List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there any decent wingers in this draft.Wouldnt mind a quality wingman or 2,which I think would really help.

Somebody like Windsor from Melbourne,a player who can run and carry and break the lines,preferably with pace(is that too much to ask for?).
Lindsay is probably pick of the bunch who could be targetted at the hawks R1 pick.

Not 100% but potentially Davis at the second round or Artemis much later, even at a rookie pick.

could also look to fill this role next year with Swadling.

Id still like a second one tbh, as long as they can do another role as well

Peatling and Dev would be nice pick ups IMO. Right age and profiles.

They add depth on ball and defensive run with options that would cost very little in draft capital.

Then we load up on attacking classier mids with our 1st rounders.

Lindsay is probably pick of the bunch who could be targetted at the hawks R1 pick.

Not 100% but potentially Davis at the second round or Artemis much later, even at a rookie pick.

could also look to fill this role next year with Swadling.
Lindsay certainly sticks out around that likely Hawks picK 12 to 14ish.

Travagalia likely goes a bit earlier. Same with Bo Allen but he could be there. Then there are some tall forwards we dont have a need for and a couple of flight risky types around that spot. And an Essendon NGA.

I would not be shocked if Richmond are eyeing two of the expected top 3 players and speak with us (once they receive the picks from GC and Freo for Rioli and Bolton).

I would not be shocked if Richmond are eyeing two of the expected top 3 players and speak with us (once they receive the picks from GC and Freo for Rioli and Bolton).
Have heard they are keen for FOS and Jagga to stay together. Could easily offer North 6 and 10 for 2 and take both. North could probably still get Shanahan and Trainor.

Tigers exit interviews starting up.
lemmings GIF

Something like 3 for 6 and 10, and then 23 for Baker?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have heard they are keen for FOS and Jagga to stay together. Could easily offer North 6 and 10 for 2 and take both. North could probably still get Shanahan and Trainor.

Time to prod.

Something like 3 for 6 and 10, and then 23 for Baker?

I'd for 3 for 6 and 10, think most would. I'd keep 23, hope we got 30 in the deal for barrass and just hit the draft.

I'd for 3 for 6 and 10, think most would. I'd keep 23, hope we got 30 in the deal for barrass and just hit the draft.

Well I would too, but I think it’s sounding more likely than not that we’ll trade for Baker.

Hopefully I’m wrong and he decides to stay put.

Well I would too, but I think it’s sounding more likely than not that we’ll trade for Baker.

Hopefully I’m wrong and he decides to stay put.

I also hope he decides on Freo or to stay.

If the opportunity came up to swap 3 for 6+10 we should definitely take it.

If the offer happened to be something like 6+14(brisbanes 1st that richmond should try to trade up for) would we still take it? Lalor+Lindsay for example?

3 and 23 for Baker and 6 and 10. I'd do that. 3 and 23 could effectively get us

Add the Hawks to get us say 14 and 29

6 - a chance that Lalor is still there (and Drapper according to Cal in August)
10 - Travaglia or Lindsay
14 - Berry or Hynes or perhaps a tall
29 - a KPD or Davis or pick you favourite in that range

Ideally
Out 3 23 Barrass
In Baker Lalor Travaglia Hynes and Mraz

Lets face it, I would prefer 6 and 10 for 3 and skip the Baker keeping 23 and add Gross instead of Baker.

Watching Freo bundle out of the finals with an injured Pearce, Draper and Cox both average in my opinion and Ryan as there third tall I’d be going hard at Barrass if I was the unwashed.

TB at Full back with Pearce at Centre half back and Cox as the third tall if required, Draper as depth.

Chances are probably very low we just don’t deal with them much. Plus it would be hard to watch TB in purple.

Barrass for 10 & 25

It will be better than the picks we get from the Hawks. If the dockers can’t afford him pitch in some salary and up the picks.

Eagles F2, Barrass plus part salary for 10,F1 & Knobel

To me the drop off of Walter’s has been significant over the last few years and Bolton fixes that and has already requested a trade.

Bolton for 9 & 17

Last edited:
Hoping Baker stays at Richmon, he wont Richmond are to shrewd to get stuck with a few older players knowing they are going into a full rebuild. To take Baker now would be one huge backward step for the eagles of course he will improve our team now, but by the time we are chasing a top 4 position he will not be on our list. Hopefully our club is not silly enough to give up picks for him unless its pick 50 then that would be O/K.

Hoping Baker stays at Richmon, he wont Richmond are to shrewd to get stuck with a few older players knowing they are going into a full rebuild. To take Baker now would be one huge backward step for the eagles of course he will improve our team now, but by the time we are chasing a top 4 position he will not be on our list. Hopefully our club is not silly enough to give up picks for him unless its pick 50 then that would be O/K.

Baker is 26.

You don’t think he’ll be on our list in 2028 when he’s 30, or you don’t think we’ll be chasing a top 4 spot by then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back