Review Dees v Maggies Götterdämmerung - the Twilight of the Gods: the good, bad bad and fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually think that at our best we're still the best team in the competition. We've had to deal with some of our guns (e.g. Sparrow and Spargo) missing various chunks of the season and our greatest player ever in Oliver having an interrupted pre-season. Our system still stacks up, Goodwin is still an elite coach who's had things go against him, and...

...Oh wait nevermind, I forgot that this isn't demonland

Lol we finished on 57 points again. We are like Ross Lyons teams except they made 3 GFs and we suck a bag of dicks
I was going to say Roos era swans

But now i feel like saying neither because despite both Roos Swans and Lyon's Saints/Early Dokers. They could actually unleash their forwards every now and then after repeated defend and grind. We never do

I actually think that at our best we're still the best team in the competition. We've had to deal with some of our guns (e.g. Sparrow and Spargo) missing various chunks of the season and our greatest player ever in Oliver having an interrupted pre-season. Our system still stacks up, Goodwin is still an elite coach who's had things go against him, and...

...Oh wait nevermind, I forgot that this isn't demonland
On demonland we wish upon injuries to opposition players because we're fickle about preserving a record

BUT DON'T YOU DARE TALK ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT MELBOURNE

On demonland we wish upon injuries to opposition players because we're fickle about preserving a record

BUT DON'T YOU DARE TALK ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT MELBOURNE
F/me spargo and gun in the same sentence. Job done, should have lost last week. If out of the 8, get as low as you can go. Its about draft picks. Good loss tonight, refused to watch

F/me spargo and gun in the same sentence. Job done, should have lost last week. If out of the 8, get as low as you can go. Its about draft picks. Good loss tonight, refused to watch
Mate your pure hatrid of Spargo is respectable

First quarter was diabolical and the frustrating thing was you knew we were never coming back because a) our style is shit and b) our forward entries are terrible. To me the latter stood out far more. There were times when we actually moved the ball well, only to just turn it over. River's long bomb to a flooded pocket sums up the brain-dead mentality. It's a shit option particularly when the tallest player in the afl is sitting there and JVR had a clear leading lane straight infront of goal. The club wants to recruit Waterman a player that needs to get on to good leads, get ****ed. Even my partner who knows nothing about footy shook her head in one of the entries. She said there were two melbourne players that allowed the Collingwood player to mark. I said that it wasn't there fault, the melbourne player just did a shit kick that was to the Collingwood player's advantage. I actually don't care about losing, I haven't for a while, it's been a shit season. However I was hoping to at least finish with some sort of glimmer, instead the start the game was pathetic, no pressure, just laid down and allowed Collingwood to move the ball with ease. As I said it was already game over because you know our team is full of panic merchants who will kill any chance. Only time we looked remotely close was pickett hitting the post. Anyway thank **** the season is done.

Only reason I sometimes tune in now is to watch Kossie Pickett play, if he leaves and we continue as the product we are, I’ll drop off even more.

This season is the least games I’ve attended since before the Roos era, went to a few early on, but were such a grind I found myself wanting to do anything else with my weekends.

Really hope we can figure it out again, as we’re not the sort of club that can really cope with another period of mediocrity.

Good: chatting footy and not footy with everyone here is still the best :)

Must say Riv was pretty disappointing as a mid last few weeks. If we are going to continue down the path of Riv and McVee in the guts, then we need a better midfield coach. I have zero faith in McQualter. Riv and McVee need to get run in their legs as of now too. I know Riv has mentioned that endurance isn't a strength of his. Maybe he was a bit gassed end of season.

Goody cult checklist:

1) mention all our outs coz we got flogged this week
2) always make sure you mention Angus Brayshaw
3) say we blooded young stars this year despite only 1 of the guys who debuted looks like having any star potential
4) add some extra bullshit of your own - get creative, Max! Max: "Petty, JVR and Turner holding down positions all year that 30 year olds usually play"
5) Give the fans some delicious koolaid to sip on over the summer: mention teams to miss the 8 and be in premiership contention the season after the past few years, why cant we be like them? Hey? HEY??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goody cult checklist:

3) say we blooded young stars this year despite only 1 of the guys who debuted looks like having any star potential
4) add some extra bullshit of your own - get creative, Max! Max: "Petty, JVR and Turner holding down positions all year that 30 year olds usually play"
5) Give the fans some delicious koolaid to sip on over the summer: mention teams to miss the 8 and be in premiership contention the season after the past few years, why cant we be like them? Hey? HEY??

