List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Liam Baker is a mongrel.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
At the right price 100%.

We can turnover the bottom 6 of our best 23 easy.

Baker+English+Hewett+Sid*+Tragvalia*+Carroll/Garcia/Dev/Sheldrick

Would make a huge difference and almost all of those help with spread and run and carry which we are horrible at.

Still not sure how Hutchinson has played pretty much every game for us since being draft from semi professional gig. Especially with our current team structure.

Bailey was 100% fine tonight, did better than he should have against 2 much better ruckmen.

Hes done enough to earn his spot even with Flynn looking ready to go

No way could you let him ruck against Witt’s against after the match earlier in the year

No way could you let him ruck against Witt’s against after the match earlier in the year

True actually Witts and Moyle is another beast. Need Flynn for that.

Itd be rough to drop Bailey after playing well tonight though, and dont like the idea of playing 2 rucks

Surely we have the cap flexibility to pay Darling out, he shouldn't be on the list next year.

If he is, it's exclusively as a Beagle.

Archer will be pushing for some games next year hopefully, and Livingstone. There's no place for him on the list.

I actually would keep him on the list and just play him in the WAFL, he’d help Archer so much there.

Definitely would not ever play him in an AFL game again barring injuries though.

Do we give Culley a mulligan this year since he was coming back from an ACL and give him a chance to improve with a full preseason

Or do we rip the bandaid off to make the call that his pace won’t improve and that he hasn’t got enough other attributes to make up for that weakness

It’s borderline

Do we give Culley a mulligan this year since he was coming back from an ACL and give him a chance to improve with a full preseason

Or do we rip the bandaid off to make the call that his pace won’t improve and that he hasn’t got enough other attributes to make up for that weakness

It’s borderline
i feel guilty thinking this, but i think we need to be more ruthless. i dont think he is quite afl level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just cant see us going early on darling. a club legend in his own right, would be very unlike eagles.

i think we need to cut deep.
id get rid of all;

gaff
witho
culley
JJ
baker
rotham
ledwards
rawlinson (may be harsh)
trew

i can see arguments for burgiel also, but i'd back in his upside for at least one more year.
We have sort of done it before. Priddis triggered an extension and we pushed him out the door anyway

We have sort of done it before. Priddis triggered an extension and we pushed him out the door anyway
pridda played ball tho. darling is just a month or two removed from saying he wants to play for 5 more years.
i feel like it would be an ugly situation if we pushed him.

It’s borderline
The expected changes to list composition mean we can keep him as a cat A rookie for an extra two years which may be his saving grace. If we had to either transfer him to the main list or delist him I think he’d go.

I’d be happy retaining Maric, Culley and Hutch as Cat A Rookies. Rawlinson I’d delist with the hope of taking Clancy Dennis in the rookie draft or best available if he goes in the national draft.

The conversation has to be had with both Darling and Sheed that they’ll be predominantly WAFL players in 2025 and will only play to cover injuries

Let them make the decision if that’s how they want to end their AFL career or they’d prefer a negotiated payout

Sheed seems the more likely to hang up the boots since he’s having to manage that foot injury which must be painful. Darling meanwhile, is closing in on 300 games and is healthier body wise

Jamieson might well be done for the year with his knee so he might be another candidate for an early payout since he’s really struggled to stay on the park in any meaningful sense

Keep Darling as depth next year and a mentor to the young forwards in the WAFL.

Nurse him along and a farewell game next season in his 300th at home

Do not post like this. Call him a campaigner if you must, do not throw cancer around as a stick to beat average players with.
I said last week out of frustration Bailey Williams is cancer and should be delisted asap.

After reviewing bailey Williams game this week where he did better. I think bailey Williams is cancer and should be delisted asap.

No more trading bailey w. Just straight delisted get him out asap by any means

If we sign a FA like English, do we really want to pay out all of sheed, jammo, darling etc?

They have little to no place on our list moving forward, but we shouldn’t be wasteful with our salary cap unnecessarily. I guess it depends on how many acceptable picks we end up with and what we do with the witherden, culley types.

I reckon any pick under 50, maybe even 60 in this draft has more value to us than the aforementioned players.

Bad year to have traded our third.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back