Changes vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Martin back on the last line....sigh.
They could name Mick Doughty at CHF next week, and it still wouldn't be relevant. Martin would likely start on the interchange but they can't put Brown on the field in case they chop him. I think the club has learnt that Martin belongs on a wing.

I'd forgotten your anoying like-for-like blinkers.

Players can play more than one position. And teams can play with more than one structure.

And what do you mean space for two more? We can make more changes if we want.

Some players can play more than one position. Others can't. None of our current key defenders are forwards, and Otten is not a forward. For Otten to come in would require one of Talia, Rutten or Shaw to be rested, or for Otten to done enough to earn a spot in the midfield. If Tippett goes out, we must bring in a replacement tall forward - Jenkins can't do that on his own - or deliberately run with the makeshift small forward line we were forced into for the Port game.

Making more changes would mean adding to our official list of 5 ins. We can do it, I just don't think we will.

Despite suffering two concussions in two weeks, Tippett will be given every chance to play against the Giants after running laps and kicking goals at the club’s main session on Thursday.... WTF, kicking goals? He's obviously still concussed. Boom boom, that was probably my first and last.

Despite suffering two concussions in two weeks, Tippett will be given every chance to play against the Giants after running laps and kicking goals at the club’s main session on Thursday.... WTF, kicking goals? He's obviously still concussed. Boom boom, that was probably my first and last.
Nice work Crowmagnumman. No need to post anymore. 1 perfect post and you can now rest.

That was nearly three years in the making, but it was worth it. Retire a legend, only to be spoken of when us old timers get together and reminisce!

Always go out on a high.

I really hope to see McIntyre play this week. I'm curious to see what type of goal kicking potential he has against a team like GWS so we can get a good glimpse of whats to come in the future. Plus, I think I'm already a fan.
glad you are because to me he's just a meh player that will probably be delisted at years end

I get really worried about everyones penchant for players we should draft this year all being well below 180cm ...in Kennedy's case 174cm. If we draft say a Kennedy we can't have too many small players taking up space on the list/rookie.

The crunch is if we keep Callinan one more year , i just don't see opportunities for McIntyre?

Jenkins and brown in

Mcintyre vs callinan vs knights?

Lynch vs Otten for Tips spot if he misses?
Reckon Lynch, Brown, Jenkins, Callinan, and Knights to get nod

Out: Tippett, Otten and McIntyre out of selected group.

Tippet surely will be rested and they're just playing mind games
Also will be amazed if that happens and Tippet out that they would pin the forwd hopes on Jenkins/Jacobs in the forwrd line. They would need Lynch as a second tall option up forwrd.

Callinan more options with him than McIntyre and given the inexperience of Lynch, Jenkins and Brown ...think 3 is enough

Has Doughty done enough to come straight back in?

If Brown plays a blinder. McKay, Smith, Martin all do well to.

Is he a walk up start next week?

Has Doughty done enough to come straight back in?

If Brown plays a blinder. McKay, Smith, Martin all do well to.

Is he a walk up start next week?

He fathered a son? What more do you want? ;)

Doughty was never "out", he was staying home for birth of first bub. Although some in here think that "excuse" is fortuitous (ie. they were gonna drop him anyway), I personally don't think he would have been dropped. He is an experienced hand in a very brittle back line. And yes, he does make mistakes - as do many others, but his experience is essential. So for me, he'll be straight back in next week.

Brown would have to put in an absolute blinder.

We will need Dogga against the bigger bodies of the Eagles. We need as much experience in the side for that game we can get. Particularly with Johncock seemingly not playing for the Magpies.

Geoffa - has Johncock been playing with the Magies?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doughty's "neck injury" sounds suspiciously like Johncock's "back injury." When baby Max stuffed up the timing by arriving early the club had to resort to Plan B.

No doubt all players have sore spots... but to me it seems like a tactful way to squeeze an older player out of the team without the ingnominy of having the word "omitted" next to their name.

Sort of like Doughty being dumped out of the leadership group and eased into a newly created tutor/mentor role. Puts a much better spin on it.