How was Adem Yzes ' we can finish top 4' looking Max? That's the Kool aid he's sipping from

A 45 game Melbourne player

45!

So cringe
45 game Melbourne PREMIERSHIP player, you know that ads a 3x multiple to anything they have or will ever do again.

In saying that, he is a genuinely good bloke, involved with the women's team and we took him on so on us to celebrate his career. Not like he can fly down to Tassie and get a farewell from North.

45 game Melbourne PREMIERSHIP player, you know that ads a 3x multiple to anything they have or will ever do again.

In saying that, he is a genuinely good bloke, involved with the women's team and we took him on so on us to celebrate his career. Not like he can fly down to Tassie and get a farewell from North.
I keep seeing people say this, I don't give the slightest ****?
Was hibbo a shit fella who didn't deserve one? Who cares if he's a good bloke. He played 45 bloody average games for us and hung around 2 years too long

Goody cult checklist:

Imagine if he can out and said.

• May was out but old and past his best, any injury could be his last game, much like myself but at least we have other defenders unlike rucks...
  • Clarry out but can't rely on him to get back to even a shadow of himself
  • Trac out and he won't be traded but might not ever come back and retire with Brayshaw who was out and already retired.
  • Lever was out but is overrated externally and no good without all the stars around him anyway
  • We have 2 defenders playing as forwards but at least they are young so will be years before we give up on them which gives JVR plenty of time to get fed up and go back to WA with Rivers and McVee
  • We blooded a bunch of young kids and at least we know know none of them are really up to it and role players at best
  • We have a great draft hand that will get us at least another 8-10 list cloggers in trade period

Burn the place to the ground!

Imagine if he can out and said.

• May was out but old and past his best, any injury could be his last game, much like myself but at least we have other defenders unlike rucks...
  • Clarry out but can't rely on him to get back to even a shadow of himself
  • Trac out and he won't be traded but might not ever come back and retire with Brayshaw who was out and already retired.
  • Lever was out but is overrated externally and no good without all the stars around him anyway
  • We have 2 defenders playing as forwards but at least they are young so will be years before we give up on them which gives JVR plenty of time to get fed up and go back to WA with Rivers and McVee
  • We blooded a bunch of young kids and at least we know know none of them are really up to it and role players at best
  • We have a great draft hand that will get us at least another 8-10 list cloggers in trade period

Burn the place to the ground!
There's the truth and the truth

0d23d114465a8ab292df4070bd98aba7.jpg

I keep seeing people say this, I don't give the slightest ****?
Was hibbo a shit fella who didn't deserve one? Who cares if he's a good bloke. He played 45 bloody average games for us and hung around 2 years too long
Hibbo absolutely deserved one. We are already good enough at repeating past mistakes without deliberately do it.

Yeah, good bloke, servant of the club, good with members and whatever DOES matter.

Want to see the club turn the culture around then you need more of it and less of the selfish, too good for everyone else shit that some others last and present players have got away with.

Hibbo absolutely deserved one. We are already good enough at repeating past mistakes without deliberately do it.

Yeah, good bloke, servant of the club, good with members and whatever DOES matter.

Want to see the club turn the culture around then you need more of it and less of the selfish, too good for everyone else shit that some others last and present players have got away with.
The fact we did it in front of empty stands coz everyone went home with the lightning and us getting flogged was super cringe. Abort mission at that point. Just embarrassing for Ben. We only went thru with it for more "Look everyone! Cant you see how much our players love playing here! We are a happy family!" bullshit.

Exactly what rude said, it wasn't some culture turning respect moment it was a PR chasing media choice that was cringe as all ****.

We should chair off Tommo as well if he retires 50 odd game club legend and good fella

Exactly what rude said, it wasn't some culture turning respect moment it was a PR chasing media choice that was cringe as all ****.

We should chair off Tommo as well if he retires 50 odd game club legend and good fella

I hear they told Tommo that he would be getting chaired off and then he was standing waiting on he ground and nobody did it.

Worst thing is we’re bound for mid-table mediocrity as we’re still good enough to win a few big nowhere near contending.

Hope we can at least kick 100 points next season.

Worst thing is we’re bound for mid-table mediocrity as we’re still good enough to win a few big nowhere near contending.

Hope we can at least kick 100 points next season.
Agree. Hopefully they see the changes in the league and opt to piss off this all out defence shit. Bring back 2018 Dees footy! Let's see some torps up the guts from kick ins, all out attack! Make it more fun to lose at least.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dees v Maggies Götterdämmerung - the Twilight of the Gods: the good, bad bad and fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back