List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Essendon have players to trade, [Parish, Hobbs, Tsatis, Perkins, Cox, Throw in Hepps and Laverde for free].
We need a Reid like player, how would that sit with WC posters.
PS. Could probably throw in our coach, good assistant for your present coach next year.
Let's assume for a second reid wants out and chooses essendon. Pretty sure Hobbs and perkins let it be known they didn't want to be drafted by an interstate club so theyre out. Tsatis is a bit crap,cox isnt an area of need.
Doesnt leave too much

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

6 for 1 with a chance of more would seem like a good deal to anyone.
Mate, I've been on a 50 year 'BENDER'. The offer is still on the table.
Black-Ish No GIF by ABC Network

I still have faith in Flynn. Missed a fair chunk of footy and didn’t bounce back. If he can do what he did for GWS, I would take it.

Would flip BWilliams for another genuine afl ruck. Just not sure who w that could be.

Williams ain’t that bad of a player just too far down our KPF depth chart, his proper afl position.
I was going to say much the same. He was recruited for a reason and hasn’t had a run at it. His numbers for us have been down on his career averages due to injury. There is scope to improve on his GWS numbers if healthy and holding the number 1 mantle.

Flynn can still be the moneyball option that can allow us to save our cap space for more damaging positions. English would’ve held back our recruiting in other areas due to his salary.

Ironically I would like to see Flynn take a leaf out of BWill’s book by scrapping and scragging and showing more aggression. At his size he could be a genuine enforcer if he finds some mongrel and has a solid preseason to be able to cover the ground and attack contests rather than the lumbering that we saw this year.

By all means pick up another cheap developing ruck like this Knobel fella that has been mentioned if we don’t see it happening for Barnett and co long term.

I was going to say much the same. He was recruited for a reason and hasn’t had a run at it. His numbers for us have been down on his career averages due to injury. There is scope to improve on his GWS numbers if healthy and holding the number 1 mantle.

Flynn can still be the moneyball option that can allow us to save our cap space for more damaging positions. English would’ve held back our recruiting in other areas due to his salary.

Ironically I would like to see Flynn take a leaf out of BWill’s book by scrapping and scragging and showing more aggression. At his size he could be a genuine enforcer if he finds some mongrel and has a solid preseason to be able to cover the ground and attack contests rather than the lumbering that we saw this year.

By all means pick up another cheap developing ruck like this Knobel fella that has been mentioned if we don’t see it happening for Barnett and co long term.
Flynn should’ve learnt from Briggs the few years before he got here. That’s the type we require.

I didn’t mind him at GWS and Hoping for the Meek like 2nd year.

What were the track watchers seeing in the pre season from Flynn? Did he look the goods.

Been average even at WAFL level with small glimpses. List manager should be all over as they did try and sign Lycett for the year. So they know the need. It’s just who can fill it?

Essendon have players to trade, [Parish, Hobbs, Tsatis, Perkins, Cox, Throw in Hepps and Laverde for free].
We need a Reid like player, how would that sit with WC posters.
PS. Could probably throw in our coach, good assistant for your present coach next year.

Oh sure. We'll give ya'll a bag of chips and some twirls while we're at it, too.

Our thread would’ve been like that about Ginbey and Duggan 6 weeks ago. Waterman last year. Oscar at HT on Saturday.
Right, but we aren’t lining up $1m a year, half decade+ deals for Ginbey and Duggan or 2023 hospitalised Jake Waterman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven’t watched Archer Reid play, but would he be a ruck option? If he developed, could be a nice combo with JWill if both are forwards who can ruck and also hit the scoreboard

Anyway we can get trac without selling our draft hand?

Trac is really a leader we need to Sheppard the youth with training standards and such. He brings good culture.

Make it happen bigfooty.

How about

Oscar Allen/Jake Waterman + TB + Salary cap relief for Clayton

For

Trac?

Uh Oh Omg GIF by Bounce

Let's assume for a second reid wants out and chooses essendon. Pretty sure Hobbs and perkins let it be known they didn't want to be drafted by an interstate club so theyre out. Tsatis is a bit crap,cox isnt an area of need.
Doesnt leave too much

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Pretty sure I could add another 6 or 7 to that list.
Anyway, thanks for allowing me to intrude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back