List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
No interest in Guelfi

Turns 27 this year and hasn’t managed to cement a spot at Essendon after 7 years on their list

Rather persist with Petch whilst Long, Rawlinson, Brockman and Dewar develop plus Champion in this years draft with any luck

Also I’m assuming the pick 39 proposed trade is supposed to be our R3 pick which we don’t have as we traded it to Richmond. Pick 39 is also more than we traded for Brockman

Sheldrick can't get a game in a swans midfield missing Mills, Parker and Adams
Word on the swans board is he is a beast on the inside but offers nothing outside of the contest .
Longmire wants him to develop other parts of his game like running patterns / 2 way running .
So in summary he is a liability when the ball is in motion or as we like to call it on this board priddis syndrome

Word on the swans board is he is a beast on the inside but offers nothing outside of the contest .
Longmire wants him to develop other parts of his game like running patterns / 2 way running .
So in summary he is a liability when the ball is in motion or as we like to call it on this board priddis syndrome
Ginby mark 2??

I sincerely hope we aren’t seriously considering trading for any 27yo at our stage of a list build… 26+ should be via free agency only IMO.

Sheldrick chat on Swans board is a bit harsh, both him and Warner OOC end of next year, I’d be keen to go to the Swans with an initial offer of F1 and R2 for both of them depending on Sheldrick’s output.

So 10 of the top 30 are likely to be off the table? And then there will be compo picks and perhaps a priority pick. So 1st pick on Night 2 is likely to be in the 30s again.
Admittedly the top 30 will change dramatically by November but what a farce the draft has become.
No it's not a farce, according to the AFL/Nth Melb lady it's.... complicated!

I sincerely hope we aren’t seriously considering trading for any 27yo at our stage of a list build… 26+ should be via free agency only IMO.
👍
Sheldrick chat on Swans board is a bit harsh, both him and Warner OOC end of next year, I’d be keen to go to the Swans with an initial offer of F1 and R2 for both of them depending on Sheldrick’s output.
😳 👎

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wat
Just watching Sydney tonight I hope the Dorkers waste a couple of their high draft picks on Logan MacDonald . He’s a spud!!
Watch Freo end up offering their 2 highest 1st round picks for him for Sydney to offer the lowest of them to the Doggies for JUH.

It would be so Sydney to swap MacDonald for Ugle Hagen and end up with a high end 1st round pick for the privilege.

Sheldrick is gettable and probably could come cheap.

Warner.....Sydney will play hardball, its better to wait until he if RFA/UFA.

Sheldrick is gettable and probably could come cheap.

Warner.....Sydney will play hardball, its better to wait until he if RFA/UFA.
Agreed. We have an excellent trading relationship with Sydney and if we have the PSD threat it will be an interesting watch. If Warner wants to sign a two year deal through to FA with Sydney then that’s my preference too but if he’s looking for a 6-8 year contract then it would be now or never.

If Warner keeps playing how he did last night then he's worth a top ten pick plus a late R1

If Warner keeps playing how he did last night then he's worth a top ten pick plus a late R1
He was dead average for the first three quarters. As a comparison Sydney traded out Jordan Dawson after his sixth season with them for a future first tied to the (then) raining premier, don't see Warner being more valuable than him.

Watching Chad Warner in the last quarter last night, he was the difference when game was on the line.

Still irks me that we gave up so much for Kelly, just needed to keep that pick 38 which is exactly where Warner went. Although I'm not confident we would've taken him there.

Would love to get him on our list, tough, good ball use, runner, defensive pressure.

He is IMO the only top shelf player we should trade for in the next two seasons who realisticly may be interested.

He was dead average for the first three quarters. As a comparison Sydney traded out Jordan Dawson after his sixth season with them for a future first tied to the (then) raining premier, don't see Warner being more valuable than him.

The power of the PSD in play there.

Plain to see.

And so many posters still feel the PSD is a hollow threat that never happens. It rarely happens because clubs do take the threat seriously and accept unders.

Wow. Interesting.

Well hopefully he has that part of his game sorted just as we pick him up cheap.;):thumbsu::rainbow:

Dawson hadn’t shown anywhere near as much (albeit without the opportunity) at Sydney, as he has at Adelaide. And he was returning home for family reasons (pretty sure he had a sick parent).

Ahhhh what a lovely day.

Just looked at the Brisbane game review thread. Key take outs.

No Coleman no Ashcroft no flag.

Fagan doesnt have it.

Why do we keep picking the same old players who let us down.

We have wasted our window which will start closing in 1 to 2 years (my personal favourite so far)

Oh and Starcevich will make a good VFL player one day.......

And we dont get to play this weekend. Lol.

This Round Zero is starting to grow on me as a concept.;):cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back