List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
So i have looked at the dogs page on a potential barass trade some will give evrrything for him some dont want him. I ask the richmond page there thoughts on getting bw some woundlt mind it over would. Rich give us pick 41 we give bw.

I do think these guys operate on 10% fact and 90% speculation though. How would Tom Morris know whether TB is 50/50

Hmmmm.

Tim English back on?

But not at ridiculous money but 1 year more than the Dogs offer.

Well that ties in with a rumour that it was back on and family members saying he is moving back home.

Not many moves who improve us immediately. Getting English is one of them no matter how people rate his ruck work.

Last edited:

So i have looked at the dogs page on a potential barass trade some will give evrrything for him some dont want him. I ask the richmond page there thoughts on getting bw some woundlt mind it over would. Rich give us pick 41 we give bw.

Melbourne just lost without a ruck.

If English headed this way Bailey likely joins the merry go round.

Straight swap for Baker would be a wonderful result. The melts on the Richmond board and Baker trade thread would be epic.

And I mean EPIC!

The talk of English for 1m a year was horrible, if we could get him for less than it's a no brainer really. We need a ruckman and we know how good he can be.
Well, it would be a case of pay the compo for band 1 for English, send Barrass to WB and they send us their first + compo for our second, or something like that, depending on the compo.

Could essentially be buying ourselves a first round draft pick by acquiring English.

Well, it would be a case of pay the compo for band 1 for English, send Barrass to WB and they send us their first + compo for our second, or something like that, depending on the compo.

Could essentially be buying ourselves a first round draft pick by acquiring English.
We do not have a first. There is an expectation that we will get a first round pick for Bailey Smith but I can't imagine we'd be in a rush to trade both it and compensation for English for Barrass, even with a second coming back.

Personally I'd like to see us trade you the compensation we get for English with a second round pick for Barrass, but I have a clear bias.

He's better than LEdwards and Trew is not a good reason to get him.
IMO, that's just replacing spuds with spuds.

I'd rather take a punt on a kid and hope we get a Noah Long.

Agree to disagree.
As pointed out, he's better than a pick 60-plus and also ready to play day one. He improves the team immediately for no cost, even if only marginally. If he performs better being played in position, great. If his output doesn't change, he later gets superseded and delisted. It's an odd hill to die on.

Even just the compo pick somewhere around pick 10 for Barrass, maybe they add in Garcia, and maybe a F2 instead of the first round pick swaps. They might be happier to go for that.

In: English pick 10 Garcia f2
Out: Barrass

I think thatd be somewhat reasonable

We do not have a first. There is an expectation that we will get a first round pick for Bailey Smith but I can't imagine we'd be in a rush to trade both it and compensation for English for Barrass, even with a second coming back.

Personally I'd like to see us trade you the compensation we get for English with a second round pick for Barrass, but I have a clear bias.
English compo + Garcia + a 2nd rounder for Barrass?

So you’re suggesting pick 11 (English compo) and pick 30 for Barrass?

Dev costs next to nothing and means we can replace an extra spud with someone who might not be a spud. He can play a role from day 1.

Or would you rather take an extra guy at pick 70 odd as the last pick in the draft who will 95% never contribute anything at all to the main squad and be desisted in 2 years time? Or keep JJ for an extra year?

I'd rather Dev tbh
Whichever way it goes, JJ can't be there next week, let alone next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Morris' mail is true and we are offering less coin but more years for English then I wouldn't be against it.

Desperately need a competent ruckman and if we aren't paying the world for English then it's probably worth it.

Not sure where it leaves Flynn and Bailey though. Flynn in the WAFL as cover and Bailey traded would be my guess. J. Williams should be our second ruck and third tall forward going forward - Bailey is surplus to needs and also not very good at much.

So you’re suggesting pick 11 (English compo) and pick 30 for Barrass?
Yeah I'd think so.

English compo + Garcia + a 2nd rounder for Barrass?
I don't know if I'd be so willing to trade Garcia and a 2nd (in addition to pick 11), but if it came down to it I'm sure we'd do it for Barrass and a third or something. Depending on who you ask on this website Garcia has re-signed though so who knows.

Wonder how they work out compo for band 1 in that case, if WCE's offer were to trigger it? Normally it's the pick straight after your first rounder.

Has this even happened before, where a team triggered band 1 but the recipient didn't have a first rounder?

Yeah I'd think so.

I don't know if I'd be so willing to trade Garcia and a 2nd, but if it came down to it I'm sure we'd do it for Barrass and a third or something. Depending on who you ask on this website Garcia has re-signed though so who knows.
Barrass and good chunk of salary for Pick 11, 30 and Garcia I’d do.

If Barrass goes to the dogs the chase of the Buss man might be back on.

Wonder how they work out compo for band 1 in that case, if WCE's offer were to trigger it? Normally it's the pick straight after your first rounder.

Has this even happened before, where a team triggered band 1 but the recipient didn't have a first rounder?
I'm unsure of previous happenings but I know how it works - essentially pretend we have our first round pick, and that's where our compensation is. Our pick still exists, it's just not ours anymore haha, so where ever that particular pick ends up.

It’s the pick after the natural pick which as it stands would mean pick 11.

As pointed out, he's better than a pick 60-plus and also ready to play day one. He improves the team immediately for no cost, even if only marginally. If he performs better being played in position, great. If his output doesn't change, he later gets superseded and delisted. It's an odd hill to die on.
I'm not dying on a hill over getting him or not.
Either way it won't make a huge difference.

Just stating what my preference is.

I've already said we can agree to disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back