News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

If anyone is brave enough, braver than me... HoneyBadger35 belives North are shit enough.
Hammer Bray, on the Backchat poddy, said a couple of weeks ago he would match any bet, that North Melbourne, starting next year would win more Grand finals than west coast, in the 10 years including 2025.
The phrasing to me implies 1 each or even 0 each and you win.
nice 10 year long bet, put up a packet of smokes and some avocados now and be rich in 10 years time.
Bad bet at 1:1 odds. One team has five years of bottom two finishes and multiple years of priority picks under their belt, the other has a lot more going for it as a club but a ways to go list wise.

Smart money would be on a nil all draw at this stage, but if Hammer offered decent odds I'd have a look.

Bad bet at 1:1 odds. One team has five years of bottom two finishes and multiple years of priority picks under their belt, the other has a lot more going for it as a club but a ways to go list wise.

Smart money would be on a nil all draw at this stage, but if Hammer offered decent odds I'd have a look.
Yea, the 5 years bottom 2 with some prio picks as well is a lot of talent.
imagine if we had pick 1 and pick 19, instead of 30, what a world to be living in.

We'll have the choice of Foxtel commentary starting next year, won't we?

If so, they can stack 7 with BT, Darcy, Watson, Hamish, Cornes and Selwood every match for all I care.
i wont. i'll be canning foxtel soon.

sick of paying $100 for a faulty IQ5 that constanly disconnects from wifi and dealing with overseas tech support that have no ****ing clue.

i wont. i'll be canning foxtel soon.

sick of paying $100 for a faulty IQ5 that constanly disconnects from wifi and dealing with overseas tech support that have no ****ing clue.
Thinking of technology, I use Kayo for our matches. I find it can buffer (sometimes frequently) or simply drop out altogether.

However, I’ve put that down to using a router not connected via a landline meaning I share available bandwidth with everyone nearby. It’s sooooo maddening some days!

Or is it just that Kayo, even with a landline, is crap?

What experience do other Kayo subscribers have?

Thinking of technology, I use Kayo for our matches. I find it can buffer (sometimes frequently) or simply drop out altogether.

However, I’ve put that down to using a router not connected via a landline meaning I share available bandwidth with everyone nearby. It’s sooooo maddening some days!

It's hit and miss, I find it's better if you watch the footy (assuming you're watching live) on the live channels rather than individual game stream.

I used to have issues with buffering/lag, but that was due to the age of my old router and issues with the WiFi on it.

When I used a wired connection to the TV it was smooth.

Ended up investing in a home mesh solution for WiFi and haven't had any issues since with Kayo

Gaines previously made a reported 6mil a year whilst at FMG, not sure if woosha has that same level of executive, if ya know what i mean.

Worsfold doesn’t have the business acumen of someone like Gaines but he knows football. A good football board needs a balance

We have 8 people on our board

Paul Fitzpatrick - lawyer
Elizabeth Gaines - Business Executive
Justin Langer - cricketer and national coach
Ben Wyatt - politician
Terry Bowen - Business executive
Nicole Moody - marketing executive
Rowan Jones - footballer
Jan Cooper - women’s football pioneer

I think we’re one football person short so when Fitzpatrick departs at the end of this year when his 9 year term expires I hope he’s replaced with someone like Worsfold or Beau Waters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I used to have issues with buffering/lag, but that was due to the age of my old router and issues with the WiFi on it.

When I used a wired connection to the TV it was smooth.

Ended up investing in a home mesh solution for WiFi and haven't had any issues since with Kayo
New router set up near a window and within a few metres of the TV.

No troubles with the setup except with Kayo.

I guess im asking is Kayo trouble free for those with a landline connection?

New router set up near a window and within a few metres of the TV.

No troubles with the setup except with Kayo.

I guess im asking is Kayo trouble free for those with a landline connection?
It is trouble free for me, TV wired to router (fixed wireless connection to internet rather than NBN)

I'm lucky, when we built our place (over 10 years ago now, where does the time go?) I made sure to put Ethernet ports in pretty much every room. Wifi is getting better but it's still not good enough if you have a family all streaming/downloading stuff.

I also put TV ports in all the rooms that have Ethernet. That's proven to be less useful as time goes by 🤣

I'm lucky, when we built our place (over 10 years ago now, where does the time go?) I made sure to put Ethernet ports in pretty much every room. Wifi is getting better but it's still not good enough if you have a family all streaming/downloading stuff.

I also put TV ports in all the rooms that have Ethernet. That's proven to be less useful as time goes by 🤣

my house only has an ethernet port in the kitchen for some reason

who the **** needs ethernet in the kitchen?!

C7 misread the email about diversity in broadcasting
Not at all, by adding Cornes, diverse they get.

I'll see myself out.

post GIF

Jeez who shoved a rocket up his arse. So sick of the hatchet jobs by everyone in the media. We've been bad yes but there were genuine signs of improvement this year.
Would love to read a positive artice, just one would be nice for a change.
I hope all the club and players come out with an us v the world attitude. Time to prove everyone wrong.

Jeez who shoved a rocket up his arse. So sick of the hatchet jobs by everyone in the media. We've been bad yes but there were genuine signs of improvement this year.
Would love to read a positive artice, just one would be nice for a change.
I hope all the club and players come out with an us v the world attitude. Time to prove everyone wrong.
He's pissed because he hasn't been asked.

Listening to Simmo's interview this morning, he said he never applied for the WCE job, he was canvassed by Lloyd Reeves(who's the same bloke they've hired this time around).

Said the players thought Sumich was most likely getting the job.

It is trouble free for me, TV wired to router (fixed wireless connection to internet rather than NBN)
I don't to keep on about it :) but I don't have a landline/NBN. I use a router connected through a 'dongle' which I assume is my dinosaur way of saying a 'fixed wireless connection'. Correct?

If so, you're saying if instead of my wireless connection to the router I put a cable between the TV and router? And for you that is 'trouble free'.

So then am I right to assume people with a landline/NBN also get fault free Kayo?

kayo is absolute garbage. the app is laggy af and shits itself all the time. the website is even worse and will use all my memory (32gb) and eventually lock up my machine unless i refresh the tab every 10 minutes or so. they must be mining monero or something it doesn't make any sense. illegal streaming sites are unironically much better especially for american sports.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back