News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

THE GUY HAS TURNED INTO A FLOG. On the podcast today, after our best win of the year and he didn't have one good word to say about it or the club. So negative in everything he says about the Eagles nowadays. A flog with a chip on his shoulder.
Don't like the guy at all now; got too big for his britches!

I don't listen to the podcasts but Schofield's commentary on the weekend was perfectly fine and balanced. Called free kicks that weren't there (JWills intercept mark for example) and questioned things when he needed to.

Had a crack at Duggan early and praised him late, was pretty fair all round.

Also thought Mooney was pretty good.
One thing that irked me with Mooney was when he said something along the lines of Mcgovern turning back the clock with a vintage performance. Sounded like someone who doesn’t watch any eagles games. gov would probably be in the conversation for another AA this year if it weren’t for his injuries

One thing that irked me with Mooney was when he said something along the lines of Mcgovern turning back the clock with a vintage performance. Sounded like someone who doesn’t watch any eagles games. gov would probably be in the conversation for another AA this year if it weren’t for his injuries
Agreed, Gov might even be the best defender in the league on a game by game basis, he'd be close to it anyway.

So far he has missed rounds: 1, 15, 19, 20 and 21.

There's a part of me that hopes if he plays every game remaining for the year (at a high level) that it will be enough for him to be recognised. But I have my doubts.

I don't listen to the podcasts but Schofield's commentary on the weekend was perfectly fine and balanced. Called free kicks that weren't there (JWills intercept mark for example) and questioned things when he needed to.

Had a crack at Duggan early and praised him late, was pretty fair all round.

Also thought Mooney was pretty good.

I had misfortune of listening to Jacko on 6PR on Friday night. Man, he was so negative about the Eagles & the game I almost didn’t watch on Kayo delay.

While watching on delay I thought must have been watching a different game to the one Jacko was watching.

PS his ongoing dribble about Barrass list management situation was very forceful. Even to the point I thought he loved the sound of his own voice. Lee Spurr and the other fellow were drowned out by Jacko.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gov's name will def be on the AA table. Depends on how many in the room have actually watched all his games.
A good game against North and us winning will go a long way. Unfortunately we all know Larkey, Larky, whatever, will dine out on us.

THE GUY HAS TURNED INTO A FLOG. On the podcast today, after our best win of the year and he didn't have one good word to say about it or the club. So negative in everything he says about the Eagles nowadays. A flog with a chip on his shoulder.
Don't like the guy at all now; got too big for his britches!
I doubt he has changed. You come across these people.

Don't care about W Schofield's hot takes, he's obviously just realising it works in his favour a la Cornes. The more people hate you the more they tune in for some reason.

The interesting point I think both guys on the pod missed, particularly Readings, is why that win felt so good. Yes we have had good wins in our shit few years and even under Simmo, but I cant really recall a game in the last few years where we were down in the second half and physically outmuscled the opponent to win.

It doesn't have to mean that's a harbinger of things to come but it really was something that hasn't been seen for a good while.

Ok conspiracy time…

Last time we won a game (vs Melbourne) I looked forward to tuning into Duff on Sen to hear some of his analysis, but he had a bloody week off!!!

Go to do the same today after the good win on Friday and low and behold, Duff is nowhere to be seen again!!

Does he hate us that much that he can’t stand talking about west coast after a win?

Probably doesn’t help his beloved purple went down, I’m sure he will be cherry ripe after this weekend when we get belted by the Roos and the dockers comfortably beat the cats.

He also didn't really seem to listen to Readings points either. Just so negative, anything the club does he seems to be so anti.

Maybe I'm the fool and he's going down the Stephen A. Smith route by picking on the big fan base.

Surprised his nickname wasn't Eeyore

Yeah he’s not a good debater either you can hear in his voice he starts to get emotional and has nothing relevant to say back because he is just repeating himself, then he generally cuts skeet off and changes the subject.

He changes his tune week to week which is piss poor from a supposed analyst of the game, he was saying the dockers can make the gf last week and now he’s saying there done after a 1point loss😂

Hey look, an AAA where all that gets mentioned is that gold coast lost away.
I syppose with the 400 gamer a shot after the siren and Sydney's capitulation its not the most unreasonable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I often have that feeling. It's clear that many commentators haven't watched us for 10 weeks before they commentate our games.

Don't care about W Schofield's hot takes, he's obviously just realising it works in his favour a la Cornes. The more people hate you the more they tune in for some reason.

The interesting point I think both guys on the pod missed, particularly Readings, is why that win felt so good. Yes we have had good wins in our shit few years and even under Simmo, but I cant really recall a game in the last few years where we were down in the second half and physically outmuscled the opponent to win.

It doesn't have to mean that's a harbinger of things to come but it really was something that hasn't been seen for a good while.

Spot on there.

Interestingly they talked about this on the pod just this evening.

You usually get Schofield's hot takes Monday morning but he tends to be far more measured in the evening pod.

They talked about how WCE clearly wanted it more, despite GC having more talent. They smelled blood and got the win.

Fair bit of credit has to go to J.Schofield for that one. All too often they'd drop their heads under Simmo when the oppo got a couple of goals ahead in the last.

I get the feeling that won't fly under Schofield.

Can’t believe W Schofield still works at the club! The latest shelter footy cast, he is basically warning coaches not to coach us!
He has to go
Yep. He has no filter when it comes to bashing the Eagles, or anyone for that matter. Eagles still pay him to do some jobs around the place. It will be interesting to see how long that continues given his now consistent bagging of the club.

Will be interesting how Schoeys tune changes when we start rising us the ladder or if he knuckles down harder. Would be funny if he does knuckle down harder on us considering him and a few others decided to call up Robert Walls after the 2018 granny

Remove this Banner Ad

News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back