List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
The funniest part of this whole thing is that Richmond are exactly where we were at in 2022 - thinking they’ll get away with ‘a mini-rebuild may be required’ to fix their squad.

That said, trading out Bolton, Baker and Rioli is not a mini rebuild - that’s a fire sale.

No they’re not.

There we were in 2022 and realised the list is shot and they need high quality picks in the door fast to start a full rebuild before Tassie comes in.

They’re doing what we should have done then.

If we're getting Graham to be a defensive midfielder then just get Dev with a token pick to play that role instead. I'd much prefer him.

Bolton to Freo will be pretty straight forward for one of their firsts. Perfect Walters replacement.

Graham is a hard worker and a grunt guy that could fill a role akin to Jayden Hunt in the backline. He’s played a lot of footy and played in 2 flags.

DR has never had more than 20 touches and once lost his jumper during a game.

You're not letting a contracted Shai Bolton go for 1 first rounder I don't think.

Richmond will probably ask for 9 and 10 and Freo offer 9 and 17.
Bolton is a cream on top player (sex life).

If they wouldn't accept 1 first rounder I'd be walking away, going again when he's uncontracted.

No they’re not.

There we were in 2022 and realised the list is shot and they need high quality picks in the door fast to start a full rebuild before Tassie comes in.

They’re doing what we should have done then.

They aren’t doing this by design - if it was up to them all 3 of their wantaways would be staying and supposedly Jack Graham too.

It’s been thrust upon them - but you are right, if they nail the picks then they won’t regret this in 3-4 years.

On Bolton - he’s a funny one. A great fit for Freo no doubt and would probably be great for us too…but there is just something about him that’s a bit…Des Headland?…

Might just be the guy to tip Freo over the edge though, it’s a worthy gamble on their behalf.

Bolton is a cream on top player (sex life).

If they wouldn't accept 1 first rounder I'd be walking away, going again when he's uncontracted.

He’s not uncontracted for 4 years though - signed one of those long contracts that mean less than nothing in the current system of ‘…yeah but now I changed my mind and want to leave…’.

He’s not uncontracted for 4 years though - signed one of those long contracts that mean less than nothing in the current system of ‘…yeah but now I changed my mind and want to leave…’.

Have another crack in 5 years when he's 30? Not sure Freo have that kind of luxury.
Woof, didn't realise he was contracted for so long.

He's an ideal player for Freo so maybe they will have to overpay a little. I'd go a first and a second.

The funniest part of this whole thing is that Richmond are exactly where we were at in 2022 - thinking they’ll get away with ‘a mini-rebuild may be required’ to fix their squad.

That said, trading out Bolton, Baker and Rioli is not a mini rebuild - that’s a fire sale.
Exactly my takeaway. They are not in a mini-rebuild, they are starting from scratch.

A first and second ain't overpaying.
It's robbery.
I mean it's a starting point, presumably they'll end up meeting somewhere in the middle.

If it's two firsts then something is coming back to Freo with Bolton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They’ll need to have room for a mega contract for old mate Glassjaw next year too.
I'm confused why some people mock Brayshaw for being hit by one of our players.

With school footy done for the year the APS boys are all back in the Talent League and gearing up for a big finals campaign to finish off season 2024. Murphy Reid celebrated his return with a massive game, finding the footy all over the ground and demonstrating his poise and confidence with the ball in hand. Sandy will be pushing to make it three Talent League titles in a row and Murphy will be in the thick of it.

He's a jet, I'd be tempted to use pick 3 on him despite the flight risk rumours. If he wasn't a flight risk, I'd use pick 3 in a heartbeat.

How would people feel if we offered Melbourne pick 3 for Petracca?

EDIT - I probably should wait a day or so after a loss like today to cool down before posting regarding trades etc...

Id offer pick 3, F1, jack petrucelle and jack darling for petracca.
I think Kerrpow may be joking but the original question was (I think) posted seriously.

If he was 21 I'd give pick 3. But he'll be 29 at the end of the year so that would be a total waste of pick 3.

Bolton wants to come home.

Package up darling, petrucelli, jamaine Jones, tom cole, witherden and Kelly for him?
Not enough?

I think Kerrpow may be joking but the original question was (I think) posted seriously.

If he was 21 I'd give pick 3. But he'll be 29 at the end of the year so that would be a total waste of pick 3.
Im absolutely joking. He'd be more incline to go to a vic club that would be in the mix for a premiership in the next few years.

If I am Freo, 9 10 and 17 is overs for both Baker and Bolton

Freo would do well to offer up the following

Out
Picks 9 10 17

In
Baker, Bolton, Richmond plus 2 x R2. Tigers not give up 20 but get their hands on a Suns R2 (say 34) and a F2

That might just be the what helps Freo get to top 2.

In effect, the Purples turn
Schultz, 23 (2023), 30 (Port got their R2 ironically now with Tigers) and 10 (own R1)
into
Bolton, Baker, 34 and F2 likely early 20's

Please may we stay clear of either player. If Graham supposedly wants to join his good mate in Perth, he comes as a modest FA to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back