Doughty's "neck injury" sounds suspiciously like Johncock's "back injury." When baby Max stuffed up the timing by arriving early the club had to resort to Plan B.

No doubt all players have sore spots... but to me it seems like a tactful way to squeeze an older player out of the team without the ingnominy of having the word "omitted" next to their name.

Sort of like Doughty being dumped out of the leadership group and eased into a newly created tutor/mentor role. Puts a much better spin on it.
I tend to agree. But do think, unless Brown plays exceptionally well, we need his mature body out there against WCE.

You could be right Carl. I'm not sure it's the cleverest thing to do though - like I said, our back line has been brittle all year - lose the experience of both Stiffy and Dogga and we'll bleed goals.

You could be right Carl. I'm not sure it's the cleverest thing to do though - like I said, our back line has been brittle all year - lose the experience of both Stiffy and Dogga and we'll bleed goals.
Initially.

That's the important thing that often gets overlooked and has caused soooo many arguments on here over the years.

We'll initially do worse while the younger players find their fit and the defensive unit gels. Are we prepared to cop that short term difficulty for longer term improvement? Given that we're top four at the moment taking that sort of risk becomes even harder.

Initially.

That's the important thing that often gets overlooked and has caused soooo many arguments on here over the years.

We'll initially do worse while the younger players find their fit and the defensive unit gels. Are we prepared to cop that short term difficulty for longer term improvement? Given that we're top four at the moment taking that sort of risk becomes even harder.

Maybe that's why we're introducing them one at a time? First Talia, then Shaw, now Brown?

It's a bad idea to introduce them all at once but to do them over the course of a season or two is probably the most efficient way to blood new defenders.

Initially.

I agree Carl, getting the mix right has been one of the major hurdles of all AFL clubs.

the problem is that fans aren't willing to accept a speed but, but appear to accept a complete rebuild.

rebuilds would be required if some decent player development was allowed.

Initially.

If the young players you are investing games into are up to chop... Primus invested games into kids last year... How are Stewart, Pittard, Moore, Oshea and Jacobs going now they have those games under their belts. Playing kids does not ensure improvement

Initially.

I think we should be. Our smallest defenders are our biggest weakness, and if we continue with the same back six week in week out, the loss of Doughty to injury would mean we're f*****, because to be honest I think Johncock is done in this position. Getting games into Shaw/Brown/Laird should be right behind getting games into Jenkins/McKernan on the priority list.

glad you are because to me he's just a meh player that will probably be delisted at years end

I get really worried about everyones penchant for players we should draft this year all being well below 180cm ...in Kennedy's case 174cm. If we draft say a Kennedy we can't have too many small players taking up space on the list/rookie.

The crunch is if we keep Callinan one more year , i just don't see opportunities for McIntyre?

Fair point. Callinan just oozes out good week in week out so yes, there won't be too many opportunities for McIntyre. However, providing that McIntyre doesn't mind the sidelines, he would be a great back up to have should one or more of our small forwards get injured again :D

He did play an average game but I get the notion that if McIntyre has a good game he'll kick a lot of goals. At this point in time I'm just curious to see if that's how it'll turn out.

Fair point. Callinan just oozes out good week in week out so yes, there won't be too many opportunities for McIntyre. However, providing that McIntyre doesn't mind the sidelines, he would be a great back up to have should one or more of our small forwards get injured again :D

He did play an average game but I get the notion that if McIntyre has a good game he'll kick a lot of goals. At this point in time I'm just curious to see if that's how it'll turn out.
I liked McIntyre's effort. laid a few good tackles, first quarter was great. He just found himself in the wrong spots too often after 1/4 time. I'd like to see him have another crack to get the hang of it...

You've forgotten what it's like to have no oranges.

Having an abundance of players capable of first 22 duties is what you strive for as a club. That's what wins finals - you can't rely on having your first choice 22 available every September if you're going to have sustainable success.

Eleven wins and people are already getting excited at perceived lack of spots. Relax, amigos. McIntyre's time will come with or without Callinan - and sooner than you might think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back