News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, I reckon he was reliably informed that Joe is retiring but got ahead of himself in hinting towards it and has backtracked. Luke Darcy inadvertently announced Tim Watson’s exit from Seven and got loads of heat from that.

I think the tip BT got was solid based on Joe’s teammates’ reaction to his second goal yesterday. There was something in that.

I’m not saying Joe will retire for sure, but it’s clear he is considering it.
He should not have teased it, it's not like the grand final needed a little extra spice to sell it to the public. All he did was shake up the media, so other journos came out and reported it to get the 'scoop', which in turn added pressure on Daniher. So he's held off and BT looks like the dickhead he is by having nothing.

I can respect that he actually seems to have opinions on things. Is some of it performative, sure.

But I'd much prefer that over the "love the way he goes about it" types.
Definitely

Darcy and Ling two of the worst for that reason

Just fake smarmy grossness

Cornes is a bit pathetic with his clickbaitery but it’s part and parcel these days unfortunately

Definitely

Darcy and Ling two of the worst for that reason

Just fake smarmy grossness

Cornes is a bit pathetic with his clickbaitery but it’s part and parcel these days unfortunately
I think with Cornes if you can filter out some of the sensationalism attached, then he's one of the better media performers in my view.

Take for example his statement
"Tim Taranto is not in the Top 150 players in the competition"

Clearly an over-exaggeration and Taranto is quite easily in the Top 150 players in the competition.

Is he however overrated by most in the media, because all they look at are his statistics and possessions?
Absolutely, and that is the main takeaway from that conversation.

I think with Cornes if you can filter out some of the sensationalism attached, then he's one of the better media performers in my view.

Take for example his statement
"Tim Taranto is not in the Top 150 players in the competition"

Clearly an over-exaggeration and Taranto is quite easily in the Top 150 players in the competition.

Is he however overrated by most in the media, because all they look at are his statistics and possessions?
Absolutely, and that is the main takeaway from that conversation.
Yeh he does it because the over-exaggeration is what’ll get quoted on social media and he knows it’ll generate outrage. So you’re forced to sift through exactly what he’s said to deduce your own takeaways

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back