Delisting mega thread 2024!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Just an adjustment on this
So apparently we started the year with 37 senior list and 7 rookies (sellers, Maley, Drury, shiels, RHJ, Dawson and Free)
Added 2 more rookies msd

We can go up to 38 on the senior list eg (38-6)
So by getting rid of TT plus the above 3 senior list changes and the additional senior list spot actually gives us 5 senior list spots

Eg 2-3 picks plus upgrade Dawson and bring in 1 player

and culling shiels, Drury and RHJ off the rookie list
Still this

5 senior list spots for draftees and trades

No new rookies

38-6 senior to rookie split instead of this years 37-7 to start the year

So you can carry 38 on the main list and 6 rookies and 3 category B rookies?
Was Maley a category B rookie coming from a basketball background?
Maley was category a

You can have 38 and 4 (37-5,36-6)
We were allowed 2 extra rookies so could’ve gone 38 and 6
We went 37-7

All of that plus cat b rookies which we have none of

He literally isn't.
Happy Anniversary Love GIF by GIPHY Studios 2022

Maley was category a

You can have 38 and 4 (37-5,36-6)
We were allowed 2 extra rookies so could’ve gone 38 and 6
We went 37-7

All of that plus cat b rookies which we have none of
Except we currently have 46 on the list. We were given 2 extra rookie spots as draft assistance. Then Teakle and Payne were added after Goater and CCJ's LTIs.

Complicating things further, according to draftguru.com.au, our rookie list is currently 9. I can't quite make sense of that.

Shiels
RHJ
Maley
Drury
Dawson
Free
RHJ
Payne
Sellers

I assume one of those must have been upgraded to the main list at some point. (Perhaps one of Teakle or Payne were actually added onto the main list?)

Except we currently have 46 on the list. We were given 2 extra rookie spots as draft assistance. Then Teakle and Payne were added after Goater and CCJ's LTIs.

Complicating things further, according to draftguru.com.au, our rookie list is currently 9. I can't quite make sense of that.

Shiels
RHJ
Maley
Drury
Dawson
Free
RHJ
Payne
Sellers

I assume one of those must have been upgraded to the main list at some point. (Dawson, maybe?)
None of that differs to what I just wrote

We started with 37-7 as we were allowed 2 extra then got 2 extra rookies msd
37-9

Can go to 38-6

Cull 4 rookies (RHJ, shiels, Drury, Free) keep the rest and maybe upgrade dawson

Delist pink and greenwood, Tt gone brings senior list to 34 and allows 4 players to senior list between trade and draft and a free rookie spot

I have a feeling I’m going to have to spell out our list situation multiple times between now and years end

Mods pls pin this post

Last edited:

37-9

Can go to 38-6

Cull 3 rookies (RHJ, shiels, Drury) keep the rest and maybe upgrade dawson

Delist pink and greenwood, Tt gone brings senior list to 34 and allows 4 players to senior list between trade and draft

I have a feeling I’m going to have to spell out our list situation multiple times between now and years end

Mods pls pin this post
We can't have 9 players on the rookie list. It doesn't make sense. You can have a maximum of 6 normally, and we were given an extra two. Our two LTIs have come off the main list.

It must be 36-8.

We can't have 9 players on the rookie list. It doesn't make sense. You can have a maximum of 6 normally, and we were given an extra two. Our two LTIs have come off the main list.

It must be 36-8.
No you can have 38-4, 37-5, 36-6
We were allowed 2 extras so could do 38-6,37-7 or 36-8

We Went at 37-7 to start the year

We got 2 rookies in msd which is why we have 9 rookies atm

It’s really not that hard to understand

No you can have 38-4, 37-5, 36-6
We were allowed 2 extras so could do 38-6,37-7 or 36-8

We Went at 37-7 to start the year

We got 2 rookies in msd which is why we have 9 rookies atm

It’s really not that hard to understand
How can we have 9 on the rookie list when we only have 8 available rookie list spots?

You yourself said we were allowed up to 8 at the start of the year.

Its not like you can just add magic spots during the MSD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How can we have 9 on the rookie list when we only have 8 available rookie list spots?

You yourself said we were allowed up to 8 at the start of the year.

Its not like you can just add magic spots during the MSD.
The 2 msd rookies are replacing 2 senior listed players on the lti

For all intents and purposes they are pseudo senior listed for rest of this year but in reality they are rookie listed and will be for next year

It’s the same as any LtI just cos your rookie list is maxed out doesn’t mean you can’t replace them msd and go an extra rookie

I think you can move a rookie temporarily onto the main list with LTI's.
Yeah so my point is just that someone's been moved to the main list, and I'm not sure who. But the starting point seems to be 36-8, plus 2 additional senior listed players with LTIs, and we expect to lose 2 of the rookie spots if we keep playing well.

Yeah so my point is just that someone's been moved to the main list, and I'm not sure who, but the starting point seems to be 36-8 (plus 2 more senior listed players with LTIs).
no its 37 and 9 (but 2 of the 9 are msd and temporarily replacing 2 senior listed LtI)

If you really want I guess you could consider it 39-7 but its not the right way to look at it as the msd guys are rookies

37-9

Can go to 38-6

Cull 4 rookies (RHJ, shiels, Drury, Free) keep the rest and maybe upgrade dawson

Delist pink and greenwood, Tt gone brings senior list to 34 and allows 4 players to senior list between trade and draft and a free rookie spot

Mods pls pin this post
You are assuming we get to keep our extra list spots. I find that highly unlikely if we maintain our current form.

Maybe I'm blind and/or stupid, but the only thing I can find in the AFL rules about transferring rookies to replace primary listed players with LTIs is this:

View attachment 2044729
It’s the bolded in this instance

when a club puts someone on the LtI pre msd they can then select someone in the msd

MSD players are rookies

This means you will temporarily have extra rookies than allowed

It’s the bolded in this instance

when a club puts someone on the LtI pre msd they can then select someone in the msd

MSD players are rookies

This means you will temporarily have extra rookies than allowed
I'm trying to identify where this is spelled out in the AFL rules. Because it doesn't seem to be captured under the LTI section.

Maybe its just implied in this part about the MSD where it says it can "impement" "procesdures" as it sees fit.

1720613280590.png

Delisting mega thread 2024!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back