List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
He's a flash in pan, goes missing a lot and then has no discipline. He can't and won't ever go into the midfield full time. Just another liam Ryan. So, if we do trade Ryan out then use that pick for Pickett. But no giving off any round one picks for him. We need consistant ball winning mids and need to draft 2 of them this draft.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
Pickett debuted in the Covid shortened season. He’s played four regular length seasons.

All four have resulted in more goals than Ryan’s best season. Pickett’s worst full season was 36 goals. Ryan’s best ever? 30 goals.

Ryan’s best six seasons combined? 132 goals. Pickett’s worst four seasons (including Covid) combined? 120 goals.

To put it mildly, he is every bit as good as Liam Ryan’s All Australian season, has been more durable, and far more consistent over a period of years. And in 2025, with this version of Ryan? Not even close.

If he wants to come home and Baker nominates us I’m pretty confident he’ll be coming too and yes he nominated a 6 month contract, not an 18 month contract.

Hutch and Blight have shown to be the best two picks from that draft IMO.

Logan Evans is by far the best from that draft so far.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

WCE_phil or BOND 007 I know it's early days but have the Eagles given Matt Clarke a free run to take ownership of the list when it comes to delistings and trades? Or Is Pyke also taking an interest in the list and wanting to have the final say?
I know in the past it has been mentioned that Trevor Nisbett was a micromanager. I would be keen to get both of your thoughts on whether Pyke is difference in this regard? I also would like to know with whom my frustrations should lie with if the trade and draft season does not go exactly as per my dreamt up scenario

WCE_phil or BOND 007 I know it's early days but have the Eagles given Matt Clarke a free run to take ownership of the list when it comes to delistings and trades? Or Is Pyke also taking an interest in the list and wanting to have the final say?
I know in the past it has been mentioned that Trevor Nisbett was a micromanager. I would be keen to get both of your thoughts on whether Pyke is difference in this regard? I also would like to know with whom my frustrations should lie with if the trade and draft season does not go exactly as per my dreamt up scenario

I can't comment publicly. Sorry.

Hold up, as far as I can see, is the only source for this Pickett--WCE stuff Tom Morris seemingly guessing us?

Seems like no point even thinking much about it yet.

Whilst I agreed earlier turns out he is apparently pretty good with Dees stuff.

Pickett & 5

Waterman (and we pay his current contracted salary) & 23

That's how you destroy culture IMO.

Pushing out an emerging top line tall forward. Father son who refused to speak with any other clubs and wants to stay.

Has a great attitude and work ethic.

For Kosi Pickett. Who I question from a character quality point of view.

Quality tall forward v quality small forward.

Hold up, as far as I can see, is the only source for this Pickett--WCE stuff Tom Morris seemingly guessing us?

Seems like no point even thinking much about it yet.

I don’t like Tom Morris at all. Comes across as a slimy little campaigner

That said, he does seem to have good sources and a lot of what he’s said has been on the money of late

So there’s a good chance Pickett might prefer to join us but there’s a hell of a lot of water to go under the bridge before that becomes a reality

I don’t like Tom Morris at all. Comes across as a slimy little campaigner

That said, he does seem to have good sources and a lot of what he’s said has been on the money of late

So there’s a good chance Pickett might prefer to join us but there’s a hell of a lot of water to go under the bridge before that becomes a reality

Lets face facts too. We could offer him $1M more than Freo next year and not even affect our cap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quick how do we delete 8 pages of thread
Serong, Jackson, Darcy, Cox, Ryan, Young, with Brayshaw due a new deal. Plus the two young KPFs. Possibly others I've forgotten.

Plus Bolton, plus Pickett.

Scary lineup, also nfi how it'd fit under the cap.

Serong, Jackson, Darcy, Cox, Ryan, Young, with Brayshaw due a new deal. Possibly others I've forgotten.

Plus Bolton, plus Pickett.

Scary lineup, also nfi how it'd fit under the cap.

Freo are chasing for positional need and expect at least 1 player out via trade.

They also seem to have no issue in burning potential players coming in and sending them back to their original club.

With Freo it's best to think of certains players being a redundacy if trade 1 doesn't happen, trade 2 doesn't happen etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back