List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait until next week it’ll be someone different.

Loop Trump GIF

TT is exactly what our list needs.

Has been the case for months.

And that wont change.

If we can land either a Draper / Lalor and TT I will be a very happy Eagles fan come draft night.

Harry Edwards is the second coming of Trent Carroll.

23 and we give him 3 more seasons......

Seriously, our list management is atrocious.

Key defenders are at a premium and he’s been very good at AFL level this year.

If you’ve got a better plan for the impending departure of Barrass I’m all ears? I think they got this one right, especially with strong interest from other clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And here's me. Old enough to remember when Tabs was the Freo love child, great white hope and next best thing all rolled into one.
Love child is putting it a bit strong, it was more we had nobody ****ing else and he was the best of a mediocre group. But old Tabsy's time has passed.

And here's me. Old enough to remember when Tabs was the Freo love child, great white hope and next best thing all rolled into one.
I'm eastern states based so don't go out of my way to watch Freo, but i always though Tabs was good (or at least flashed a lot of potential), but his body let him down constantly.

Chock full of confidence after his exploits at VFL level, Jagga Smith returned to Talent League play with a bang, racking up over 40 possessions in a dominant display. His craft at stoppage is unmatched at this level, and he used it to drive his chargers team forward throughout the game. He was involved in everything in general play, from helping to rebound out of defense to threading balls onto the chest of leading forward and even snagging a goal himself.

Chock full of confidence after his exploits at VFL level, Jagga Smith returned to Talent League play with a bang, racking up over 40 possessions in a dominant display. His craft at stoppage is unmatched at this level, and he used it to drive his chargers team forward throughout the game. He was involved in everything in general play, from helping to rebound out of defense to threading balls onto the chest of leading forward and even snagging a goal himself.

He's dominant there is no doubt about it.

His complate lack of ability to add to his frame in 2 years is a huge worry. His average kicking also isn't what a club like the WCE need. Particularly when he's already finished high school last year and his 100% focus has been on footy this year.

He sure as shit is slippery and can find the ball though.

Gun
Really hoping him or Draper are available at 3

Loop Trump GIF

TT is exactly what our list needs.

Has been the case for months.

And that wont change.

If we can land either a Draper / Lalor and TT I will be a very happy Eagles fan come draft night.
Mate it was a joke.
How many times on here is someone the flavour of the week or month then someone mentions how good another player is then that’s the new favourite.

I think he’d be perfect for us but who knows what our recruiting team is thinking.

He's dominant there is no doubt about it.

His complate lack of ability to add to his frame in 2 years is a huge worry. His average kicking also isn't what a club like the WCE need. Particularly when he's already finished high school last year and his 100% focus has been on footy this year.

He sure as shit is slippery and can find the ball though.
Whats wrong with his kicking? Lacking penetration?
Looks pretty good from what I've seen. Especially his field kicking, good vision and touch.

Would you prefer hawks future first or that future first + 23 and our future second to GC for pick 5?
So
Pick 12 (Hawks F1), Pick 23 (This year), Pick 21 (our future second)

Or

Pick 5 (this year)

Lopsided trade points wise.....

1724117255103.png

Even if Hawks won the flag its lopsided points wise. Think we'd be able to find better value packaging up picks with Academy/Father Son clubs.
1724117300964.png

Whats wrong with his kicking? Lacking penetration?
Looks pretty good from what I've seen. Especially his field kicking, good vision and touch.

His kicking is inconsistent, penetration mildly and like a lot of players at speed or on long kicks it's more to an area as opposed to where a player is going to be. It's not a huge weakness but it's not a strength. Right now and into the future the eagles have a huge issue in regards to kicking ability all over the ground.

Also the biggest interest in Ryan wasn't from the suns but someone else however that no longer looks like a major option and certainly no longer their first choice for that role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back