List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Alot of list fillers on your list but when Tas h its these list fillers going to be picked up elsewhere unless Freo are careful

Even in this off season id be wary of Sam Sturt and if he stays even. Infact could be a part of any Shai Bolton trade if Sturts management was smart
Yeah look I'm very shocked we haven't re-signed Sturt yet, very concerning, should be a priority.

Think we just need to clear the junk like Corbett, Hughes, Taberner (who knows maybe Essendon or Melbourne are desperate enough to take him)

No they’re not.

There we were in 2022 and realised the list is shot and they need high quality picks in the door fast to start a full rebuild before Tassie comes in.

They’re doing what we should have done then.
They ain’t doing, the players are.

They are very keen to keep all 4 players. Just worked out perfect form them that the players the teams want to go to have the draft picks to get it done.

Ben browns retired ,Melbourne has room for another big log.. come on down Bailey Williams

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app
North Melbourne receive: 26, 33, F4
Melbourne receive: 28, Ben Brown, F4…45 games, 73 goals and a premiership KPF.

Hell of a trade, North, really accelerated that rebuild.

No they’re not.

There we were in 2022 and realised the list is shot and they need high quality picks in the door fast to start a full rebuild before Tassie comes in.

They’re doing what we should have done then.
That's a generous assessment of Richmond's actions and overly negative view of ours. We finished ninth in 2021; while in hindsight the second half fall was a sign of things to come, it wasn't unreasonable to think that we could still contend and build on the run given the injuries we had. By 2022, we had been disabused of that notion and began drafting with intent (splitting for Ginbey and Hewitt, adding Reid in 2023). There were probably a few trade options we could have pursued earlier, but many of our tradeable players were injured or in the age range we needed.

Now look at Richmond, dropped to 12th in 2021, should have been a sign they needed to rebuild, but jumped to seventh in 2022, and decided to add Hopper and Taranto at great cost, only to fall to 13th, at which point Dusty is now retiring and they are in a hole. The only players they are potentially unloading as it stands are Rioli and Bolton (Graham isn't their call as a free agent), which is only one more than our Barrass move.

The only real difference is they managed some canny pick trades to give themselves a shot at a decent haul this year. They certainly aren't a shining example of how we should have rebuilt.

If Draper is there at 3, no way am I splitting. I would probably stay put at 3 if Smith is still there although the premium would be lower to slide. Sunday reinforced to me that we need mids that get a lot of possessions week in week out.

Besides, any split would need to include a pick close to 3 and the difference is just not worth clubs trading up unless there is one stand out. Norf to me are the ones that could afford to slide back and will do it for likely lower premium. The Suns could easily tease them with one of their many picks to trade in or use as bait if they have a target ahead of the Lombard bid.

Richmond are likely to have a bucket load of R1 picks so can let the draft come to them or might pay a premium to get a certain player. I think with the range in the top 25 prospects, they will be able to pick for needs with little to no reaching.

Trainor might be a reason to move up but looking at the other KPDers that are likely to be there in the teens, I would just wait. Armstrong doing his ACL has scuppered any thoughts a club will reach for him earlier.

I understand your desire for Travaglia but we will have options. Example of Lindsay or Berry or even Gross at the Hawks R1 (this could be anywhere in the teens now) and then go again at 23 for an Oliver type or take a KPDer there and get Davis at 29.

In terms of the R4, we get to go again at R5 and R6 if there is still quality we like so I'd not pay too much a premium for a R4. Trading a F4 for a later R3 might be on the cards for the Suns but not sure who else
I’m probably battling eaglevision for number one ticket holder in the TT fan club but today have landed similar to what you’ve written here. While we may miss out on TT we will certainly be adding some very good talent at our picks.

At 3 I feel very comfortable with Draper then Lalor then more worried about some of the question marks on FOS and Jagga.

At the Barrass pick we’re certain to be adding one of TT, Lindsay or Berry which is a win no matter how it plays out.

I’m really hoping we don’t burn any seconds we have on player trades, just doesn’t feel like the draft to do it where those players appear to hold more value.

I’m starting to cool on Davis, think there’ll be better options where we’d need to pick him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apart from the issue of why would Petracca want to come to WC.

You think pushing out our 25 year old captain for a 29 year old mid whose coming off a catastrophic injury is a good idea?
Both have had history of injury... Trade works out list profile wise for both... Hell give Petracca captaincy if he wants

Really though?

It was 6 years ago, it’s historical banter now.
I might stick to the South Park 22.3 year rule. Or probably never.

I wasn't meaning to single you out, I hope you didn't interpret it that way.

Darcy will be the man to go, especially if Reidy is ready to go.

They will just hope he can stay on the park to not decrease his value too much

Bad signing - said it at the time.

Why would you tie so much money up in him - he’ll never stay fit.

Brennan Cox too - very tradable and on big money, long term.

Good luck to freo trying to convince another team to take him and his contract. Convinced they will have to throw draft picks in.

Shocking contract that.
A lot of journos say Cats are still keen.

Big year next year for him and Freo if they do want to off load for Warner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back