List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like actual AFL players not agreeing with your optimistic approach.

Hell, we can’t even get a coach.

I reckon this is a genuine furphy.

Carr and Cox I have no doubt we called, but they have pretty good reasons to stay put.

The others like Graham, Hansen etc. No guarantee we even called them, they just said they weren't applying. Both may know how we do things and took the lack of calls as understanding they probably weren't in the hunt, which at least for Graham I hope is the case.

How do we do that without having picks as good as Freo's?
Bluff about offering pick 1 or F1?
We don't even have Hawthorn's picks yet.
It all depends on what they offer for Bolton and what is leftover.

Use our F1st or split this years.

After the Bolton deal Freo will need to either use a F1st or get another somehow for Pickett.

If Freo get both Bolton and Kozi and we end up with just Baker, especially paying more than a 3rd.

I'm going to make the ****ing world burn ❤️‍🔥

Game Of Thrones GIF

Game Of Thrones Fire GIF

And by the way, ALL players who want to come home should want to play for the Dockers. Literally the last game we played we were losing by ONE HUNDRED POINTS at half time. We have no right to think we're a destination club of anything right now.

And by the way, ALL players who want to come home should want to play for the Dockers. Literally the last game we played we were losing by ONE HUNDRED POINTS at half time. We have no right to think we're a destination club of anything right now.

But we're the kings of the big game?

How do we do that without having picks as good as Freo's?
Bluff about offering pick 1 or F1?
We don't even have Hawthorn's picks yet.
It all depends on what they offer for Bolton and what is leftover.

Fremantle are targeting multiple players or interest from multiple players. Bolton, Baker and now Kozi. 10, 11 & 17 isn't enough to land Bolton and Kozi. They'll need to bring 2025 picks into play, and those picks won't value highly if Bolton & Pickett are set to join.

If Fremantle are tied down with Bolton we can get involved with Kozi, we can leave Richmond on the cooler with respect to Baker and see if he gets caught up with a trade to Fremantle. If it happens that Fremantle tie up all their capital with respect to Bolton & Kozi, then they're out of the equation with Baker and Richmond are left dealing with one club.

Our priority should be Barrass & Hawthorn, while disrupting Kozi and Bolton. If we nail the Barrass trade, we'll have a lot more trade currency to work with than Fremantle with half the targets.

Anyone can be a day trader.

TBH it's an unethical way to earn a living IMO. You aren't actuallyproducing or contributing anything to society and the economy. Just skimming and taking risks on daily fluctuations in the market.
Capital markets need capital to operate, that is a fundamental feature of our economy. This capital allows the business that exist which employ people and generate revenues which are taxed. A day trader is just a cog in that system, but they contribute toward providing the market, which is just as crucial as the employee who works for the company that they invest in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What if this causes to Freo drop out and Kosi agrees to join us. You'd use pick 3 or F1 to get him (even through a split)?

12 & Future 1st for Kozi and future 2nd.

Jump Melbourne on the ladder in 2025 and sail into the sunset.

Nah, greatwhiteshark is right, we need to fix our midfield. We need to use pick 3 on the highest rated midfielder available
Personally wouldn’t be that fazed if we slide from pick 3 to pick 6 as part of a Pickett deal. Will still be a couple of the top mids available.
Sliding any further wouldn’t be such a good idea as it starts to fall outside of that top group.

Two of Smillie, Lalor or Langford will most likely be still on the board at pick 6. There isn’t much between that group and the group that will be available at pick 3 in all honesty.

Edit Dee’s hold pick 5 not 6.

Last edited:
So Baker has said publicly hat he wants to make suitably compensated.

Pickett and Bolton to Freo makes huge sense so Baker looks they might drop out.

I would offer them our F2 a get a deal to Tigers that generates band 3

Options
1) F2 + a generated FA pick after Tigers current 21 so assume it is 22

or

2) Late teens + and a generated FA compo after end R2 so assume it is 40

The prospects in this year's draft at the 17 to 23 are pretty even. From Tigers perspective, I would agree to F2 and band 3.
If we insist on trading for him this is probably the best we’re going to do. I’d ask for a pick in the 40s to come back (preferably our own 3R) to help a Champion match. They have plenty of them.

And as we all know, when players are deciding to move clubs the primary factor they take into account is how a club did in its second-most-recent half of football.

Capital markets need capital to operate, that is a fundamental feature of our economy. This capital allows the business that exist which employ people and generate revenues which are taxed. A day trader is just a cog in that system, but they contribute toward providing the market, which is just as crucial as the employee who works for the company that they invest in.

What?

Day traders buy and sell the same day. Overnight the cash sits safely in their trading accounts not providing working capital.

Skimming.

They do not invest.

Anyway wrong forum to discuss.

Off season we can create one when we get bored. :thumbsu:

If Keys allows it.;):rolleyes:

Personally wouldn’t be that fazed if we slide from pick 3 to pick 6 as part of a Pickett deal. Will still be a couple of the top mids available.
Sliding any further wouldn’t be such a good idea as it starts to fall outside of that top group.

Two of Smillie, Lalor or Langford will most likely be still on the board at pick 6. There isn’t much between that group and the group that will be available at pick 3 in all honesty.
Correction - Melbourne have pick 5. Therefore it is a jump up of only 2 spots.

I love the idea but doubt even Melbourne would realise the difference between 3 and 5 is not that great

So Baker has said publicly hat he wants to make suitably compensated.

Pickett and Bolton to Freo makes huge sense so Baker looks they might drop out.

I would offer them our F2 a get a deal to Tigers that generates band 3

Options
1) F2 + a generated FA pick after Tigers current 21 so assume it is 22

or

2) Late teens + and a generated FA compo after end R2 so assume it is 40

The prospects in this year's draft at the 17 to 23 are pretty even. From Tigers perspective, I would agree to F2 and band 3.

Baker stated a late 2nd wouldn't be enough.

An early 2nd fits that. This years or next?

Not worth a 1st.

For a 2nd, even an early one like ours we get a clear B22 player. That is worth it (F2 preferred).

If we recruit more high quality mids that overtake him he can play both small fwd and small back. Mid, small forward, small back - outside of ruck they are our 3 greatest list needs. He would be a lock in our b22 for 4 years probably longer.

Yep, his disposal is not his greatest strength, but the reality is with b graders you have to accept their deficiencies. We still need to add role players while we seek A graders through the draft.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
So more Dom Sheed, Liam Duggan, Jamie Cripps, Elliot Yeo, Jayden Hunt types? Maha. Thats the obvious road to success. Has worked so well for the last few years. :rolleyes:

Gun Pie my backside

Talk about posting for clicks from the black and white army. A mid season recruit from the 2022 intake and he has played just 9 games and averaging 11.4 disposals a game and 0.7 goals a game.

1724912272885.png

Compare him to Ryan Maric
1724912526756.png

I am picking Ryan every day of the week and even as a biased West Coast fan, I would not be headlining him as a GUN (yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back