News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, Schofield is a dick and he has been a dick towards the West Coast Eagles for ages. I won’t listen to any of his podcasts any more because I’m sick of his rubbish.
I didnt bother tuning into this weeks one on the back of what was said by some on here..

I'll go back to old faithfull the 'duff and barra'

Barra and Quarters suggesting that Graham was given the word that he probably wasn't getting the job as to why he pulled out

Also addressed how much Simmo pulled rank over his assistants when he was there. Suggested Trew and Harry Edwards weren't Simmos favourites and there's alot more chance Harry re signs now he's gone

Like always sounded like a couple of old dudes rambling so don't shoot the messenger

I didnt bother tuning into this weeks one on the back of what was said by some on here..

I'll go back to old faithfull the 'duff and barra'

Yep Duff and Barra are a good listen. I like the banter, the jokey nature of the podcast and the stories that Barra always has.
H's a right funny bugger, actually.

Yep Duff and Barra are a good listen. I like the banter, the jokey nature of the podcast and the stories that Barra always has.
H's a right funny bugger, actually.
I only listen to bits and bobs as i have a shorter commute to work these days.

I do miss the duff and quarters podcast. Two old school genuine journos

Didn't mind that podcast with Schofield/Readings.
Schofield pots the age demographic of the list & that most of the best players in the win v Gold Coast were seniors.
Nothing that doesn't get said on here al the time.
Obviously Will has NFI about the process WCE are doing re new coach, which is great. No insider BS.
One thing I do struggle with is that the new coaching position will be interim/development until a messiah gets appointed.
He also mentioned that the coach selection panel could benefit from an outsider...then threw out J Langer as a candidate:drunk:
Not sure Will has any clue on WCE board members.
Think Mark Readings goes well.

Schofield pots the age demographic of the list & that most of the best players in the win v Gold Coast were seniors.
Not sure I agree with Schoey, as I thought Ginbey, Reid, Hough and Jack Williams were all excellent on the night. Plus great signs from Johnston, Dewar. Hall as sub showed a fair bit.

Thought the young players were able to play with more confidence because the older players i.e. Darling stood up, which has been a rarity over the last few seasons.

Barra and Quarters suggesting that Graham was given the word that he probably wasn't getting the job as to why he pulled out

Also addressed how much Simmo pulled rank over his assistants when he was there. Suggested Trew and Harry Edwards weren't Simmos favourites and there's alot more chance Harry re signs now he's gone

Like always sounded like a couple of old dudes rambling so don't shoot the messenger
Simmo certainly seemed to have his favourites. And his non-favourites.
And HEdwards seemed to be on his outer and Trew seemed to be on his outside of outer.

HEdwards looks like a pretty good AFL prospect of late and Trew, despite the unlucky injuries and knocks, has showed there is something to work with. A rookie that becomes a solid B22 mid is one of those things you need.

Unless you get handout after handout you need to;
1. Recruit smart with your high picks;
2. trade smart; and
3. find some gems and some solid B22 guys with your lower, rookie and MSD picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harry Edwards was a victim of our strong backline over the years more than anything else.

I always thought he was the first selected when Bung, Gov or Barrass was out when he wasn't injured himself that is.
Harry is a good example of do we just want the sugar hit of winning games now, or, do we want to win a premiership ASAP? They’re not necessarily the same thing.

To that end I suggested at the start of the season Gov and TB needed to be ‘managed’ a fair bit to create space for the next best KPD to get games. (And that might have a side effect of extending the longevity of TB and Gov.)

The worst thing that can happen now is Headwards leaves for a better offer and barass is out too

Leaves an injury prone 33yo another injury prone makeshift back and bazzo...who hasnt had the best 2 years.

Just ****ing hope we dont shit ourselves and retain witho and rotham as cover.

They just couldn't could they? They aren't cover FFS. They are the problem.

Would be far happier having the likes of Sam Frost or Tom Cluery running around than those two.

The worst thing that can happen now is Headwards leaves for a better offer and barass is out too

Leaves an injury prone 33yo another injury prone makeshift back and bazzo...who hasnt had the best 2 years.

Just ****ing hope we dont shit ourselves and retain witho and rotham as cover.
If Edawards wants to go, pretty sure that will put a stop to us trading TB.

We can't lose both.

I really don't think Simo has issues with HEdwards. He's rarely had a clean run of injuries and when there has been a spot, he's been selected. He's been behind Gov and s guy some on here is worth a top 10 pick+ a sweetener.

Also, Trew is pretty much the last player on the list. It's more "not very good" than Simo having issues with him.

If Edawards wants to go, pretty sure that will put a stop to us trading TB.

We can't lose both.

I'm willing to bet a lot of money on the following:
  1. the only reason we are even looking at offloading TB is because we have HEdwards to play his role
  2. The club has little to no interest in trading out HEdwards, and will be more than happy to pay him the significant lower salary that TB requires

I'm willing to bet a lot of money on the following:
  1. the only reason we are even looking at offloading TB is because we have HEdwards to play his role
  2. The club has little to no interest in trading out HEdwards, and will be more than happy to pay him the significant lower salary that TB requires
Is there any evidence that the club (not BF) is looking at trading TB?

Is there any evidence that the club (not BF) is looking at trading TB?

I mean you can doubt the media reports, but with this much smoke it would surprise me if there was no fire. We are in a rebuild and trading out TB would warrant us gaining the most out of any of our contracted players

Clubs look like they are willing to offer him a significant amount of $$$, and at this stage it doesn't look like we are prepared to match that. If that is the case, it would make sense for him to request a trade.

If this all works out then us re-signing him last year to prevent a FA move will be one of our best list management moves in recent history

Remove this Banner Ad

News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back