List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Pick 11 or 12 if they lose the first week of finals.

Long odds to win a final IMO. Experience isnt there yet.
Forgetting something?

GatoradeMorango_1920x.jpg

Langford has a shitty ball drop which produces floaters, Smillies only attribute is he's a Greg Clarke height mid. I'd rather take FOS or Murphy Reid than pick a mid with poorer skills purely because he's taller. Zac Butters is 181, Daniel Kerr is 179cm and they're 2 of the hardest small mids I've seen. You've still got to be able to get around the park with some speed.
Totally agree.

Serong. Neale. Cousins. S.mitchel. Wardlaw. Prestia, Zorco, Ashcroft, parish, Merrett, viney, Touk Millar, Coniglio, rowel all 182cm or less.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm of the opinion that there are no rolled gold mid prospects at this stage let alone one to make pick 3.

So essentially I was giving myself the absolute worst case scenario in a pick downgrade. Under my previous pick 3 scenario as say the previous scenario was given and it was Draper and Smith taken before our picks i'd probably draft Smillie.

In the previous worst case scenario my picks would have been Berry and Lindsay. Whilst he's been interviewed talked to by a fair few clubs I have a sneaking suspicion that Langford will perform poorly at the combine. If this happens he could well be a slider.

I guess we'll see what happens.
Not hearing many flattering things about Smillie on the good bloke stakes amongst his peers.!

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Must say, I'm not watching Carlton's mids running rings around ours thinking the pace of Jack Graham is really what we're lacking.

Dyson Sharp, the red hot favourite to be pick 1 in 2025, made his senior SANFL debut yesterday as a 17 year old and had an excellent outing in messy conditions for Central Districts. The physical side of the game just comes so naturally to Dyson and he showed it throughout by consistently out muscling and overpowering men many years his senior. He was pivotal in Central getting back into the game in the third quarter, influencing contests and hitting the scoreboard with a roost from outside 50.

Dyson Sharp, the red hot favourite to be pick 1 in 2025, made his senior SANFL debut yesterday as a 17 year old and had an excellent outing in messy conditions for Central Districts. The physical side of the game just comes so naturally to Dyson and he showed it throughout by consistently out muscling and overpowering men many years his senior. He was pivotal in Central getting back into the game in the third quarter, influencing contests and hitting the scoreboard with a roost from outside 50.

Shhhhh

I want this kid playing with Reid and Draper

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trew done.
Witho done.
Rotham done.
LEdwards done.
Jones done.
Gaff done.
At least two of Burgiel, Culley and Baker done.
Barrass traded.

Easy peasy to get to 9 or 10 list changes without even needing to look at guys who still have contracts.

Think father time has caught up to Cripps, one more season will be painful.

On the 3 for 6 and 20 idea, the big problem with this is we are basically trading down to get baker. As much as I like TT, I think we need a genuine mid..

I'm fine with any of draper, jagga, lalor or fos (I know there is debate on him as a mid, but he has so much upside).

Id much prefer we try and upgrade the brass pick to get TT

I really can't understand why we are chasing baker or graham. Hopefully they don't pick us..

Gaff, Sheed & Cripps retire.

Trade Darling, Barrass, Waterman, Ryan, Barnett, B Williams & Flynn.

It will be a total waste of time to have Archer Reid in the WAFL next season 205cm Tall Fwd.

Start Oscar Allen, Archer Reid and Jack Williams as 3 tall fwds.

We need to bring a ruckman in to pair with Jack Williams. I like the sound of Knobel. Will still have Livingstone in the WAFL

Now is the time. Everyone thinks delisting fringe spuds and replacing with fringe spuds work 🤣. Net as many good draft picks as possible and rebuild this side. Pick Draper at 3 or FOS.

Bring in Bolton and Warner. Use Future picks as well. This is it, it will not get any better than this. This trade period will be the largest in history. Game, Set and Match. There is a lot of Victorian players who could also be used in trades home.

Last edited:
Gaff, Sheed & Cripps retire.

Trade Darling, Barrass, Waterman, Ryan, Barnett, B Williams & Flynn.

It will be a total waste of time to have Archer Reid in the WAFL next season 205cm Tall Fwd.

Start Oscar Allen, Archer Reid and Jack Williams as 3 tall fwds.

We need to bring a ruckman in to pair with Jack Williams. I like the sound of Knobel. Will still have Livingstone in the WAFL

Now is the time. Everyone thinks delisting fringe spuds and replacing with fringe spuds work 🤣. Net as many good draft picks as possible and rebuild this side. Pick Draper at 3 or FOS.

Bring in Bolton and Warner. Use Future picks as well. This is it, it will not get any better than this. This trade period will be the largest in history. Game, Set and Match.
Now does all of this happen before or after every bank on earth shuts down rendering all money, and therefore contracts, void?

Because the last historic event you promised us never quite materialised.

Trew done.
Witho done.
Rotham done.
LEdwards done.
Jones done.
Gaff done.
At least two of Burgiel, Culley and Baker done.
Barrass traded.

Easy peasy to get to 9 or 10 list changes without even needing to look at guys who still have contracts.
As much as I like him, I think Culley may be returning to his old job at the Charcoal Chicken joint.

Now does all of this happen before or after every bank on earth shuts down rendering all money, and therefore contracts, void?

Because the last historic event you promised us never quite materialised.
Perfect. Eyes on Red Sea Internet Cables Sir. 👀👀👀 Basel 3 Rules also 👀👀 ISO20022👀.

Strange things happen Mr HoneyBadger. Timing is key. Tell ya what I'd be surprised if this hasn't happened by September 1 when Russia/BRICS legalises Crypto payments just like Dubai has. 👀

Give ya the heads up. Under GENEVA LAW when a financial system on Earth is changed everything is wiped. Give you a little tidbit to research STELLAR XLM, SOROBAN & SMART CONTRACTS. Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom.

You just been given the best. Now get, go research.

I will bet my life on all of the above happening, the next 3 months of your life will be the wildest. Cutting the Red Sea Cables cuts off the world banking "SWIFT" system then it will be switched over to Elon's Starlink Internet. Brace For Shock Lad. The World As You Know It, Is About To Change Forever. I describe it like cutting down a tree at the base, every branch must fall. A lot of changes...

The ENTIRE PLANET will know.

Last edited:
Shouldn't you be out shaking trees and rattling cages?
Feel like shaking us out a decent ruckman?

I was at a WAFL match yesterday for the club. Not allowed to express an opinion when asked or enjoy a Sunday? (which was equally shit)

Lets just say there seems to be a big difference between what I think a player is worth, their club and manager think they are worth and what Clarke seems willing to offer contract wise.

Watching todays game was just a joke. The team played as though their feet were stuck in the mud and outside of Edwards and Yeo it's hard to think of players who actually played good games.

I was at a WAFL match yesterday for the club. Not allowed to express an opinion when asked or enjoy a Sunday? (which was equally shit)

Lets just say there seems to be a big difference between what I think a player is worth, their club and manager think they are worth and what Clarke seems willing to offer contract wise.

Watching todays game was just a joke. The team played as though their feet were stuck in the mud and outside of Edwards and Yeo it's hard to think of players who actually played good games.
I could be out of line.

But if the cap is set to increase, Barrass out the door, Gaff contract finishing up .etc can’t we just give a little to get over the line? Unless we have a huge target then what’s a 100k here or there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back