Changes vs Lions Round 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Think Simmo said that he is trying Le Cras in a different role this year which may explain why the goals have dried up. Whatever it is not sure its working!! Prefer to leave Le Cras to kick goals as because of his change of role think Le Cras seems to have lost a bit of confidence should he get the opportunity to kick for goal. His natural kicking style when he was dead-eyed dick seems to have escaped him. Never thought I would see it happen.

Another thing re Le Cras playing in the midfield in my opinion doesn't have the body for it. Saw him get wrapped up like a doll by one of the Adelaide players. I always say why rob Peter to play Paul when Peter is going ok!!

Oh and for those gloom and doom merchants - piss off to Purple Haze boards and change your profile. We have to be better than that.
Don't think we are being all doom and gloom as you say - we are just playing the role of coach/selector. Not that it makes any difference - they will make the necessary decisions required (we hope!).

411476-mark-le-cras.jpg

Giles has kicked 14 goals in the WAFL and McInnes only 6 so for actual scoreboard impact Giles may be better. McInnes has a lot more marks and disposals though.
If you watched him play for gws he is a very good forward

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

So if Simpson was the coach of Collingwood, would he still be selecting Travis. He is/was/used to be elite!

We need to start driving this car using the front window and not the rear vision mirror. All you get from the rear vision mirror is where you have come from and not where you are going.

So if Simpson was the coach of Collingwood, would he still be selecting Travis. He is/was/used to be elite!

We need to start driving this car using the front window and not the rear vision mirror. All you get from the rear vision mirror is where you have come from and not where you are going.
Personally think they aren't using Le Cras correctly. Also send Hill back to where he plays best, although has been playing well in the backline, but we need somebody to kick goals if Kennedy is being well held. At the moment not getting enough goals out of the non KPF players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and Giles wouldnt?
He would also, but would perform better as a ruckman.

Also I feel that Giles is used to playing the resting ruckman role in the forward line as opposed to McInness who is more of a leading CHF (like Darling and Kennedy).

I haven't seen much of either player in a long time though so who knows

I guess with Mcinnes in we can have a proper CHF and good key option for when JK likes to roam further up the ground. I wonder if we also could use Darling on the wing?
Or we could simply replace NN with Lycett, Giles goes into Lycett's former role, and leave Darling and JK as is

Or we could simply replace NN with Lycett, Giles goes into Lycett's former role, and leave Darling and JK as is

That'd be my preference. Giles has shown at WAFL level he can provide a target and kick goals, and can at least compete in the ruck. The major thing we'll lose is Lycett's ability to provide forward pressure which is exceptional for a big man, but I don't think McInnes would be any better in that area.

As somebody else said we have tried playing 3 ruckman before & it didn't work as it makes the team too top heavy. It's not extra tall timber that we require in the team but a more mobile midfield, and also a talented forward pocket player.

Personally don't think Sinclair would have stuck around - would have left to have got more opportunity (ala Rosa).

And as I said just because his player bio says ruckman/forward does mean playing him means we're playing 3 ruckman. He was capable of playing forward permanently. Why on earth would Sinclair contest a centre bounce in the same team as Nic and Lycett? What is the difference between Sinclair playing as a forward where we lack hight and Gov going down there? And as I pointed out, we are player taller this year because McKenzie came back into the side. You're basically saying we shouldnt play a bloke who's 200cm up forward where he can draw a defender away from Kennedy but it's fine to play a 3rd tall defender at 196cm down back where he's not required and kills our ability to run the ball out. McKenzie was going to play on Eddie Betts on the weekend, its crazy. So the ''he'd make us too tall" argument is not factual. Was Worsfold playing 3 ruckman in the same time we we had Lynch, Cox, NicNat or Seaby together. The Q was technically a ruckman/forward. [and a better small ruckman that he was ever a forward]

We don't lack midfielders the problem is players spend more time on the ground this year and the midfielders we have who are only averagely talented can't find the ball because there is less opportunity to rotate them onto the ball like in the past, they are just clogging up the half forward and half back flanks. Masten is a classic example of this, in the past in the side because of elite fitness and ability to rotate onto the ball while better mids take a spell. If Priddis, Shuey, Gaff all spend more time on the ground and we are playing all the same 2nd tier mids at the same time and they are all on the ground together its a disaster. That more than anything is the difference between 2015 and 2016. The problem is that the AFL decided it wanted to slow the game down so the elite players spent more time on the ground. This hurts us more than anyone because we don't have elite mids, so the collection of b grade talent we amassed who worked together collectively in a high intensity, high rotation team defence/web is breaking down and we're being found out losing 1 on 1's against better quality opposition.

As to Sinclair not wanting to stick around, the guy was a broken man in every interview I saw over trade period. Was basically forced out and that was plain to see.

Not surprising, he always speaks highly of Lecca and has said many times he is one of a few elite players in this side. I think he is correct but his form is rubbish and deserves to be dropped.
Simmo has indeed been all talk this year...

Should be:
OUT: NN, Lecras, Ellis, Schoey, Redden
IN: McInness, Butler, Nelson, EMac, Cole

Simmo to also get a big cup of Harden TFU.

I guess with Mcinnes in we can have a proper CHF and good key option for when JK likes to roam further up the ground. I wonder if we also could use Darling on the wing?
Someone put up how many goals giles and McInnes have so far this year in the wafl.giles kicks more goals

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes vs Lions Round 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Back