List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
**** I hate Vic Metro.

Ban them all for draft tampering.
Meh, of the Vic Metro sooks, for the ones that work out, there's others who end up failing due to being weak of mind/attitude.

For every Sheezel, there's a mentally weak Perkins.

So on gettable.

We are into the following.

Davies has a 2 yrs offer from suns. Surely we throw him the cash and a 4 yrs deal?

Peatling has a 2 yrs offer from GWS. See Garcia if he is worth taking a punt on?

Carrol at blues quite possible a delist!! Do we good faith and give blues a pick inside 72 to give them points for the father sons.

Graham 4 yrs offer from us.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Finn O'Sullivan is the one, followed by Draper.
In that next bracket you have Tobie Travaglia, Sam Lalor, Harvey Langford and Xavier Lindsay.
Later in the piece their are guys like pheonix Hargrave, Day-Wicks and Zak Johnson.

I won't reply to each but I will say if you feel inclined you can check on the dogs board to see my history with trade and draft Intel, I come in good faith and won't pester if you have differing views on the information I pass on. The info I get is either from a couple of people at a few Vic clubs or scouts that I have met whilst attending CTL and VFL.

I thought maybe those out West might appreciate some information from Vic way that doesn't have the media spin on it but if posters prefer me to browse and not post that's fine too.
Please share any tidbits if you feel so inclined.

People are still wary of the randos from last year with their 'inside' info on Reid #1 from last year, I guess.

I’d also love to get pick 6 or 7 for Barrass. You could then go

3 - FOS
6/7 - Lalor

Even if FOS ends up on the HBF at AFL level & doesn’t make it as a full time mid you still end up with Lalor. We need more weapons off the backline with good footskills, run & power. Fixes a couple of areas of need at the same time.

Would then focus on smalls & talls later in the draft.
We need mids more than we need HBs, especially with Ginbeys recent form.

Who do we currently have post Yeo and Kelly apart from Reid?

Please share any tidbits if you feel so inclined.

People are still wary of the randos from last year with their 'inside' info on Reid #1 from last year, I guess.
That's fair and with Harley even if he were a flight risk (I never thought so) he was so far and away the stand out number one pick that you'd pick him anyway and back a good culture to have him mature over his initial 3 year contract. Where as if it is for a guy that is on par with 4 or 5 others you're better off just avoiding out of an abundance of caution and pick the one that will by into the atmosphere.

In that next bracket you have Tobie Travaglia, Sam Lalor, Harvey Langford and Xavier Lindsay.
Later in the piece their are guys like pheonix Hargrave, Day-Wicks and Zak Johnson.

I won't reply to each but I will say if you feel inclined you can check on the dogs board to see my history with trade and draft Intel, I come in good faith and won't pester if you have differing views on the information I pass on. The info I get is either from a couple of people at a few Vic clubs or scouts that I have met whilst attending CTL and VFL.

I thought maybe those out West might appreciate some information from Vic way that doesn't have the media spin on it but if posters prefer me to browse and not post that's fine too.
Appreciate it, have seen you as reliable before. Someone posted earlier they saw an interview with Murphy last year that he said his worst nightmare was being drafted interstate, so we've been alert to it.

So on gettable.

Garcia has a 2 yrs offer from suns. Surely we throw him the cash and a 4 yrs deal?

Peatling has a 2 yrs offer from GWS. See Garcia if he is worth taking a punt on?

Carrol at blues quite possible a delist!! Do we good faith and give blues a pick inside 72 to give them points for the father sons.

Peatling would be a goer.

We need mids more than we need HBs, especially with Ginbeys recent form.

Who do we currently have post Yeo and Kelly apart from Reid?
Most Clubs see FOS as a high half forward initially before transitioning onto a wing with short stints in the middle.

I will put it out there though, I am biased on this topic as I have been a keen observer of Finn for along time and have a small connection with him through my wife's family over his side of town.

That's fair and with Harley even if he were a flight risk (I never thought so) he was so far and away the stand out number one pick that you'd pick him anyway and back a good culture to have him mature over his initial 3 year contract. Where as if it is for a guy that is on par with 4 or 5 others you're better off just avoiding out of an abundance of caution and pick the one that will by into the atmosphere.
Yeah agreed, not worth getting worked up over IMO.

West Coast won't pick him.

I've investigated this Reid stuff, it's true, massive flight risk and a bit of a dickhead.

*Murphy, not Harley.

