List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Who said it was purely down to them?

No one.

However without Chol, D'Ambrossio, Gunston, Frost and others Hawks would not be as competitive. Would they?

People who think that role players aren't important..........aren't thinking.
Hawks list of honest goers runa deep but they're fit and working as a team and that makes a difference.

I know we like taking the piss out of the purps for their >$2m ruck debacle, but would we be able to get a pick from them to salary dump Hodor?

He would ironically improve us more than English would have.
I hadnt considered it before, but yeah. Even being injury prone id still do it, id want a decent pick or a young player though

If Freo get bolton, and then Warner picks Freo, they might need some of that cap space.

Wait until next week it’ll be someone different.
tiny tim GIF

Is the club going to get dinkum and be decisive at the end of the season and promptly announce list changes a week or so after Round 24 once exit interviews have been done?

Or will they pissfart around for weeks and not announce delistings until well into the finals series and have a repeat of Trew/Dewar last season where it wasn’t announced until late November that they were being retained for 2024?

The deadwood is pretty easy to cull. I’d like the club to show a proactive approach by announcing the delistings by the pre-finals bye weekend.
It's not really that simple.

Firstly, no way they do it before the B&F.

Secondly, some delisting a may rely on other player movements, so whilst a few may go, don't expect much to happen prior to trade week, unless they're a dead cert to be delisted and there no external interest.

I know we like taking the piss out of the purps for their >$2m ruck debacle, but would we be able to get a pick from them to salary dump Hodor?

He would ironically improve us more than English would have.
I think he's still too an important player to Freo. Even though he's injury prone he would be a huge get for us given our ruck situation. As long as it cost next to no draft capital I would be all for it. I think we are dreaming if we think Freo will give us picks though.

This kid is a gem in this draft outside the top 30
Zac Johnson

Zak Johnson
185.2cm 78.5kg
Vertical (both feet): 60cm
Vertical L: 74cm
Vertical R: 63cm
5m: 1.069
10m: 1.764
20m: 2.986
Agility: 8.681
Yo-yo: 680

Super quick good agility and good kick also the youngest player in the draft

Is the club going to get dinkum and be decisive at the end of the season and promptly announce list changes a week or so after Round 24 once exit interviews have been done?

Or will they pissfart around for weeks and not announce delistings until well into the finals series and have a repeat of Trew/Dewar last season where it wasn’t announced until late November that they were being retained for 2024?

The deadwood is pretty easy to cull. I’d like the club to show a proactive approach by announcing the delistings by the pre-finals bye weekend.
Nope. We have a Rfa (Rotham) and need to see if anyone might want to trade lets say Jack Darling who many want to delist a year early.
Also we need to see who may be delisted and then figure how many spots we can open up.

This kid is a gem in this draft outside the top 30
Zac Johnson

Zak Johnson
185.2cm 78.5kg
Vertical (both feet): 60cm
Vertical L: 74cm
Vertical R: 63cm
5m: 1.069
10m: 1.764
20m: 2.986
Agility: 8.681
Yo-yo: 680

Super quick good agility and good kick also the youngest player in the draft
Rate him very highly. Would have been thereabouts with our 3R if we didn’t give it to Richmond. Have mentioned him for our Pick 59 a couple of times but will almost certainly be too late and everything in between likely to be eaten by a Champion bid.

Yeah look I'm very shocked we haven't re-signed Sturt yet, very concerning, should be a priority.

Think we just need to clear the junk like Corbett, Hughes, Taberner (who knows maybe Essendon or Melbourne are desperate enough to take him)
And here's me. Old enough to remember when Tabs was the Freo love child, great white hope and next best thing all rolled into one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whenever I see TT I only ever think of the great man, Trevor Torrance.

Sent from my Nokia X30 5G using Tapatalk
Okay, can we as a community all agree to refer to Tobie Travaglia as Trav instead of TT from now on?

Because every time I see those initials, my mind thinks of he who must not be named from Norf.
1724077007540.png

Yeah nah

WCE (5, Baker) (Barass, 23)

I'd rather give Baker a wide birth and we get pick 5

We then use pick 5 & 23 to roughly get: 9, 12 & 18

So go to the draft with 3, 9, 12; 18 & our 4th rounder
Unfortunately none of those picks really line up with a KPD prospect.

If we either chase Dodson with 18 or split 18 for 2 2nd rounders so we can get a KPD without reaching thatd be a great draft hand

I still dont get the TT hype
The best endurance player in the draft, exceptional defensively, reads the ball well in the air and a great contested mark, has a good burst off pace, very good decision maker, leadership capabilities, good football mind, perfect for HBF/wing (where we lack), is tall and will fill out and put on muscle with a couple of preseasons. Oh, and also he's a ripper kid and the consummate professional to boot.
Travaglia post.jpg

Last edited:
Hawks list of honest goers runa deep but they're fit and working as a team and that makes a difference.
Fit, career years, at maximum momentum with a pretty blessed run of injuries.

Get that F1 West Coast, I beg.

The best endurance player in the draft, exceptional defensively, reads the ball well in the air and a great contested mark, has a good burst off pace, very good decision maker, leadership capabilities, good football mind, perfect for HBF/wing (where we lack), is tall and will fill out and put on muscle with a couple of preseasons. Oh, and also he's a ripper kid and the consummate professional to boot.
View attachment 2085223
And ultra consistent yeah? Never plays a bad game
Seems like he is as close to a gaurantee to succeed at Afl level for a bloke you’d get around pick 10 as is possible

Fit, career years, at maximum momentum with a pretty blessed run of injuries.

Get that F1 West Coast, I beg.
If we're being aggressive, we're going after two firsts. I know there's talk of 13 + 27 for Barrass but I'd rather try for something like Barrass + F2 for 13 + F1. Slightly less value for us but Hawthorn would need an incentive to part with the extra first as we should have better upside in this trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back