List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
We've seen your hands on the podcast mate, the closest you've come to working under a bonnet is opening the fuel cap.

Im getting real 'that's the joke' vibes but that's never stopped people around here before, so why has no-one else pointed out to you that the fuel cap isn't located under the bonnet?!

I know people are desperate for one of these top 3 mids but my god I'd die for Adelaide to swap picks with North so they could get Draper and then we take Trainor at 3. North would have to take another mid or trade out of the top 10, so we then offer them Barrass pick and future first for pick 4 and they'd be compelled to take it but pride would prevent them from doing so. :tearsofjoy:

I want a Gov replacement who actually plays as 3rd tall quarterback type and as West Coast tragic I just can't bear to see a top 10 ranked defender ever picked by another club. I'm fine with using the Barrass pick as the midfield options, maybe Bo Allen around there or someone who like Hewitt who isn't seen so much as a ready made. Don't really think we are have set this list up for the sort of game time a top 3 midfield pick is going to want straight off the bat, whereas Trainor can probably play from round one next year and represents something we are truly missing and an early teens mid can do a bit of proper in position WAFL work while we enjoy the twilight of Yeo-Kelly.

Im getting real 'that's the joke' vibes but that's never stopped people around here before, so why has no-one else pointed out to you that the fuel cap isn't located under the bonnet?!

They did, right after I failed that unit in the Tafe mechanics course.

This is my pre combine top 30 standings.
Alot different to others you'll see but that just shows how even the draft is.
1. Finn O'Sullivan 181cm mid
2. Levi Ashcroft 179cm Mid
3. Jagga Smith 181cm Mid
4. Murphy Reid 181cm Mid
5. Luke Trainor 194cm Def
6. Leonardo Lombard 178cm Mid
7. Sid Draper 180cm mid
8. Tobie Travaglia 187cm Util
9. Josh Smillie 194cm Mid
10. Sam Lalor 187cm Mid/fwd
11. Harvey Langford 190cm Fwd/Mid
12. Xavier Lindsay 183cm Mid
13. Christian Moraes 182cm Mid
14. Bo Allan 188cm Def/Mid
15. Isaac Kako 175cm Fwd
16. Alex Dodson 203cm Ruck
17. Joe Berry 180cm Fwd
18. Taj Hotton 182cm Mid
19. Jobe Shanahan 194cm Fwd
20. Harry Armstrong 195cm fwd
21. Matt Whitlock 199cm Util
22. Cooper Hynes 190cm Mid/Fwd
23. Ben Camporeale 184cm Mid
24. Jack Whitlock 200cm Fwd
25. Harry O'Farrell 196cm Def
26. Luke Urquhart 183m Fwd
27. Samual Marshall 185cm Mid
28. Noah Mraz 197cm Def
29. Tyler Welsh 191cm Fwd
30. Jonty Faull 194cm Fwd
Any reason you have FOS number 1? I know he's had his injuries but has put together a pretty mediocre year.

Right after you topped up the windscreen washing reservoir with unleaded?
One of the apprentices at work recently topped up the boss's car's windscreen washer fluid with water.
Or so he thought....what he'd actually topped up was the engine oil with water.
Luckily he realised before the boss started his car and dobbed himself in.

One of the apprentices at work recently topped up the boss's car's windscreen washer fluid with water.
Or so he thought....what he'd actually topped up was the engine oil with water.
Luckily he realised before the boss started his car and dobbed himself in.

Credit to him for admitting the mistake! Not sure how you could confuse the two but it sounds like he avoided a pretty big drama by raising the flag 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahaha, that's first thing I checked on him too. I really liked him through the champs, until Armstrong got hold of him against Vic Metro.
So a couple of things on that point:
1. Before this game I'd been chatting to James at a Pioneers game and he confirmed that he'd never played the role of defender prior to midway through this season (i.e. after the first round of the Champs). He was then thrown back for a couple of games for the Pioneers before subsequent Country matches. Therefore, I'm not surprised he's still learning the caper;
2. of the five goals Armstrong kicked he did kick 4 on Barrat (his final goal was on Matt Whitlock), however, of those four goals one was based on a very soft free kick where he simply lost position in the pack and the umpire (IMO) misjudged the contest. Two of the remaining goals Armstrong marked in space due to Barrat's Country teammates turning over the ball just outside their back 50, one of which, after Barrat took a good intercept mark deep in the back 50m (16 minutes into the 2nd quarter) and he kicked to Lindsay in space only for Lindsay to turn the ball over and the Metro boys chip inside to Armstrong. When play is immediately turned over around the 50m arc it is unsurprising that a new defender might be caught out of position.
So whilst this game was not great for Barrat I don't think it is the best indicator of what he can produce down back once settled there. And as indicated before I would think that he is close to the best contested mark at Talent League level (he is 2nd for total marks with 70 marks over 10 matches, one behind McInerney from the Knights who has played 13 games).

