eye test almost every week though.
Exactly this. Well not quite exactly, the other important one is he was #3 for pressure acts as well.

So yes, whilst he fails the eye test...miserably so, it’s clear he’s doing enough other stuff to get him across the line.

Interesting his name came up in Hart’s presser, I suspect some stern words issued after the game

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview Changes vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back