List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Schofield is trying to maintain credibility by being (appropriately) harsh on the Eagles. A bit like Xavier Ellis. If they were one of those guys that kept saying everything's going well and we'll be in finals next year then they'd look just like the homers in Victoria.

Has always struggled against players that are either quick on the lead (Curnow, Walker) or particularly tall (King brothers, Daniher, Hipwood).

Does his best work in packs and when able to work off his opponent (but has never been as good as Gov doing that).

I find he’s not suited to playing with Gov and he won a BnF off it when Gov was out most of 2022.

It’s not that he can’t defend those quick off the mark, I’m not sure he can even defend a lead because he too loose hoping for the bomb in. His weaknesses are minimised when he’s had a lockdown defender behind him and he can play looser.

Definitely takes more sexier (high flying) intercepts than Gov, but not as good at them overall.

I’d almost put the house on him getting his first AA blazer next year due to being less reliant on locking down and being under the Melbourne nose with his high flying intercepts.

I think Schofield is trying to maintain credibility by being (appropriately) harsh on the Eagles. A bit like Xavier Ellis. If they were one of those guys that kept saying everything's going well and we'll be in finals next year then they'd look just like the homers in Victoria.

Agree, trying too hard not to be bias so it comes off as him being a dickhead towards us. If he outright just supported us all the oppo fans would complain about him.

I think that if we are getting only picks in the high teens(speculative picks).... then we should just keep him... He's worth much more to us.

To be honest, now that the team has decided to play more then two quarters a week we don't look too bad... Only a a couple of midfield runners and a semi decent ruck away from trying to push for finals(if Barrass stays).... Otherwise add a competent defender to that list. (Hedwards not competent atm).

Keep the jets... Trade the plebs

Why can’t we have a homer or two to balance things out a bit?

Whilst I won’t mind trading TB due to everything that has been highlighted, we do hold the upper hand and we need to be suitably satisfied in a trade.

We only have to think back to Geelong reaming us in the TK trade - he was homesick with 2 children with special needs and they wouldn’t budge on a trade. He stayed an extra year.

TK was a pro and stayed for that year and didn’t spit the dummy, and I’m sure TB will do the same if it came to it.

At the end of the day, Hawks will have to pony up what is fair, and it won’t be a matter of “sorry we only have pick 15” as that won’t cut it. They’ll have to manufacture what we want provided it’s fair value.

After all their coach flew over during the season from Tassie straight after a game to speak with a contracted Barrass who was concussed so he’s got to be worth it!
I think about this every time the TB trade gets brought up. TK had legitimate reasons to be home, but Geelong and the Vic media did not give a hoot. Somehow, we need to take the L and let TB walk for nothing.

TB is contracted and does not have a genuine reason to need to move other than he wants (a deserved) increase in pay and length of contract. It works for us to get draft capital for someone who has value, but we do actually need to get something worthwhile; otherwise, what is the point??

Will Schofield is a vindictive bastard that will try and pick an small issue regarding the club. He’s not pleased cause TB is his mate. Pitty cause Schofield only won a flag cause of an actual talented player got hurt.

Hope you read this schoey 😘❤️
Settle.

Think he’s made it pretty clear his attitude to the club was, largely, it’s a job and they’re my employer. And by those standards, he did a terrific job. Decade+ of service, just shy of 200 games, in a range of roles.

As for the Grand Final itself - he was in the Norm Smith box seat at half time of that game.

Not everyone needs to love the media work, and he’s a pretty straight shooter so sometimes I’m not a fan of his takes, but that’s life. If every player we drafted gave us what Schoey gave us, we’d be the strongest team in footy bar none.

Settle.

Think he’s made it pretty clear his attitude to the club was, largely, it’s a job and they’re my employer. And by those standards, he did a terrific job. Decade+ of service, just shy of 200 games, in a range of roles.

As for the Grand Final itself - he was in the Norm Smith box seat at half time of that game.

Not everyone needs to love the media work, and he’s a pretty straight shooter so sometimes I’m not a fan of his takes, but that’s life. If every player we drafted gave us what Schoey gave us, we’d be the strongest team in footy bar none.
Please read my reply to Ty

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Settle.

Clearly bitter about some things that happened.

Needs to drop it in his public speech if for no other reason than being a credible commentator who can be listened to.

No one wants to listen to the biased ravings of a twisted individual.

Good Daz.

Would take that and run.

12ish and F1 for Barrass and F2 is a win to me. This has us getting another second back on top of that.

Would be a home run and absolutely will not happen, surely, but if it does you lodge the paperwork and unplug the phone.

I’m just hoping for their first and F1 for TB and our F2. I think that’s a great deal for us. Could actually see Hawks sliding a little next year with a much harder fixture and being the hunted rather than the hunter.

It’s proposed by a Hawks fan. The key is going to be their ladder position this year for the 1R. If they play finals that’s the kind of deal that I’d be looking for given they are adding TB and probably Battle.

If they miss finals 1R and Pies 2R I think is reasonable.

Would take that and run.

12ish and F1 for Barrass and F2 is a win to me. This has us getting another second back on top of that.

Would be a home run and absolutely will not happen, surely, but if it does you lodge the paperwork and unplug the phone.
Why not propose it and pay most of the salary? Give them a chance to land another FA big fish next year. We won’t need the money.

I'd say it would need to be - he's contracted for 3yrs
As mentioned above it will depend entirely on what their 1st rounder actually ends up being. It's currently 11, if they end up going deep in finals it could very well start rising towards the high teens.

Would take that and run.

Hawthorn is on an upward trajectory so the first round picks will not be that high.

Barrass is not as good as Jeremy Cameron but he is in the upper echelon of players and is at the top of his game.

Probably would have multiple AAs if he played for a Victorian club. The proposed trade is fair, even generous but he is a top level player as Hawthorn’s proposed contract shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back