I honestly don't get the reference. I know what it's from but I couldn't tell if that means you are happy or not (Google didn't assist me either). Knowing you I know you are big on Lindsay so I presume that you would be happy with a draft of:
3. O'Sullivan
12. Travaglia
23. Lindsay
27. Mraz
59. Barrat

Lindsay at that pick might be a stretch, however, it wouldn't surprise me if certain teams prioritised talls (i.e. Armstrong, Shanahan, Whitlock x 2, Tauru, Dodson and Faull) and that may push certain midfield options towards our pick (i.e. Lindsay, Moraes or Hynes). So there's a small possibility of this outcome.
I’d be delighted. Agreed Lindsay won’t get to 23. Most of the talls you mentioned will go late 1R/very early 2R IMO so there’s a chance a player like Gross might get to 23 but I think Lindsay is too classy to be left after those talls. Lindsay’s my second choice if Tobie is gone with Barrass 1R or we split pick 3. I’d be very keen to make a play for Freo or GCS pick with Liam Ryan and/or future pick to get another selection there to get both TT and Lindsay. They’d give us a great attacking and penetrating option down the HBF/wing. Would also be very happy with Clancy Dennis at 59 but I know you’re big on Barrat and with good reason.

Credit to him for admitting the mistake! Not sure how you could confuse the two but it sounds like he avoided a pretty big drama by raising the flag 😂
Better than a tradie I had over that skulled half a bottle of terps before he realised it wasn’t water

Yeah, nfi how you would make the mistake unless you were completely unfamiliar with cars (which he wasn't), but he saved his job by admitting to it I reckon.

I’d be delighted. Agreed Lindsay won’t get to 23. Most of the talls you mentioned will go late 1R/very early 2R IMO so there’s a chance a player like Gross might get to 23 but I think Lindsay is too classy to be left after those talls. Lindsay’s my second choice if Tobie is gone with Barrass 1R or we split pick 3. I’d be very keen to make a play for Freo or GCS pick with Liam Ryan and/or future pick to get another selection there to get both TT and Lindsay. They’d give us a great attacking and penetrating option down the HBF/wing. Would also be very happy with Clancy Dennis at 59 but I know you’re big on Barrat and with good reason.
Assuming that we do get a mid at 3 and Tobie at 12, what are your thoughts on either:
1. keeping 23 and 27 (following this hypothetical trade with Hawthorn); or
2. trading them for a mid teens pick.
If (2) what player would be worth doing so for?
That is would you prefer Lindsay or Moraes and Mraz?

Floored to find out Ruscoe is as tall as 193cm.

Wouldn’t be particularly keen on either playing meaningful KPD minutes at AFL level. Surely better mature aged depth options out there.

Clurey but 198cm would be perfect as a fourth or fifth in line, everyone else is injured option. But 193cm concerns me.

Give me Trey Ruscoe over Josh Rotham as a third tall, any day.

That one move instantly makes our list better.

As for Clurey when I first heard of our interest in him I was disappointed and though WTF ........ and I still think that way.

James Peatling , oh yes please an emerging player that we should dangle some serious coin in front of, I would be stoked if we landed him.

Assuming that we do get a mid at 3 and Tobie at 12, what are your thoughts on either:
1. keeping 23 and 27 (following this hypothetical trade with Hawthorn); or
2. trading them for a mid teens pick.
If (2) what player would be worth doing so for?
Other than Tobie, Lindsay is the only player I’d take in the mid teens over pick 23 (Hynes/Oliver) and 27 (O’Farrell/Mraz/Gerreyn) that could realistically be available. I just think both can turn into magnificent players and leaders at the club.

I wouldn’t take Allan, Hotton, Moraes, Gross or any of the talls.

Joe Berry comes very, very close but I think we need to address other areas first. There’s huge value in 20s picks this year and I’d rather two picks there than a single pick in the teens in most circumstances. I’d want to be sure we could take a KPD like Dennis later in the draft too if we traded the 20s picks up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back