List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is TK’s contract up at the end of next year? Honestly don’t want his re-signed after that. Brings zero leadership for a senior player and his footy is bang average lately. Need him in o have massive improvement next year if he wants ro stay beyond 2025

Is TK’s contract up at the end of next year? Honestly don’t want his re-signed after that. Brings zero leadership for a senior player and his footy is bang average lately. Need him in o have massive improvement next year if he wants ro stay beyond 2025
I was thinking about this. We’ve overpaid him compared to output so his next contract needs to be on SFA. He’s not going into the PSD so we can at least afford to equalise his contract so over the journey he’s being paid for what he’s producing.

Had a few teams chasing him but recently re-signed for 4 years at the Suns.
I can see a bit of meek in him, I like Flynn but bloke can't get on the park. Contracts mean bugger all these days (barass current talk).We need to get aggressive this offseason

For somebody who doesn’t think the dogs will go for Barrass, this purps character is spending quite a bit of time here debating value. A second rounder for Barrass or we can kick in a second rounder and Barrass to trade for English, a free agent.

Will Ferrell Crazy Pills GIF

I can see a bit of meek in him, I like Flynn but bloke can't get on the park. Contracts mean bugger all these days (barass current talk).We need to get aggressive this offseason
Moyle had interest from just about every Vic club yet he stayed despite playing under Witts for the next couple of years. Don’t think his mind would have changed so much between signing and now that he’d consider coming over here.

Knobel and Reidy are the obvious targets, both of whom are already settled here and out of contract.

So is Barrass happy to stay without a renenogations of his contract?

Because the rumour of him leaving was because of him having a contract that wasn't much right?

So if we don't renogagate would he be a good boy and stay

That’s what it’s all about, he’s once again going to extort the club. Barrass’s contract ends when he’s 32, there’s no reason for us to extend it, it’d be the most stupid thing we’ve done in a long time.

I was thinking about this. We’ve overpaid him compared to output so his next contract needs to be on SFA. He’s not going into the PSD so we can at least afford to equalise his contract so over the journey he’s being paid for what he’s producing.
He's been horrible this year, will throw in a handy 4th qtr every now and then. Shows shit leadership towards the other younger mids too

You know the bloke is from WA, and his family is here?

Not sure of his marital situation or if he has wife/kids. But I’d call bullshit that English categorically refuses to move “Home”
Yeah I know he is but he has a girlfriend Rudi who just left the fever to go to the Melbourne vixens

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disagree to agree.

Noah Long was never a huge punt where we got him.
Went at around 25 possessions and a goal a game at U18 level for the Bendigo Pioneers.
Should have been taken somewhere early- mid 2nd round and only slid because of his size.

It wont be too often that we get legit bargains late draft.
Should've, would've could've.

He went at pick 58 mate.
Regardless of his size or ability.

I just think we're better off taking a punt, than on players who aren't getting games at other clubs.

Apparently the Eagles got a 6 year deal tabled for English. Considering we haven't had a real ruck-man for two years I'm not surprised they're throwing the perceived kitchen sink at him.

Also, factoring in the Dockers have Darcy and Jackson we can pretty much have the pick of whichever West Australian ruck comes out of contract for the foreseeable future should they want to come home.

He’s had a solid 6 games in defence now, and been AA caliber every week. With him, Jones, Buku and JOD, Buss can’t even get a game despite dominating in the VFL.

Barass is the last thing they need, especially if it means giving up the Bailey Smith pick. Not to mention he’ll be 30 next year and has a history of back issues. I can’t understand the appeal for the Dogs even if he is one of the best defenders going around at the moment. Seems like a lose-lose situation for both clubs.
AA calibre....who are you?

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back