News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

The corn has something nice to say

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Naawwww Kano, how lovely.

I hope someone shits through the sunroof of his car this arvo.

Same bloke that shat in suma’s wheeties😂

We must find the serial cereal despoiler and put an end to their reign of terror.

The corn has something nice to say

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I mean there's no doubt really. No club would be putting close to the numbers we're getting with the last 3 years we've had. Still passionate, still invested, the send off the fans gave Simmo and getting around the debutants all brilliant stuff.

A bit of love from the AFL website.

The young Eagles are responding under Schofield​

The third quarter of Friday night's win against Gold Coast was a significant one in the Eagles' rebuild as a group of youngsters showed there is more talent on the list than some would believe.

Jack Williams (nine disposals and a goal) took charge as a forward/ruck, third-gamer Harvey Johnston (seven touches) used the ball with class on a wing, 20-year-old Tyrell Dewar booted two goals, and Reuben Ginbey showed his role in the future could be as a versatile defender who can lock down and intercept, not an inside midfielder.

Throw in some striking moments from debutant Clay Hall and what we already know about Brady Hough and Harley Reid, and caretaker Jarrad Schofield is clearly getting a response from the young Eagles and answering key questions about the rebuild along the way. – Nathan Schmook

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok conspiracy time…

Last time we won a game (vs Melbourne) I looked forward to tuning into Duff on Sen to hear some of his analysis, but he had a bloody week off!!!

Go to do the same today after the good win on Friday and low and behold, Duff is nowhere to be seen again!!

Does he hate us that much that he can’t stand talking about west coast after a win?

just listened to the Shelter podcast with Skeeter and Will Schofield. Man, Schofield is coming across more and more negative towards his former club each time I hear him. He is carrying a real grudge. It's got to the point where I am starting to loath the guy. Won't bother tuning in to him again. He can take his purple beanie and ride off into the sunset.

Not sure if he should be saying that though. My employer would sack me on the spot if I spoke like that about them.
Depends on how his role operates and what's in his contract, I guess.

As someone who is probably contracted to the club and isn't a direct employee of theirs, I imagine he'd have a clause in his contract that would prevent WCE from terminating him based on negative comments about the club, simply due to his other pre-existing media obligations.

I don't listen to the podcasts but Schofield's commentary on the weekend was perfectly fine and balanced. Called free kicks that weren't there (JWills intercept mark for example) and questioned things when he needed to.

Had a crack at Duggan early and praised him late, was pretty fair all round.

Also thought Mooney was pretty good.

I don't listen to the podcasts but Schofield's commentary on the weekend was perfectly fine and balanced. Called free kicks that weren't there (JWills intercept mark for example) and questioned things when he needed to.

Mooney was definitely a step up from Pav in the box.

Schoey reads BigFooty confirmed. Spent last week reading up on all those posts calling him salty and a bit of a figjam, and corrected course this week.

Will - if you're reading this: go and ask Ginbey if he's modelling himself on you in your next "swoop" segment.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back