List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Prime Chris Judd would struggle to have an impact in the the beagles at the moment, our whole development program is broken.
Despite that, Trew, Culley, Hall (yesterday an abberation) should have been or should be given a run of 3 or 4 games in the AFL to see how they go. Maric should never have been dropped, he's a classy ball user which we have very few of in the side.
Dewar also shows something often enough to have a similar run and see what he's got.
We've completely wasted this season trying to win games with the older guys instead of using it to develop for the future. And we haven't even won that many games.
I’m most concerned about Archer Reid. If he’d been playing in a decent reserves side to date I reckon he’d almost be knocking on the door of senior selection. We have absolute gun potential there and if something isn’t done with his development he’ll be straight back to Vic next year and in a proper system he’ll be an absolute jet.

I’m most concerned about Archer Reid. If he’d been playing in a decent reserves side to date I reckon he’d almost be knocking on the door of senior selection. We have absolute gun potential there and if something isn’t done with his development he’ll be straight back to Vic next year and in a proper system he’ll be an absolute jet.
He looks genuinely good from what I've seen, one of those big guys who's agile enough to impact the game once the ball hits the ground as well.

Look at the ladder predictor.

Just lost Flynn so back to Bailey carrying the ruck.

Lose one of Yeo, Reid or Kelly and we are again seriously undermanned in the centre.

Lose one of Gov or TB and we leak another 3 to 5 goals.

North have winnable games ahead and seem to be improving. We seem to be crawling to the finish line.
True but Richmond are in the last place conversation

Trew gets similar numbers but doesnt get a game for varying reasons. I think if people saw more of Jack Carroll they would see he lacks pace, is one footed, poor tackler and while he can accumulate possessions, isnt good enough defensively to play at AFL level

Garcia is the one we should be targeting. Getting a good run of games and has a bit more about him in the contest.

We are desperately short of defensive pressure, so id like to think anyone we get fits that bill. Its why out of Dev/Carroll/Parfitt im taking Parfitt every day of the week. 3 of his 8 games he got 10 tackles this season. When care factor and effort is a core problem, you do need guys who give a crap and Parfitt fits the bill
Yeah but hasn't parfitt just been plucked out of thin air by someone on here. ?

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lombard, Marshall and Carmichael all busy for the Allies. Had the better of the first 15mins of the game and late in the second. Shanahan with a couple of highlights and has looked dangerous when near the ball.

Country controlled the game from late in the first quarter and for most of the second. Langford busy but a little wasteful. Ough very good and looks an interesting prospect, Onley, Isivic and Hynes all pretty busy for country.

Like the game of Doherty as a mobile ruckman. Lalor burst to life and kicked two although should have had 3 but missed one from close range. FOS pretty quiet had a few good handballs and a good run down chase.

Should we finish bottom 2 this season , priority assistance in some form is a must . Expecting a pretty good show today against Melbourne though .

Another draft to pick a top midfielder and trade in a A grade player will help the current younger players .

The last 7-8 games are important in seeing where we are at .

If Baker says no, id simply be offering Isaac Cumming 5 year 5 mill like deal thats front loaded to the max.

If any of the other players are upset, they can go watch some highlights of last weeks game
Cumming has all the traits we're looking for., Should be close to our number 1 target now.

1 mill a year is a pretty steep price though. We'd probably have to go close to that to make he up root though.

He looks genuinely good from what I've seen, one of those big guys who's agile enough to impact the game once the ball hits the ground as well.
I've not seen him live, only draftee videos but this description made me think of Jeremy Cameron only taller.

I throw a differing view. Harley needs to up his game more constantly to be the want away greatest showman everyone's paranoid about.

Don't get me wrong, he has some great moments, and a couple of match winning games and shows all the signs, but he has also had some very quiet games and even without the suspension might not be the rising star shoein.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
We are talking about a first year player. He's been amazing for a first year player. Someone who is now getting tagged, in his first year, with not a lot of support.

Sheesh.

Absolutely. He’s elite for his size below his knees, watching the Whitlocks fumble below their knees throughout the carnival makes you realise how lucky we are to have a 203cm prospect that is so clean. Great vision, a good kick and he hasn’t been able to showcase his endurance either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are talking about a first year player. He's been amazing for a first year player. Someone who is now getting tagged, in his first year, with not a lot of support.

Sheesh.
Yep. Not many players get tagged after 12 career games. Only a lazy 140-odd games to go before the kid hits his peak.

Cumming has all the traits we're looking for., Should be close to our number 1 target now.

1 mill a year is a pretty steep price though. We'd probably have to go close to that to make he up root though.

He’d be on nowhere near that now.

Would actually like to have a a crack at him ourselves.
Would slot into half back very nicely and release Chapman to the wing

I know I harp on about him but Garcia has the same BSD energy that Reid and Hewett do. Hates losing and loves a snag. For the low output he'd cost (thanks Bevo) I'll be very unimpressed if we don't target him.

What pick would you predict it would cost?
I don't see how the Dogs could realistically ask for more than a 3rd rounder given they continue to drop him.

Would be a great get for that.

We are already playing land of the giants, so who is he coming in for??

I know everyone wants Darling dropped but we are still a tall forward line, so not sure where or how he gets a game.

Our list balance is just so shit, perhaps we should have traded out of pick 30 last year and gained an extra pick. It would probably also mean we wouldn’t have had to trade an extra pick for Hall.

If Reid returns to Vic next year, it is gonna look like another cluster**** by our recruiting team.

We are already playing land of the giants, so who is he coming in for??

I know everyone wants Darling dropped but we are still a tall forward line, so not sure where or how he gets a game.

Our list balance is just so shit, perhaps we should have traded out of pick 30 last year and gained an extra pick. It would probably also mean we wouldn’t have had to trade an extra pick for Hall.

If Reid returns to Vic next year, it is gonna look like another cluster**** by our recruiting team.
You’d want to be confident we aren’t exposing his body too early but if we’re ok with that side of it I’d drop Darling and BWilliams.

Front half talls: Oscar, Waterman, Flynn, JWilliams, Areid I’d be happy with and sub one of them off if we need a smaller 2nd half balance. The rest of the season should be getting games into kids, we have nothing to lose and give them a taste and maybe approach Archer for a contract extension over summer.

Our list balance is totally shit but I still think we needed to take a KPP with that pick given the age profile of the rest of them and that they need longer to develop than the smaller players. Now that Buss is gone we have to take a KPD too, Mraz with our 2R would be perfect if available and his foot is ok.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back