List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe, but would you take pick 6, F1st and something else from GC for pick 3?
I can't imagine it would be 6, F1 and something else. More like 6 and F1 for 3 and F2. That trade is reasonable on paper but I don't see us splitting pick 3 unless it is for two first rounders this year and even then, most of this board seems pretty set on one of the first 4-5 prospects.

Keen for Harley to pick up one of our players and just steamroll through the entire opposition.

Then go back to make sure he bowls over someone he missed.
Bonus points for doing so while wearing a Mr Plow jacket

Jack Martin out of contract and no offer as yet from Carlton?
Injury prone yes but if he can come cheap and finally get his body right, big if I know, he could be a bargain get.

Remember how highly he was rated in his draft year.

Definitely no spud, except for said injuries.

1b8cf790363485246fe63c7c4707db32.jpg

Not drilling into the specifics of the trade but Petracca to the Suns would be ideal for the AFL’s love child.

Lukosius along with 6 and the Doggies R1 and the AFL come in and classify $500k pa of the salary as ambassadorial. AFL might even grease the tracks for additional incentive

Dees have 3 x R1 (5, 6 and mid teens) picks along with a ready made key forward.

It allows Petracca to expand his Gold Coast foodie social media empire and provide the Suns with a genuine game winner.

Has Trac had enough of the Dees softclock culture? Him at the Suns and they are playing finals! Is Trac the missing 20%? Is he wanting the big club ego boost that only the big VIC teams can deliver?
The big question is, can he leave and forgo nona's weekly spag bog?

I think we all know the answer.

Just watched the segment on Footy Classified where McClure claims that some of the reasons Petracca wants to leave are because he wants to play for a big club in front of big crowds, and to enhance his "brand" further.

Painted him in a pretty damning light.

That said... it's Sam McClure, so he probably pulled it out of his arse.
The second anyone takes anything mcclueless seriously we're all in trouble

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

In looking at trade, FA and draft, here is a list I keep of players by position by AFL readiness.

In red are players in doubt. I include Sheed as I am not sure he will ever get to be AFL fit again, Barrass as there is high expectation of being traded and Jamieson as he cannot stay on the park and I would not be surprised if we delist and cough up his 2025 salary anyway. The rest of the red are out of contract.

1724728772122.png

In looking at trade, FA and draft, here is a list I keep of players by position by AFL readiness.

In red are players in doubt. I include Sheed as I am not sure he will ever get to be AFL fit again, Barrass as there is high expectation of being traded and Jamieson as he cannot stay on the park and I would not be surprised if we delist and cough up his 2025 salary anyway. The rest of the red are out of contract.

View attachment 2093458
Good list. From what I have seen, I reckon Dewar could probably push into Ready Depth column. Big on that kid.

View attachment 2093458
Great list.

What's it like to worry about your 'brand' I wonder. Just something I can't wrap my head around.

Apparently, Petracca has a strong online brand associated with cooking videos he posts on TikTok and Instagram.

I mean, I know footballers should be encouraged to branch out and develop post-football career pathways. But posting cooking videos can be a future career?

Seriously?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack Martin out of contract and no offer as yet from Carlton?
Injury prone yes but if he can come cheap and finally get his body right, big if I know, he could be a bargain get.

Remember how highly he was rated in his draft year.

Definitely no spud, except for said injuries.
injury prone player who has come no way close to his hype 12 years ago, yes 12 years. he will be wrong side of 30 when he suits up next year.
hard pass. exactly the type of player we need to avoid like the plague.

What's it like to worry about your 'brand' I wonder. Just something I can't wrap my head around.
It's kinda humourous to reflect on Petracca being surrounded by drugs and doing Cash Converters ads

If the rumour about Ivan Soldo wanting out of Port has any legs, we absolutely need to explore that possibility.

A strong performance from Hamish Davis helped Claremont qualify for the finals in last game of the WAFL regular season. He predominantly played high half forward with some run on a wing, and was able to show his endurance and dash up and down the ground. He was clean in swooping on loose balls and strong overhead, slotting three goals and showing why he's one of the most highly rated prospects in the 2024 WA crop.

Good list. From what I have seen, I reckon Dewar could probably push into Ready Depth column. Big on that kid.
Fair call on Dewar

What we need is for a bunch of our 2021 - 2023 draftees jumping up to that point. It is going to take time and patience on our draftees and we can expect some flops.

So far in 2021
14 Chesser - looks a bust in not being R1 worthy but is looking more like a role player or depth
31 Hough - AFL ready :whitecheck:
37 Bazzo - developing
57 J Williams - AFL ready bordering on depth:whitecheck:
62 Greg Clark - delisted
Rookies none
Cat B - Baker - developing very slowly
Cat B - Dewar - developing and looking positive :whitecheck:

9 Ginbey - AFL ready:whitecheck:
14 Hewett - developing with ??? on foot
23 Barnett - developing with ??? on will he make it
29 Burgiel - developing with injury concerns
58 Long - AFL ready:whitecheck:
Rookies no new, only recycled

1 H Reid - AFL ready:whitecheck:
30 A Reid - developing and looking positive:whitecheck:
38 Hall - developing
49 Johnston - developing and looking positive:whitecheck:
Rookies Rawlinson - developing
Cat B Livingstone - developing

SO over 3 years and 18 selections, I have a tick on 8 of them. Only 5 of these are AFL ready with a couple bordering

Having Ben Simmons as an example on how to handle your career is not exactly an astute choice.

He’s making a ridiculous amount of money and barely has to turn up. Sounds like a dream tbh.

Angus Sheldrick is alot more of a option then media/people wanna realise you will find. I dont think Garcia/Carrol are the actual options we are chasing
Adding Sheldrick and Dev/Peatling would be the dream midfield fix up offseason. Probably could both be done with a single 2nd round pick

Then go draft FOS or Lalor to play off HB/HF and we're on

Keen for Harley to pick up one of our players and just steamroll through the entire opposition.

Then go back to make sure he bowls over someone he missed.
Shoutout to the GOAT, Michael Turner.

IMG_1335.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back