List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Surely the push for this years, that will get them in front of LL.

Crows get the one to the Suns picks back

They can cash out some of their other picks for picks next year for the two academy kids

Lukosius is not worth a top 5 pick. He’s not even worth a top 10 pick.

Very hard draft to get a read on. I’ll give it ago with what trades I think will happen and what the ladder will look like.

Rich- Jagga
Crows- Sid (trade with Nth M)
Eagles- FOS (I think Saints will try and throw some big offers our way)
Roos- Trainor (Armstrong is also a chance here)
Saints- Smillie
Saints- Lalor
Power - Langford (Melb trade pick for Houston)
Essendon- Armstrong
Rich- Reid (Freo trade pick for Bolton)
Rich- Travaglia (GC trade pick for Rioli)
Rich- Hotton (Freo trade pick for Bolton)
Eagles- probably Bo Allan 😐 (Hopefully Lindsay)

If top 3 don’t trade
Rich- Jagga
North- FOS but see how his VFL goes today
Eagles- Sid

Good luck trying to predict it though, Cal is already putting out excuses for his

Richmond come off very well, if this eventuates.

6/8 weeks until the fun begins?

54 hitouts and 19 disposals yesterday in the WAFL....cockburn could probably have used some of that instead of Craberner
Im a very big fan overall but I am biased towards good tap rucknen, even if they are very ordinary around the ground which he is. At this point a young midfield needs tap work more then a ruck taking 3 contested marks a game

Very hard draft to get a read on. I’ll give it ago with what trades I think will happen and what the ladder will look like.

Rich- Jagga
Saints- Smillie
Saints- Lalor
Essendon- Armstrong
Eagles- probably Bo Allan (Hopefully Lindsay)

If top 3 don’t trade
Rich- Jagga
Eagles- Sid

Good luck trying to predict it though, Cal is already putting out excuses for his
Adelaide Def would be wanting to jump the queue for draper. North might be keen on Tex for a year or so in that deal. Think battle will be band 2 best case scenario so st kilda with just the 1 pick. If we miss out on travaglia (hawks pick via barass) wouldn't mind berry or Lindsay

Richmond come off very well, if this eventuates.

6/8 weeks until the fun begins?
Everyone thinks that pre draft. There will be spuds inside the 20 just like every draft. Just hope it’s not our picks.

Yeah they could be, it will be interesting to see what they do but if they are all in on the rebuild they might as well do it now, don’t agree with the staggered approach. The teams the players want to reportedly go to have the picks.

Maybe move some of the picks into next year so they can bundle again and maybe a Harley heist 😬, if he isn’t signed by this time next year.

Also on top of that they will probably have picks 20, 21 which both likely turn into mid 20s picks and the pick they get for Baker go with Freos Powers pick or our F2. Also in a good space to bundle up for Brissys pick.

They will also be very young and could replace us as the ‘worst team’ in 50 years narrative from the Vic media (who am I kidding)

Media are pushing it as player movement generates the most clicks but it is a very interesting situation.

Adelaide Def would be wanting to jump the queue for draper. North might be keen on Tex for a year or so in that deal. Think battle will be band 2 best case scenario so st kilda with just the 1 pick. If we miss out on travaglia (hawks pick via barass) wouldn't mind berry or Lindsay

Lindsay would be a very good backup if TT was gone by 10.

Very capable and also has more on ball exposure to date.

As others have alluded with the success of Ginbey playing behind the ball have we found our intercepting and rebounding half back?

So do we draft a mid or a half back? Why not both?

Saying that TT and Lindsay are listed as midfield / defenders.

Rich- Jagga
Saints- Smillie
Saints- Lalor
Essendon- Armstrong
Eagles- probably Bo Allan 😐 (Hopefully Lindsay)

If top 3 don’t trade
Rich- Jagga
Eagles- Sid

Saints IMO wont have two picks in the top 10.

Battle either stays or leaves as band 2 as an UFA.

Band 1 compo needs $950k for 4 or 5 years and the Hawks simply do not need to pay that to get him. Battle simply isnt in the eliete group who earn band 1 compo.