Last edited:
Heard just then West Coast are keen on Tom Clurey, even more so if Barrass is moved.

Couldn't see too much difficulty in getting the trade done. Would think a 4th or Future 4th would get it done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was just having some fun. Continue on 👍🏻

Looks like Malakai was training with the team today. Have any avid training attendees noted whether this has been common throughout the year?

He’s been training with us a fair bit.

Did a lot of preseason work with us, including some of the intraclub/ matchsim stuff. Was there last week and again yesterday when I went for a look

Feels like he’s been at the club more than previous NGAs

What’s most noticeable is how small he is so that will be a hurdle for him if he is going to be any chance of making it. That said, although Dewar is taller, he was very very slim when he first got to the club and he’s blossomed nicely after a really good preseason leading into 2024

He’s been training with us a fair bit.

Did a lot of preseason work with us, including some of the intraclub/ matchsim stuff. Was there last week and again yesterday when I went for a look

Feels like he’s been at the club more than previous NGAs

What’s most noticeable is how small he is so that will be a hurdle for him if he is going to be any chance of making it. That said, although Dewar is taller, he was very very slim when he first got to the club and he’s blossomed nicely after a really good preseason leading into 2024
Yeah, I thought he looked small, but he was running with Dewar, Maric and Ginbey. WAFL site has him at 172cm, hopefully he more than makes up for this with speed, agility and skill.

The club must have seen the writing on the wall with the rules change for NGA. Hopefully, this means we have essentially committed to picking him up. It will be nice to get some NGA wins going forward.

Yeah, I thought he looked small, but he was running with Dewar, Maric and Ginbey. WAFL site has him at 172cm, hopefully he more than makes up for this with speed, agility and skill.

The club must have seen the writing on the wall with the rules change for NGA. Hopefully, this means we have essentially committed to picking him up. It will be nice to get some NGA wins going forward.
If he's 172cm then he's 1cm taller than Kysaiah Pickett.

He looks to go as hard also.

FOS ending up on the HBF is only if he doesn’t make it as a mid which would be explored first. Draper & Lalor is my preference
Draper seems like the safer bet but I don't see the same genuine upside that I do with FOS. Lalor aswell is a bit of a risk given he is a damaging forward with scope to go into the midfield. Whether he becomes like Stringer who played forward majority of his career and now goes in for a few CBAs, or Like Petracca and play his first three or four years forward before becoming that bull/burst inside mid. I'd take him preparing to get a Stringer type and then be pleasantly surprised if he makes the step into the midfield in four years.

So on gettable.

Davies has a 2 yrs offer from suns. Surely we throw him the cash and a 4 yrs deal?

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Peatling would be a very good get imo

To add what else was said on Gettable:

Graham has an offer from Richmond too and is 50/50 us or them. So the "he's getting delisted from the wooden spooners" calls are incorrect

Harry Edwards likely to re-sign

English almost certain to stay

Carroll fair chance of being a DFA for WC

Baker is leaving but still hasn't picked between WC and Freo

Barrass is leaning towards the Hawks but has other offers. Hawks first on its own won't be enough according to Twomey

Also WC interested in Clurey

So Cal has updated his form guide and so has Cavanagh from the HUN

Here is the comparison (NOTE FS and NGA have been listed at the end and the numbers relate to who is available at that pick

