List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
If St Kilda are offering Stengle a big contract we got to bring Collard home. He kills it at WAFL/VFL level. He needs to be parked at Fwd pocket for a season or 2 in our team so he can grow. With Cripps & Ryan on last legs, Petch always up for trade discussions. We need to get him in now. He will grow and move up the ground to Half Fwd/Wing.

Was just a facetious remark in response to those arguing BWilliams being contracted makes him more valuable, apologies if that wasn't your intent. Being contracted absolutely adds value if clubs are falling over themselves to grab someone or if they fix a pressing need (Barrass, for example). But Williams would be a nice to have role player, so while there would be suitors, none of them are paying any more than market value or they will just move on and find another role player that would be nice to have.

While Allen and Hardeman haven't shown anything yet, they are teen picks who are obviously projected to be decent players. BW was a pick 35 who has lived up to his value but not really anything more. I'd take the younger player with the higher projected ceiling and find someone else for BW's role, even if it meant adding a little extra as while it is a gamble, the potential is higher.
Okay - I've got the angle of your dangle now mate.
I still think if our team are worth thier salt, we wouldn't have to pay anything more. I actually argue a pick upgrade the other way.

Keep in mind, my initial comment came about as was said 2/3 clubs may be enquiring about BW.
Sellers prerogative. Pay up if you want him you Slags!

If St Kilda are offering Stengle a big contract we got to bring Collard home. He kills it at WAFL/VFL level. He needs to be parked at Fwd pocket for a season or 2 in our team so he can grow. With Cripps & Ryan on last legs, Petch always up for trade discussions. We need to get him in now. He will grow and move up the ground to Half Fwd/Wing.

Kills it at VFL level?

If Shane McAdam nets a 2nd rounder in return, Bailey Williams does....every single day of the week

Playing predominantly forward, Gerreyn showed how dangerous he can be as a threat in the air and on the ground. At 199cm he's still capable of swooping on loose balls to create scoring opportunities for himself or his teammates with lovely skills by hand or on either foot.

sounds a prospect
I really rated his game on the weekend, wouldn't be opposed to drafting him even though we have a glut of forward/rucks (obviously depending how high he goes).

If i was Williams and i really did want to play key forward then i would consider a trade as i don't think he will get picked much to play as a pure forward. We already have Allen and Waterman who are not going anywhere anytime soon, Maric, Williams and maybe Archer Reid coming through who will be competing for the 3rd tall spot with him. And a 3rd tall usually needs to be a bit of a swingman with some mobility and ability at ground level traded off against size and ability to take a mark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guarantee you if we put Bailey on the market, he’d have very little interest. He’s a horrific AFL player, some of you confuse trying hard with ability. He’s not a competitive number 1 ruck, he looks awful as a forward, his skills are below par, he can take a good grab every now and then but marking still isn’t something he does enough of.

A very late 2nd rounder is the most you’d get for him and that’s being incredibly optimistic, I doubt you’d even get that.
Harsh

But fair.

I’ll allow it.

Wait till he is out of contact we will get him for a pack of chips

Assuming there will be a follow up tweet, but according to Daniels, Yeo close to agreeing to terms on a 3 year deal…

The classic player agent dance with the media over the last month trying to shake out the best deal they can for their client. Like I said at the time, the Crows would have to be offering Yeo well over a million a year to pry him out of his home state with a preggo partner and a real sick father.

The classic player agent dance with the media over the last month trying to shake out the best deal they can for their client. Like I said at the time, the Crows would have to be offering Yeo well over a million a year to pry him out of his home state with a preggo partner and a real sick father.

Did anyone genuinely think he would leave?
Update is of no great surprise ☺️

Saying Collard kills it at VFL level is an interesting take, he has had a lot of stinkers in that competition and can’t get near the footy.

If Shane McAdam nets a 2nd rounder in return, Bailey Williams does....every single day of the week
He offers way more to our team than a 2nd rounder would .

Without him we have perma injured Flynn and then a 20 year old Barnett with jamo as a break glass .

Any trade for bailey would have to factor in another ruck .

If we got English as a free agent (hopefully not ) I feel bailey might ask for a trade

Tin foil hat time

Aside from Yeo’s manager leaking interest in him, West Coast were as well. Particularly the part he was getting offers for three years

Having floated the possibility he might leave, nervous supporters are placated he’s signing on and the fact it’s 3 years gets overlooked when two months ago the prospect of a 3 year deal might have met more resistance

I’m ok with 3 years provided there’s triggers for the third

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back