News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

lol at Suma "thank God Flynns out for 3 weeks coz he's useless"

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
i dont like wishing injury upon a player. but having flynn & williams in this side together has made the team net poorer.

we need a ruck that can go for 80%, with 20% being chopped out by some hack

To be fair Suma has said Flynn is garbage for a couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Sumich also called Harley unfit & fat, then quit his job because The West refused to publish it.

Probably not the best person to confirm your bias from.

i dont like wishing injury upon a player. but having flynn & williams in this side together has made the team net poorer.

To me the 20% is Jack Williams. Is competent and improving in his role that he spends 80% in as a forward. And the club needs to make a decision in the short term (may have been made for them re Flynns potential injury) between going forward with BWilliams v Flynn.
I think as we have witnessed before young players playing well and having a crack you cant just wish away. As others have highlighted it feels as though our worst performances have been on the back of "the cavalry" returning. Still remember XON playing his best game of his short career and then getting ousted a week later for a returning senior player. I feel we have done that with the removal of Jack Williams from the side. Waterman is in ripping form so you need to make a decision on OAllen v Darling if you ask me and I would be saying, 300 not withstanding, that Darling's place in the team isn't guaranteed at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone can see that bar our MC apparently (and a few numpties on here)

To me the 20% is Jack Williams. Is competent and improving in his role that he spends 80% in as a forward. And the club needs to make a decision in the short term (may have been made for them re Flynns potential injury) between going forward with BWilliams v Flynn.
I think as we have witnessed before young players playing well and having a crack you cant just wish away. As others have highlighted it feels as though our worst performances have been on the back of "the cavalry" returning. Still remember XON playing his best game of his short career and then getting ousted a week later for a returning senior player. I feel we have done that with the removal of Jack Williams from the side. Waterman is in ripping form so you need to make a decision on OAllen v Darling if you ask me and I would be saying, 300 not withstanding, that Darling's place in the team isn't guaranteed at the moment.
Jack played well in the WAFL, well as well as you can in a team that seemed to concentrate mainly on bombing it on to the head of Lucassen instead of any of the actual AFL listed tall forwards on the park

Someone posted here previously that there was an AFL document that used the term ‘interstate’. I was highly dubious because I just couldn’t believe that even the AFL would be so arrogant, insensitive, amateurish, small minded, petty etc. Well I apologise to that poster because it’s mentioned in this article.

He was encouraged by Andrew Dillon to put his observations in writing after a conversation with the new AFL boss shortly after the grand final. Longmire (Sydney) and Adam Kingsley (Greater Western Sydney) also contributed to the AFL document entitled: “The case for fairer treatment of interstate clubs.”

Also couldn’t help noticing this also - correctly could be seen as petty but could also be seen as symptomatic of the organisation we call the vAFL.

The following instances might seem petty, but they are also symbolic. In 2015 West Coast entered the finals as ladder leaders but were placed below Hawthorn on the MCG scoreboard on grand final day with the Hawks also handed first choice of venue for their post-match function.

In 2016 at the grand final parade both handles of the premiership cup were tied with the Bulldogs’ coloured ribbons of red, white and blue. Cup ambassador Michael O’Loughlin asked for one handle to be changed to adorn Sydney’s red and white but was refused.
I noticed other stuff at the 15 GF.
Half time highlight showed only Hawthorn goals.
The Hawks sub was announced over the pa, they didn't bother with the Eagles sub.
.The Harks banner said
Our ground our rules
How right they were.

schoey is so meh to listen to. just sounds so offended.
reality is yeah he got a medal because of an injury to shep, but that was his place. a high-level fringe player.

he just a bit of a FIGJAM brat.
His GF game was elite, he could've quite easily got the Norm Smith.

Scboey deserves every bit of FIGJAM credit he gets.

He was an undeserving whipping boy of Simmos for a long time and is 100% entitled to put the boots in. How it reflects on him is another matter though, but I think he's been pretty tactful about it so far.

He was an undeserving whipping boy of Simmos for a long time and is 100% entitled to put the boots in. How it reflects on him is another matter though, but I think he's been pretty tactful about it so far.
The thing is, most players would kill for a career where they get to play nearly 200 games and win a flag.

He's not as hard done by as he thinks he is.

As good as Schoey's GF was, the fact remains, if Shep was fit he probably doesn't play.
Don't think he was a whipping boy at all.

After he retired, even most of his team mates came out said he was a grumpy bastard.

The thing is, most players would kill for a career where they get to play nearly 200 games and win a flag.

He's not as hard done by as he thinks he is.
Of course. Though it must've still felt like multiple kicks in the guts at the time, over a number of years.

I was stoked for him to be such a critical player in the GF. Would've been great for Shep to be out there too, perhaps for Cole.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back