Game Day Crows V Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

For the record with Thilthorpe, he played 80% of his time in the ruck (Strachan didn't play) yesterday, was taking contested marks all over the ground and kicked 4 goals. He'll get there and him getting some time as the no.1 ruck will be very beneficial long term.

Called it, and no, it won't be a beneficial thing. If we're playing our cards right (which right now we aren't), we wouldn't even have Thilthorpe rucking in 2-3 years. This is just more proof that there is absolutely nothing in the SANFL for Thilthorpe and the club has decided to embrace being stupid again by not selecting him for the trip to GWS.

Not confident at all. Reckon a close(ish) loss at best or a blow out is on the cards. If we snooze at any point it will be the latter.

The last flogging at home is too fresh in my mind and I think we may have been sucked in by pre season wins.

Change my mind.

the Freo effort was ok and it's hard to line up west coast. They were close to winning away but it was against the worst team in about 2 decades. But have North improved under one of the best coaches of the modern era. GWS have been fragile the last year or 2 and we have generally been a very hardworking 22 under Nicks. So they'll need to work hard and probably need to play their better footy to beat us. GWS to win or lose by up to 10 goals. Mind changed?

Called it, and no, it won't be a beneficial thing. If we're playing our cards right (which right now we aren't), we wouldn't even have Thilthorpe rucking in 2-3 years. This is just more proof that there is absolutely nothing in the SANFL for Thilthorpe and the club has decided to embrace being stupid again by not selecting him for the trip to GWS.

RT needs to earn his spot, he didn’t do enough admiring the trial games to put his selection beyond doubt

No young player should have a gold pass, players need to play on the edge, earn their spot and keep their spot

Berry is a great example of this, started 2022 in the sanfl, went back and improved his game and came in absolutely ready to perform

For me is not about the goals for RT, it’s about his level of competitiveness and using his size, he needs to own his performances and make a real presence

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RT needs to earn his spot, he didn’t do enough admiring the trial games to put his selection beyond doubt

No young player should have a gold pass, players need to play on the edge, earn their spot and keep their spot

Berry is a great example of this, started 2022 in the sanfl, went back and improved his game and came in absolutely ready to perform

For me is not about the goals for RT, it’s about his level of competitiveness and using his size, he needs to own his performances and make a real presence

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

is it just the young players that need to play on edge and earn their spot and keep their spot? Gold passes are ok for older players though because of??? Continuity.... experience..... non-statistical roles.....selection integrity.....running patterns....Are there any other excuses that you use for embracing older players being selected whilst not performing?

is it just the young players that need to play on edge and earn their spot and keep their spot? Gold passes are ok for older players though because of??? Continuity.... experience..... non-statistical roles.....selection integrity.....running patterns....Are there any other excuses that you use for embracing older players being selected whilst not performing?
It is more difficult for young players to find form at AFL level

if I had to bet at evens, my $ would be on Laird, Keays and Berry. I'd like you to be right, but I reckon Rachele is less likely than Sloane.
yeah I reckon Ben will be in early, and then pinch hit behind Soligo and Harry after the first 10 minutes. I dont mind it, just to try and cool their mids early. Kelly/Coniglio/Green pretty good starting combo.

I know the VFL dont control the weather, but nice we are playing in 34 degree heat with a short back up to Bytchmond next Saturday.

Will see how good our supposed fitness is then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Crows V Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Back