List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:

Twomey I’m fairly sure stated in the last episode of gettable last week said he watched his first Coates league game for the year.

%100 percent getting info from recruiters you would have to think north
Are you sure about that?
I definitely saw Cal at about 4-5 Talent League games last year (and not all of them were in Melbourne).
I would be surprised if he had cut down substantially from last year.

Going by Cal's latest phantom guide and assuming Hawks offer up 12 and 27 for Barrass, we could go to the draft and get
3 - a true midfielder in Draper or Lalor or M Reid (I would want these 3 above Smillie)
12 - another mid like Lindsay or a mid forward like Hotton (I prefer the former)
23 - a half back like Oliver (assuming we just miss on Travaglia)
27 - a KPD like Mraz (assuming foot OK) or Dennis or Gerryn
59 - Davis as an outside wing
NGA match may not be needed on Champion as a small forward/high half forward

I’d also love to get pick 6 or 7 for Barrass. You could then go

3 - FOS
6/7 - Lalor

Even if FOS ends up on the HBF at AFL level & doesn’t make it as a full time mid you still end up with Lalor. We need more weapons off the backline with good footskills, run & power. Fixes a couple of areas of need at the same time.

Would then focus on smalls & talls later in the draft.
I would be more than happy to pocket a F2 to drop back for Crows to take Draper and we take Lalor. I am not sure how we are going to get pick 6 or 7 for Barrass. I am forecasting Dees to get 6 and Freo 7 (Pies) and Dons 8. The Drug Rats need to get a pick in before Kako and I see them finishing with pick to get them ahead well inside that.

Question is - would we take Lalor at 3 to partner up Harley and have the dynamic duo hard nuts leading our midfield? Tempting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hotton I think will continue to slide. He’s a talent but just like Brayden George in his draft year clubs will be hesitant to take a kid coming off an ACL. George ended up at pick 26.
He's one I think would be a massive flight risk, lives local to me and close to his old man. Mines purely a hunch.

He'll no. There's nothing crows can offer us to not pick draper. He's the least riskiest mid out there and a need. Unless only a future first

Lalor at 3 would be ballsy. I like it. However, it's a huge risk but high ceiling. Lalor is a boom or bust type player. If we get Lalor at 3 we need some insurance.

If Lalor was to bust as a mid then the insurance of a tier 2 mid being the mid we gain in this draft is not ideal.

But a tier 2 mid + Tobie (slow burn mid) is the golden insurance

Smillie could be an interesting one with his size and strength alone, as a coach i called them 2 tackler players they draw 2 to the tackle, seeing as i already have Reid in this category it could create nightmares for other midfields match up wise

Are you sure about that?
I definitely saw Cal at about 4-5 Talent League games last year (and not all of them were in Melbourne).
I would be surprised if he had cut down substantially from last year.
Could of sworn I heard him say it somewhere I could be wrong as well however I’d be inclined to believe that his mail about Langford is from recruiters

Also said they have offered (I think he said upped) the contract to 2 years.
Would people be happy offering him a 3 or 4 year contract, and undoubtedly more money then GWS could offer?
Peatling is a no brainer if he is in fact available and interested. Right age profile at 24 to fill a gap in the list.

He'll no. There's nothing crows can offer us to not pick draper. He's the least riskiest mid out there and a need. Unless only a future first

Lalor at 3 would be ballsy. I like it. However, it's a huge risk but high ceiling. Lalor is a boom or bust type player. If we get Lalor at 3 we need some insurance.

If Lalor was to bust as a mid then the insurance of a tier 2 mid being the mid we gain in this draft is not ideal.

But a tier 2 mid + Tobie (slow burn mid) is the golden insurance
We have to remember we have hewett coming back so hewett and fos/draper is awesome. If we could somehow muster up that other top 10 pick a player with something unique like travaglia/lindsay/berry would be preferred but in saying that it'd be hard to pass on lalor if he was available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back