HUN - Cavanagh AugustCal August
1​
Jagga Smith - Oakleigh - 181cm
1​
Jagga Smith - Oakleigh - 181cm
2​
Finn O'Sullivan - Oakleigh (VC) - 182cm
2​
Harvey Langford - Dandenong - 190cm
3​
Josh Smillie - Eastern - 194cm
3​
Finn O'Sullivan - Oakleigh (VC) - 182cm
4​
Sid Draper - Sth Adel - 180cm
4​
Josh Smillie - Eastern - 194cm
5​
Sam Lalor - GWV - 187cm
5​
Murphy Reid - Sandringham - 180cm
6​
Luke Trainor - Sandringham - 194cm
6​
Sid Draper - Sth Adel - 180cm
7​
Murphy Reid - Sandringham - 180cm
7​
Harry Armstrong - Sandringham - 195cm (ACL)
8​
Harry Armstrong - Sandringham - 195cm (ACL)
8​
Sam Lalor - GWV - 187cm
9​
Harvey Langford - Dandenong - 190cm
9​
Luke Trainor - Sandringham - 194cm
10​
Bo Allan - Peel - 191cm
10​
Bo Allan - Peel - 191cm
11​
Tobie Travaglia - Bendigo - 187cm
11​
Tobie Travaglia - Bendigo - 187cm
12​
Taj Hotton - Sandringham - 182cm (ACL)
12​
Taj Hotton - Sandringham - 182cm (ACL)
13​
Matt Whitlock - Murray - 197cm
13​
Xavier Lindsay - Gippsland - 183cm
14​
Xavier Lindsay - Gippsland - 183cm
14​
Joe Berry - Murray - 180cm
15​
Christian Moraes - Eastern - 183cm
15​
Cooper Hynes - Dandenong - 190cm
16​
Joe Berry - Murray - 180cm
16​
Jack Whitlock - Murray - 200cm
17​
Jack Whitlock - Murray - 200cm
17​
Alix Tauru - Gippsland 193cm
18​
Jobe Shanahan - Bendigo (NSW) - 194cm
18​
Jobe Shanahan - Bendigo (NSW) - 194cm
19​
Alex Dodson - Sturt 203 cm
19​
Alex Dodson - Sturt 203 cm
20​
Cooper Hynes - Dandenong - 190cm
20​
Jonty Faull - GWV - 195cm
21​
Tom Gross - Oakleigh - 181cm
21​
Christian Moraes - Eastern - 183cm
22​
Jonty Faull - GWV - 195cm
22​
Tom Gross - Oakleigh - 181cm
23​
Harrison Oliver - Sandringham 181cm
23​
Harrison Oliver - Sandringham 181cm
24​
Noah Mraz - Dandenong - 198cm
24​
Matt Whitlock - Murray - 197cm
25​
Alix Tauru - Gippsland 193cm
25​
Jesse Dattoli - Northern 179cm
26​
Jesse Dattoli - Northern 179cm
26​
Thomas Sims - Northern 199 cm
27​
Thomas Sims - Northern 199 cm
28​
Harry O'Farrell - Calder - 196cm
29​
Angus Clarke - Glenelg 188 cm
30​
Archer Day-Wicks - Bendigo 185cm
31​
Charlie Nicholls - Central Dist 197 cm
32​
Xavier Ivisic - Falcons 180 cm
33​
Lachie Jacques - Falcons 184 cm
34​
Josh Dolan - Sandringham 177 cm
35​
Jasper Alger - Oakleigh - 182cm
36​
Clancy Dennis - Claremont - 194 cm
37​
James Barrat - Pioneers 193 cm
38​
Oliver Warburton - Bushrangers 185 cm
39​
Jaxon Artemis - Sth Freo 180 cm
2​
Levi Ashcroft - Sandringham Bris FS - 179cm
1​
Levi Ashcroft - Sandringham Bris FS - 179cm
11​
Leonardo Lombard - Suns NGA 178cm
12​
Leonardo Lombard - Suns NGA 178cm
13​
Isaac Kako - Cannons Dons NGA 175 cm
15​
Isaac Kako - Cannons Dons NGA 175 cm
23​
Sam Marshall - Lions NGA 185 cm
24​
Sam Marshall - Lions NGA 185 cm
27​
Logan Smith - GWS NGA 204 cm
27​
Logan Smith - GWS NGA 204 cm
34​
Ben Camporeale - Glenelg 185 cm
36​
Adrian Cole - St Kilda NGA 195 cm
43​
Joel Cochran - Swans NGA 195 cm
45​
Lucas Camporeale - Glenelg 185 cm
49​
Malakai Champion - Subiaco Eagles NGA 180 cm
50​
Tyler Welsh - WWT Adel FS - 191cm

I have excluded the FS and NGA prospects that will not be open to the market.

A few points to note.
1. Differences of 2 or more in the top 10
- Langford - Cal at 2 HUN at 9
- Lalor - Cal at 8 HUN at 5
- Trainor Cal at 9 HUN at 6

2. Differences of 5 or more in the next grouping
- Moraes Cal at 21 HUN at 15
- M Whitlock at 24 HUN at 13
- Hynes Cal at 15 HUN at 20
- Tauru Cal at 17 HUN at 25

3. Cal must be hearing Norf are warming to Langford since he has them as the 2nd best option for them.

This all goes to show the evenness of the draft in the different phases.

The benefit for taking out the NGA FS prospects is that if you think Hawks might offer pick 12, you get to see who is really available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back