List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Gee it would have been great to have manipulated the draft or been given a PP after our first pick last year to get McKercher as well as Reid. That would have been some combo going forward.

And why is WC so into Baker?
He'll be 27 before next season starts.. so won't be around for our next window.
Relies on pace as #1 asset. And will be 27 next year (Did I mention that?).
Richmond are selling at peak. We'd be buying a reducing value asset at above fair value.
If we gave him 5 years we might get a couple of good years out of him before the inevitable slowdown that would turn him into just another former sprinter who can now only jog. And we'd be stuck with him on the list and paying him huge dollarbucks.

So in summary...
we'd be overpaying and giving an excessive contract for a slowing, solid AFL player who won't be around for our next push and who'd take a B22 spot from a young guy who would benefit from getting games. And then there's the salary he'd demand.

No thanks. Big PASS.

We desperately...DESPERATELY need a player who can go to contest to contest and get their hands on the pill. Far too many times this year am I seeing McGovern or Barrass at the top of our disposal list. McGovern had 25 today, next best was Kelly with 19. McKercher 37, Sheezel 30, hell even their ruckman had 30.

Draper, Jagga or O’Sullivan are a must, they have the best blend of attributes on the inside and outside that we need and are both solid two way runners.

I'd love Artemis, hopefully we're into him big time.
But I think you're wrong on Champion, needs time but will be a very good small fwd.
hopefully I'm wrong about Champion, he definitely has some electric about him, it's just his size for me... I think he's just too small and would be just held out of the play to often.

Good thing is this have isn't round 24 because it is reducing the value for a few players and we don't want that to be the last memory before trade.

Bad news is round 24 is in Geelong.
Rest Ryan, Barrass, Darling ... play Brockman, H Edwards , A Reid ..... problem solved :)

Kayle Gerreyn : 23 Disposals, 9 Marks, 19 Hitouts and 3 goals 2.
Aiden Riddle : 21 Disposals, 5 Marks, 21 Hitouts and 3 goals 1

Both 199cm.

Pick 3 : Smillie
Pick 9 : Murphy Reid

Would love Gerreyn as a 2nd Rounder and Riddle as a late/rookie pick.

Kayle Gerreyn : 23 Disposals, 9 Marks, 19 Hitouts and 3 goals 2.
Aiden Riddle : 21 Disposals, 5 Marks, 21 Hitouts and 3 goals 1

Both 199cm.

Pick 3 : Smillie
Pick 9 : Murphy Reid

Would love Gerreyn as a 2nd Rounder and Riddle as a late/rookie pick.
I cannot say anything else but that we need Sid Draper. Instead of trading for Warner we can draft him that is what Draper is he is quick and smooth and that is what we need. If we geeryn we need to probably get rid of another Ruck to stop the logjam.

at least 2 more mids, a bull and a magnet that is a good user of the ball. lalor or smilie (bulls) Draper or O' Sullivan (Magnet ball users)
Yeah. Sheldrick & Sid Draper I think will be very nice fits and are all nice link players. Garcia if not signed fits the bill a bit too and a very good tackler.

Go get a couple of defensive bull mids for cheap money ball buys. Like Davies, Graham, Dev ect. Either free or very cheap.

We really could easily turnover out list and improve the bottom 8 of our best 23.

If we can get the ball into our talls enough we will be in a lot of games.

I cannot say anything else but that we need Sid Draper. Instead of trading for Warner we can draft him that is what Draper is he is quick and smooth and that is what we need. If we geeryn we need to probably get rid of another Ruck to stop the logjam.
Warner is a gun but we would have to pay too much for him...Draper or O'Sullivan or even a Murphy Reid would be perfect additions to the list.

hopefully I'm wrong about Champion, he definitely has some electric about him, it's just his size for me... I think he's just too small and would be just held out of the play to often.
I used to play against his dad and he was small/slight as well. Normally the smallest guy on the field both in height and weight.

Also played FP and was slippery AF. Rarely got caught with the ball and kicked a ton of goals.

I guessing that with the same genetics, Malakai is going to have a hard time to put on any weight. Obviously being in a professional environment it will help him greatly but he's going to be a whippet amongst men.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rather than 2 meter Peter we should be asking for Nick Bryan and could also send Bailey Williams as they will want back up for Sam Draper.
We get Nick Bryan and a pick and Bombers get Ryan and B Williams.
Thoughts ?
I like it. Dont think we get it done though, especially if the Dons are wanting to dump Wright. Theyll just play Draper and Cox as a duo next year

Rather than 2 meter Peter we should be asking for Nick Bryan and could also send Bailey Williams as they will want back up for Sam Draper.
We get Nick Bryan and a pick and Bombers get Ryan and B Williams.
Thoughts ?
I wouldn’t swap Nick Bryan for Liam and BWill but he would be someone who could fill a role for us although it’s basically another Flynn recruitment. I’d swap Liam and our 2R (23) for Bryan and Dons 1R (9).

Doesn’t matter so much in the draft because there is 3 of players who suit what we need. I do prefer Draper.

I do think the Roos and Crows might trade.
2- Draper (Crows)
4- Trainor (Roos)

I think we have to hope the Crows have to spilt for Lukosius so Draper falls to us.

Doesn’t matter so much in the draft because there is 3 of players who suit what we need. I do prefer Draper.

I do think the Roos and Crows might trade.
2- Draper (Crows)
4- Trainor (Roos)

I think we have to hope the Crows have to spilt for Lukosius so Draper falls to us.
The talk was that the Crows 1st was for sale for players, Lukosius seems to be the guy. GC might accept the crows F1 though

The talk was that the Crows 1st was for sale for players, Lukosius seems to be the guy. GC might accept the crows F1 though
Surely the push for this years, that will get them in front of LL.

Crows get the one to the Suns picks back

They can cash out some of their other picks for picks next year for the two academy kids

Tyson Stengle was pretty much the same size, weight when drafted.
Seems to be going ok in seniors for Subi against bigger bodies, 7 goals in 3 weeks.

Champion will take time, maybe even three years.

I had the displeasure of Watching Scott Jones tear up the Beagles rucks including Flynn. Flynn had some moments but Jones was effectively one man against 3.

This is the same Scott Jones that got torn a new arseh*le by a 207cm Max Knobel (he is 207cm, I was there when they did the marker in socks in the change rooms) who is 2 preseasons away from being AFL ready and a future star.
When did knobel play Jones this year ?

Looks like knobel has played only 2 league games for peel this year and mostly played reserves all season .

Any 207cm player is going to dominate reserves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back