List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mentioned on the trade board that we might make a play for Curtin at the end of the year. Why would his value actually be? Involve our F1 I guess? Barrass pick plus ??
Seen on twitter Crows fans think straight swaps Curtin for this years pick for Draper (had their chance) or our F1 for Sharpe.

Draper or FOS suit what we need so can’t see that happening. I wouldn’t want to do our F1 for Curtin either

Seen on twitter Crows fans think straight swaps Curtin for this years pick for Draper (had their chance) or our F1 for Sharpe.

Draper or FOS suit what we need so can’t see that happening. I wouldn’t want to do our F1 for Curtin either
As you said Draper and FOS genuine mids we need vs a CHB who wants to play midfield and is rumoured to be homesick?

Curtin was pick what 9 or 10? and a year after playing little AFL they want a straight swap for a pick 2/3 for a genuine midfielder we badly need?

Or they want what is very likely to be a pick 1 or 2 for the same guy?

They can gagf they’ll be the ones needing to sweeten the deal significantly.

As you said Draper and FOS genuine mids we need vs a CHB who wants to play midfield and is rumoured to be homesick?

Curtin was pick what 9 or 10? and a year after playing little AFL they want a straight swap for a pick 2/3 for a genuine midfielder we badly need?

Or they want what is very likely to be a pick 1 or 2 for the same guy?

They can gagf they’ll be the ones needing to sweeten the deal significantly.
Curtin's a midfielder, not a CHB.

It will be interesting to see if the club decide to get English (27) and Baker (27) both and if they do it absolutely makes no sense to get rid of TB, getting English and Baker would mean you are trying to make the team better in the short term and in that case you would want to hold on to your half decent players. If we had a trade request from Busslinger or Curtin it would make more sense but not now.

I would much rather hold onto Tom and see if we can get a 2nd rounder or early 3rd for guys like Sheed, Petrucelle or Williams. It would be much easier to trade your way up to a first rounder if we have 3-4 2nd rounders or at worst use those 2nd rounders in a draft with depth. That also allows you to pick the best player with Pick 1 or 2 rather than splitting it.

It will be interesting to see if the club decide to get English (27) and Baker (27) both and if they do it absolutely makes no sense to get rid of TB, getting English and Baker would mean you are trying to make the team better in the short term and in that case you would want to hold on to your half decent players. If we had a trade request from Busslinger or Curtin it would make more sense but not now.

I would much rather hold onto Tom and see if we can get a 2nd rounder or early 3rd for guys like Sheed, Petrucelle or Williams. It would be much easier to trade your way up to a first rounder if we have 3-4 2nd rounders or at worst use those 2nd rounders in a draft with depth. That also allows you to pick the best player with Pick 1 or 2 rather than splitting it.
Disagree

English is free and Baker costs a lot less than Barrass does. Baker will be gotten for unders and Barrass will get us overs to get him as he is contracted

And to those who’ll strongly disagree with this, ask yourself would you really prefer to see Carlton or Essendon or Geelong win the flag - or the Dockers? A Vic team with all their advantages or a similarly disadvantaged WA team?
I would rather any team in the entire world win a flag before that bunch of purple campaigners

Surely we have the cap flexibility to pay Darling out, he shouldn't be on the list next year.

If he is, it's exclusively as a Beagle.

Archer will be pushing for some games next year hopefully, and Livingstone. There's no place for him on the list.

Caleb Serong wants me to pick up Sid Draper with our first now.
They have a similar style of play watching Sid play Sanfl league games

Surely we have the cap flexibility to pay Darling out, he shouldn't be on the list next year.

Archer will be pushing for some games next year hopefully, and Livingstone. There's no place for him on the list.

Darling is a must delist pay out his contract

Hes hardly at the top of the delist pile lmao

Can only delist so many each year

Hes hardly at the top of the delist pile lmao

Can only delist so many each year
Sorry for me Darling is top of the list to delist
He takes spots where we would better of playing younger players and getting development into them
This years draft is so deep we need to take advantage of it

He takes spots where we would better of playing younger players and getting development into them
Developed- that's the band boy word on here. There isn't a kid that can contest as he does. Reality is we didn't have a dominating tall at either end. Some good and promising efforts at times but none bookending the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darling
Rotham
L Edwards
Petruccelle
Cripps (50/50)

From tonight's team - I would be happy saying goodbye to next year.

In addition:

Gaff
Sheed
Witherden
Jones

9 names there I would be happy to lose coming into the 2025 season.
Out of all those names only Putruccelle may get something okish in return - maybe a pick around 40? Do it if offered

We dont have that many picks :tearsofjoy:

We have an easy few: Gaff, LEdwards, JJ, Rotham, Witherden, Culley and then the ones who any sane person would pay out first in Sheed and jamo

Thats 7 list spots and 1 rookie spot without even thinking

Darling is safer than any of those blokes

Yeah Billiams should be traded for a pick around 40 as well
I thought he battled very well against two strong rucks tonight, but most people seem to be tearing him to shreds in the match thread so not sure if I am completely wrong haha.

I thought he battled very well against two strong rucks tonight, but most people seem to be tearing him to shreds in the match thread so not sure if I am completely wrong haha.
Bailey was 100% fine tonight, did better than he should have against 2 much better ruckmen.

Hes done enough to earn his spot even with Flynn looking ready to go

Caleb Serong wants me to pick up Sid Draper with our first now.
They have a similar style of play watching Sid play Sanfl league games
Sid would certainly give us an injection of speed and agility which we badly lack through our midfield. Very competitive too which is always a massive tick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back