AFL will help the Saints out which secret herbs and spices imo, like they have the Dons which Kako. Both stuck in the middle of the ladder. Too much noise coming out from there about no big FA go their becaus they don’t get marquee games ect and they’ve missed out on top 10 NGAs due to the rule changes (even though they got Owens before the rule went from 20 to 40) and no FS as their champions have had daughters.

I know he’s not. That’s why I’ve mentioned the Crows may have to sloit their 1st.

For
Lukosius and pick 10*

This is like asking us to split pick 3 for baker.

It’s totally against Adelaide’s interest. If anything Adelaide would be thinking about how to move up the draft board to get Draper, not move down to get Luko.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is like asking us to split pick 3 for baker.

It’s totally against Adelaide’s interest. If anything Adelaide would be thinking about how to move up the draft board to get Draper, not move down to get Luko.
I do agree with you. At 4 any of top 4 would be a great fit for their midfield but Depends who you listen to, they have also had more success in bring in established players with picks Dawson and Rankine then going to the draft. Thilthorpe going into his 5th is their best pick and still unknown really. Rachelle is their whipping boy

Crows CEO stated
"We've gone through a process of this rebuild, we've gone to the draft for a number of years, we've got a consolidated group of talented kids. The next phase of our list management is to try to bring in some top-end talent around that 22-26 years old (range) to just make us better and that's going to be our focus over the next six months.

Nicks reportedly flew up to GC last week to visit Lukosius. Like someone mentioned they may try and use their future first but the unknown of that is hard to balance out a trade

Last edited:
Tex is a Free agent. If he doesn’t get a deal at the Crows I don’t think he picks North.

Smillie is a point of difference with their midfield set-up.

I have a feeling they might take best available mid at 2 .

Comben has been a great defender for them .
Griffen logue will be back next season

They picked up 200cm KPD will Dawson at the end of the 1st round last off season .

Then they have corr at 195cms and kalan Dawson 196cm both defenders .

I highly doubt they go a key defender

We probably need a key defender more than they do

At least with Smillie at 194cm they can olay him forward to help take the defense away from Larkey.

Or as some have suggested they split with the Crows and take Trainor. Which I think would be smart

At least with Smillie at 194cm they can olay him forward to help take the defense away from Larkey.

Or as some have suggested they split with the Crows and take Trainor. Which I think would be smart
I posted above that they have more key defenders than we do . Comben ,logue corr ,biggie nyuon and 2 x Dawsons

I do agree with you. At 4 any of top 4 would be a great fit for their midfield but Depends who you listen to, they have also had more success in bring in established players with picks Dawson and Rankine then going to the draft. Thilthorpe going into his 5th is their best pick and still unknown really. Rachelle is their whipping boy

Crows CEO stated
"We've gone through a process of this rebuild, we've gone to the draft for a number of years, we've got a consolidated group of talented kids. The next phase of our list management is to try to bring in some top-end talent around that 22-26 years old (range) to just make us better and that's going to be our focus over the next six months.

Nicks reportedly flew up to GC last week to visit Lukosius. Like someone mentioned they may try and use their future first but the unknown of that is hard to balance out a trade
3 way trade with Richmond.

GC lose lukosious + 20
For rioli + salary

Crows lose pick 4
get lukosious + mid 1st ( bolton trade via freo )

Richmond lose rioli + salary + mid first (bolton trade via freo)
Get picks 4 and 20

3 way trade with Richmond.

GC lose lukosious + 20
For rioli + salary

Crows lose pick 4
get lukosious + mid 1st ( bolton trade via freo )

Richmond lose rioli + salary + mid first (bolton trade via freo)
Get picks 4 and 20

Willie Rioli likes this

Lindsay would be a very good backup if TT was gone by 10.

Very capable and also has more on ball exposure to date.

As others have alluded with the success of Ginbey playing behind the ball have we found our intercepting and rebounding half back?

So do we draft a mid or a half back? Why not both?

Saying that TT and Lindsay are listed as midfield / defenders.
I have Oliver as the back up in the event TT is gone

Are we locked into pick 3 now?

Draper pls

I've also settled on Draper however I think zero chance he makes it to 3, will go 1 or 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back