List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:

I had the displeasure of Watching Scott Jones tear up the Beagles rucks including Flynn. Flynn had some moments but Jones was effectively one man against 3.

This is the same Scott Jones that got torn a new arseh*le by a 207cm Max Knobel (he is 207cm, I was there when they did the marker in socks in the change rooms) who is 2 preseasons away from being AFL ready and a future star.

In the other game today the Giants rucked Lachie Keefe and lost the hitouts 48 to 32

Just an observation
Its not the hitouts only thats the issue. Just physically moving the ball in the direction the ruck wants amd having more of those clear hitout wins too.

I guess we can hope Flynn comes back fitter and better after a good pre season without injury

Its not the hitouts only thats the issue. Just physically moving the ball in the direction the ruck wants amd having more of those clear hitout wins too.

I guess we can hope Flynn comes back fitter and better after a good pre season without injury
Exactly why they tried to get Lycett to come over for one more year.

Xerri is by far the AA ruck. Would be a great to have but English offers us something to but I don’t think that’s happening

I do agree we probably need a better presence in there than Bailey. I just don't believe in forking out a big chunk of cap on a ruck. Even if we need to spend it (given our list) it will come back to bite at some stage

And English is only barely more competitive than Bailey in actual ruckwork.

The top 3 contenders for AA ruck are Xerri, Marshall and Gawn. The teams in 17th, 14th and 12th
Probably Grundy is in there too and they are top. Oscar McInerney is probably 5th who 2nd.

If you can’t watch todays game and say an upgrade in ruck wouldn’t be a huge thing.

I do agree it is debatable if you spend the cash on English or not but if you ask the Doggies fans, his spike in form has gone hand in hand with their great form.

I had the displeasure of Watching Scott Jones tear up the Beagles rucks including Flynn. Flynn had some moments but Jones was effectively one man against 3.

This is the same Scott Jones that got torn a new arseh*le by a 207cm Max Knobel (he is 207cm, I was there when they did the marker in socks in the change rooms) who is 2 preseasons away from being AFL ready and a future star.
Let’s get it done.

Edit: Max Knobel, not the torn arseh*le.

Get it done then mate, get Max in the door.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We just roved we could win without Barrass 2 weeks in a row if we trade him if won’t effect us too much as we have Edwards as well as getting new players In offseason.

We desperately...DESPERATELY need a player who can go to contest to contest and get their hands on the pill. Far too many times this year am I seeing McGovern or Barrass at the top of our disposal list. McGovern had 25 today, next best was Kelly with 19. McKercher 37, Sheezel 30, hell even their ruckman had 30.

Didn’t North get Priority Picks after 3 seasons with 9.5 wins? We currently have 10 wins over a 3 year period.

Surely if the AFL want equality we should be receiving the same package they got as a minimum.

If we were a Vic Team , we would definitely get looked after with Priority picks ..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Priority picks probably off the menu now?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Not for Norf though. 3 wins in 2023 was enough for compo then it's good enough in 2024.

Anyone know how Clancy dennis wafl form has been since his all australian u18 carnival? Pick59 or rookie spot for full back depth/development??

Port and Essendon are the two clubs I’ve heard have a lot of interest in Ryan. Not sure why Essendon with Kako coming on board but they are essentially going to try and swap Wright for Ryan as unlikely as it sounds.
Rather than 2 meter Peter we should be asking for Nick Bryan and could also send Bailey Williams as they will want back up for Sam Draper.
We get Nick Bryan and a pick and Bombers get Ryan and B Williams.
Thoughts ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back